How I Met Your Father

“Lordy me, that picture takes me back.  It was at the Rotary Club picnic, and there was this boy — and I swear he must have followed us the whole afternoon, working up his nerve.  Finally he comes up to me — and of course he was much thinner then, dont’cha know, and he still had all his fur — and he just stands there, staring.

“Well, after a few minutes of this, I give up and turn to get some more tuna casserole, and he just up and bites me on the tail!  Right in front of everybody!  And well, of course I’m just madder than I-don’t-know-what-all, and I’m about to haul off and slug him, when I get a look into his eyes.  And it was like they were pleading with me: Don’t go.

CHOMP!

“And I figured, if a feller wants a girl bad enough to bite her on the tail, he must want her awful bad.  That was forty-seven years ago, and we been together ever since.  Missed the fireworks and everything.

“Well, not entirely.”

AWWWW!

Thanks for the memories, Dia H.

Comments

1. dubyah1 says:

Do adult marmies act as Theo-Bait?
    Happy Father’s Day, Theo, where e’re you be.

2. Patient kitty counting down to pointy-end unleashing in 3…..2…1..

3. Oh, Heavens! Interspecies snorgling?! Lawsa mercy, whatever will be next? I have to go find my pearls to clutch, stat!!

4. :lol: I wonder if that cat is raising that pup :lol:

5. Mary (the first) says:

That’s gotta be an adoptive dad/mom (like Teresa says) raising the pup. Nothing else would put that long-suffering look on kitteh’s face.

6. Mary (the first) says:

Sorry, the Qte totally put the story out of my head, of course that’s an adoptive mom. :D

7. Dogs and cats, living together.

8. Mass hysteria!

9. Human sacrifice!

10. sabrina rose says:

A very darling story with adorable photos. I miss my papa every day. Everybody with good fathers in their lives, please count your blessings.

11. Although it should be a kitteh rather than a miffed adult, a marmie + Father’s Day makes me think of Theo:

Happy Father’s Day, Theo and Jaye and their human, canine and feline families!

12. Meg, I LOVE the narrative. I can hear my grandmother’s voice while I read it. So funny.

13. ilikechocolatemilk says:

ah, a NTMTOM classic! great then, great now.

happy fathers day all!

14. I’ve probably mentioned this, but my grandma and grandpa met when my grandpa dropped a water balloon off the roof on her head. :D

15. Fird Birfle says:

*sits at edge of seat in movie theater*

16. Oh my putty paws – We cannot ask for better love than this. Long live the couple. Yea.

17. Fird Birfle says:

but…no HUMAN BABIES so it’s all gonna work out in the end!!!

18. Fird Birfle says:

oooooooh Theresa.

Wot a romantic tale.

*sigh*

19. wuyizidi says:

Hmm, déjà vu. I can’t be sure if it’s the same cat (and dog), but wasn’t this one of NOMTOM’s first posts in CO?

20. Plus best friends – you bark and I will scratch – we have our varmits cornered – barking and hissing away to curl up and sleep. See Ya.

21. victoreia says:

Mass hysteria is next!

22. i LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i just had to get it out…sorry. please continue on with you’re day, thank you.)

23. YOUR not YOU’RE. the cuteness of said picture rendered me grammarless.

24. That’s…hilarious, and wonderful, and silly. *happy sigh*

25. bob drummond says:

That could ‘ve been the end of their relationship right then and there ! But God works in mysteriuos ways ! Glad there was a happy ending !

26. Miss Tara says:

For goodness’ sake, don’t go gettin’ the vapors!

27. KIttyMarthaPoo says:

Love the expression on the long-suffering marmie’s face in the second one: “Ok, fine you can kiss me, but just once. Lordy..”

28. Miss Tara says:

Sabrina Rose – I had a wonderful papa and also miss him every day. My sympathy to you — and I don’t know the numbers high enough to count the blessings of having had him as a father.

29. Queen of Dork says:

This site always makes me smile. Like this: :)

30. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa, I remember you telling us that story! I really love it!

31. bob drummond says:

Of course , just maybe your grandma might have gotten even with your grandpa at a later and more convenient time ! hee hee hee hee heee !!!!!!

32. me too QOD :) me too.

33. This just made my day better :D Thanks CO!