Basic Water Safety Rule #1

Always swim with a buddy!

A young sea nomad named Enal is quite attached to this tawny nurse shark in Sulawesi, Indonesia. Another absolutely fabulous Marilyn T. submission via National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest. Now through July 11!

Comments

1. Me and my shadow ………..

2. Marci B says:

that is the coolest thing ever!!!!

3. wuyizidi says:

“Nurse shark” sounds so sinister. I like it.

4. I’ll just leave this here:

5. Theresa says:

Um, I hope this doesn’t annoy the shark. I wouldn’t want to annoy a shark. . . :roll:

6. Nurse Sharks have small mouths and probably aren’t much threat to humans. Also, they know CPR. Because they’re nurse sharks, see, and nurses know… OK, I’ll shut up and post the link:

7. Theresa says:

Fair enough, but I have relatives who are nurses, and trust me, you wouldn’t want to do this to them. They didn’t take the Hippocratic Oath, and if you did this to them, they would probably pistol-whip you at least.

8. lds7yrs says:

Nurses do not need to resort to pistol whipping. They have pokey things, and little white pills in cups, and worst of all… bedpans! Tick off the doctor, if you will, but do not annoy the nurse…

9. 260Oakley says:

Scene from the children’s classic “Chuckleberry Fin”

10. Hello Nurse!

11. You will NOT enjoy the sponge bath.

12. lds7yrs says:

Kar, I was trying not to think about the sponge bath!

13. i know. i’m thinking of changing my name a little.

14. victoreia says:

@ Kar: you ain’t kidding!

15. Fird Birfle says:

….wondering, about the interrelationships btw sponge “baths” and spit “baths” ….. 8-O

16. Such a cool photo! The look of happiness on the young man’s face is awesome.

I would like to do that as well but think it would take a Great White (or maybe Sharktopus?) to haul my bulk around the water. :)

17. Any morning with a reference to Sharktopus on CuteOverload is a good day! Thanks muchly, Saffron.

18. This looks like a cartoon picture (?)

19. Sharon Wilson says:

Sharktopus? Looks like somebody’s a Wild Kratts fan!

20. skippymom says:

You’re giving it a little thought, or you’re thinking of making a little change to your name??

21. Chomp-chomp!

22. Don’t harass the marine life — nurse sharks just want to nap during the day. Sharktopus, on the other hand ….

23. CHOMP! :D