THIS JUST IN: Bebeh Croquet Mallet

Hedgehogs beware: SeaWorld Orlando is caring for a pair of Caribbean flamingo chicks, hatched last month. Still covered with fluffy white down, the bebehs will get their adult pink feathers in about three years.

Story, more cuteness via SeaWorld.

Comments

1. Theresa says:

I beg to differ, little Knobbular Knees. You are dee-vine right now.

2. sabrina rose says:

Welcome, pretty little fluffy one! What a sweet face you have! Wish my beat-up old knees could bend like your pretty pink ones.

3. kibblenibble says:

Teh leetle backwards knees are so rubbery-cute. The fuzzy down looks extra soft, too. I like this pre-pink stage!

4. So many adorable babies at the zoos! We have a new knobbly giraffe calf and some fuzzy clouded leopard cubs here in Nashville!

5. Does that sweet baby still have it’s egg tooth? Ahhhhh!

6. Sorry to go against the grain but ooooh yuck!

7. It’s apparently still not very well-known that a flamingo’s “backwards knees” are actually its ankles. (*The More You Know logo*)

8. I read somewhere that flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp. I wonder if they don’t eat shrimp before age three, or if it takes three years for the pigment to build up to that level, or if whatever I read was taking the piss.

Regardless, this behbeh can come stand on my proverbial lawn any day.

9. lds7yrs says:

I know, it kilded me too.

10. So glad someone’s on the ball. :) You’re right. Flamingos are not pink naturally, it’s because of their diet. *ahem, NTMTOM*

11. This is the definition of awkward cute. I cannot stop looking at this pic.

12. We all know the ballet Swan Lake. Is there not a (k)need (okay, ankle) for Flamingo Lake? Imagine the tutus! The rhythms! The shrimp cocktails!

13. Yup….I was going to comment on the cute egg tooth too!! =)

14. Katrina says:

‘Mingo!

15. Sharon Wilson says:

Bebeh clouded leopard cubs! Want, want!

16. Me three.

17. wannadance says:

dang! good silence-inducer at a party. what can one say?
    was the croquet mallet thing from ‘alice in wonderland’ or a cheech and chong movie, or what?

18. wannadance says:

kevin: does it have any knees or just those very bendy ankles? people used to say i looked like a flamingo, being long and tall with very long long dancer’s laigs. now, though, more of a frog effect. we all come to that if we live long enough. long laigs, back of self moves areound to front of self…

gone are the days when my heart was young and gay. and located in my ankle. oh, INDEED…

shiny.

19. Queen of Dork says:

Oh! The knees are bent so adorably and with such daintiness! LOVE! I just had a moment with some birds in my back yard. I was sitting in my dining room looking out the sliding glass door at these two adorable little birds pecking about in the yard. My daughter and her friend were in the living room. I was all, “Oh! Hi little birds! Hi sweethearts!” Then I did their voices saying to me, “Hi Stephanie!” Princess of Dork was all, (eye roll and smile), “Oh my gosh, mommy. You are SUCH a dork.” :)

20. Queen of Dork says:

Okay. I know it’s not a swan but it reminds me of thees: