HEAR YE, HEAR YE

Town crier cat announces, “Ten O’ Clock and all is well!”

“Ladies and gentlemen I proclaim our fine city streets are quiet and safe at this hour!”

“However, it would be my pleasure to change all that.”

Stay tuned! Sand cat at Lincoln Park Zoo by Yinghai.

Comments

1. Sand cat! Sand cat!

I see him as singing “Aaaaaaaaand IIIIIIIIeeeeeeIIIIIIIIIeeeeeIIIIIIIIIIII will always lu-huve yoooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo!”

2. too funny!!!

3. I *love* his bracelets!!

4. just wikipedia’ed sand cats, and their Latin name is Felis margarita
    … which only makes me want a fancy umbrella drink

5. phred's mom says:

What a beauty! Love the bracelets and the lipliner.
    Very glamorous.

6. @phred’s mom- you stole my post exactly! Absolutely gorgeous cat, but I was thinking arm bands, not bracelets. :)

7. preeeeeeeety kitty !!!!

8. Starfish says:

Kitteh sounds (and looks, in the 2nd pic) quite villainous. Sand Cat? Where’s Spider-Cat when you need him?

9. Ooh, ominous.

10. Hah!

11. Announcements every meower on the meower.

12. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa: you’re in a fine voice tonight !!!! :)

13. emmberrann says:

No one mentioned the eyeliner. I’m a little surprised. I thought everybody would notice! I do think Sand Cat would give Audrey Hepburn a challenge in aConcours d’Elégance.

14. loribelle says:

I see them more as stripes indicating his rank…

15. wuyizidi says:

Dear Sand Cat, I hereby formally deputize you as an Agent of Chaos. You are now at liberty to terrorize small towns, spread allergies, annoy neighborhood goggies, and grimace at children.

16. The Original Jane says:

“Don’t mess with me – I’m half fennel fox, half ferocious feline. And yes, you heard correctly, my name IS Ffiffy.” (It’s okay, Ffiffy, at least it’s not Sue.)

17. Drill sarge???

18. I bet that fur is really soft and nommable.

19. Thundercats HO!!!

20. bob drummond says:

…My name is Sue- How do you do !!!………..

21. victoreia says:

Master sergeant!

22. Hovertext: No hooligans or layabouts, eh? What about ne’er-do-wells? And rowdies? Or wastrels? Or riffraff? :mrgreen:

23. Makes me so that such a beautiful animal is in a zoo.

24. :D Theresa wins!

25. My gray tabbeh yowls usually around 4-5 am. No matter what the breed, cats like to MEOOOOWWW!!! :)

26. What about bounders and jackanapes?

27. Theresa says:

Oh those jackanapes!!!

28. I actually laughed aloud at the town crier. Thanks for my first laugh of the day.

29. That’s MY Sand Cat! I donate to the Lincoln Park Zoo on this little cutie’s behalf! By the by, if you are ever in Chicago, definitely hit up this zoo. Best zoo I’ve ever been to and it’s FREE!

30. That’s why I call all tabby cats “Sarge.”

31. BLACK LIPS! I am suck a sucker for black lips on a non-black cat.

32. I love the Lincoln Park Zoo. And while you’re in the neighborhood, the Chicago History Museum is pretty cool, too.

33. Why? Zoos, at their best, are wonderful things. The animals are treated well, given habitats that are suited to their needs, given nutritious diets, and if breeding programs are instituted, zoos can be key to preserving and reintroducing endangered animals back into the wild. Better that a beautiful animal be in the zoo, than somewhere its skin can be harvested for a beautiful fur trade.

34. Howsabout: flotsam and jetsam……! :mrgreen:

35. The Original Jane says:

Ha!

36. That is so true, Saffron :lol: Our cat, Badger, (who owns me, my brother and his male friend), also is quite the MEOWER :lol: