Acatrophobia

Kitties that are afraid of heights.

Perhaps little Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, also known as Ro Ro, wouldn’t have gotten herself stuck in this predicament if her housemate Lexus wasn’t such a bed hog!

Tammi B. says that Ro Ro will cover her plate when she’s finished eating (cover it with what, Tammi?), fetch and sing for her food. You can see more of Ro Ro and Lexus’s adventures here.

Comments

1. Oh, sad face over sad face Ro-Ro. :(

2. Vertigo-cat!

3. Poor sad frowny Ro Ro!

4. kodalai says:

In this case “covering” may refer to the behavior that some cats exhibit if there is still food once they are done eating: they will scratch at the air or the floor around their dish as though “covering” it with air. This is the remnant of an old “cacheing” instinct; if there’s more food than you can eat, bury it so you can come back to it later.

5. fleurdamour says:

That bed scene is like the 1% vs the 99%.

6. AWW :D I would pick you up and cuddle you, Ro Ro :D :lol: Looks like they need another cat bed like that for the other kitty :lol:

7. i’ve lived my entire life with cats and always thought it was because they thought it was stinky and trying to cover it like poop. i went through many brands of food and they thought it all stunk! i like your explanation much better!

8. Peeps, we interrupt the cute to congratulation San Francisco on Matt Cain’s perfect game! Awesomeness!!

9. Mary (the first) says:

Me too! And I thought I “knew” cats! omg I can’t believe that they’re saving the food, not rejecting it. Man, I’ll save lots of dough on the next cats’ food! No more buying several flavors to find one they like! Thanks, Kodalai!!

10. Yikes! At first I thought it was just a head on top of the post!

11. Alice Shortcake says:

Aww, I want to kiss that little down-turned mouf! And the contested bed is FAAAAABULOUS!

12. bob drummond says:

Sounds like when Fido buries his “bonez” !

13. kodalai says:

Yes! I looked it up because I was worried they were mistaking a food dish for the litter area XD But no!

14. The bed. OMG. The BED!!!! ♥
    Oh, and the beautiful kitties too, of course. ;)

15. SlaveToCat says:

That Q’Tip is a real Q’Tee…

16. Blue Footed Booby says:

Nothing but a head…

17. astropunkin says:

I confirm your explanation because I had the same worry about my kittehs. I think its a super cool thing that my kittehs still have some of their wild instincts!

18. Brooksmom says:

his name could be “Senor Pussycat – on a steeck!”

19. Fird Birfle says:

*Cheering in an unsophisticated non-baseball-knowledgeable manner*

(I am aware of Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ty Cobbs, and Shoeless Joe ….)

20. Fird Birfle says:

Comme les deux chats sont elegants!!!!

Also Ro Ro resembles a cartoon kitty, on top of the scratching post …

21. emmberrann says:

Atop the scratching post just isn’t enough real estate for even a liddle kitteh, Ro-Ro! “Move over, Lexus, there’s enough room for bof of us, stop playin’! I just wanna lie down on the bed, Lexus, lemme up there!”

22. Heh. I like the video with the dog and the chinchillas, too. They’re running all over the place, including on the dog, and he’s like, “Dude, I am not an obstacle course!”

23. Jen Deyan says:

Pups do this as well. Although many times they ‘dig’ their nose into the invisible ground to ‘cover up’ their food. It was so cute when I saw my friend’s pekinese doing this. She was very diligent about ‘saving’ her food.

24. sleekityin says:

Love the Paddington Bear stare that Lexus gives (at 0:35) when Ro-Ro ventures an exploratory paw onto the bed.

25. Fird Birfle says:

HEY YOU GUYYYY-UUUUYYYYYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    (a la Rita Moreno, The Electric companyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiieeee)

I JIST REALIZED

Ro-ro is an EMO KITTEH !!!!!

26. here is the video they posted of ro-ro covering up his food. it’s with a table cloth of sorts that the plate was on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PVLmIIWGic&feature=plcp

27. “Save” food? “Done eating”? These are not concepts my cat is familiar with.

28. Fird Birfle says:

1: Ro-ro is SO VEWWY neat and tidy !!!
    2: MATCHINGKS on the cloth napkin AND the kitchen mat !!!

29. j.t.bulovas@gmail.com says:

Thank you all for the adorable comments about Ro Ro…..Ro Ro is a “HE” just a slight misprint. I laughed so hard at what was written and awweed over other comments. Thanks Kodalai for sharing the concept of covering the plate and Hyura for posting the other Ro Ro video. Once again all your comments put the biggest smile on my face just like my little bundle of “ROY” Rolls Royce….aka Ro Ro