In Case of Fire Use Stares

As if newborn wildlife didn’t have enough challenges, every spring brings new life and in some places it also brings wildfire season. Luckily, rescuers provided a safe haven for this rare pair!

We didn’t start the fire.

No we didn’t light it

But we tried to fight it.

We’re rekindling an old flame from the 2009 Jesusita fire near Santa Barbara, CA. The 3 week old bobcat kitten and 3 day old fawn were taken to a dispatch office by California animal rescuers who had nowhere else to keep them.

Comments

1. bob drummond says:

I am very glad someone is watching out for wildlife . God bless ‘em !!!!

2. This was always one of my favorites. Isn’t this kind of interspecies snorgling?

3. Catsquatch says:

Can I foster the bobcat PALEEEZE!!!! :D

4. Mary (the first) says:

Probably lots more casualties in the NM and Colo. fires :( Send love and hopes to all of them and the firefighters too.

5. bob drummond says:

You’re 3 years too late , Sorry Cat. !

6. mumofbubba says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you California animal lovers! Bless the animals and the firefighters and those in harm’s way from the fires.

7. bob drummond says:

………….. and lots of prayers too ! God help them all !!!! and alot of rain would help too.

8. We have rain right now here, if only I could send it to California!

9. Matchinks!

10. lds7yrs says:

Sending prayers and hope right now to all those threatened by wildfires…be they domesticated peeps, or not so much.

11. dem ears!
    ommnomnomnomnom

12. fleurdamour says:

And yea, the lion shall lie down with the Bambi.

13. For the first time in my 50 yrs. this last weekend I not only saw my first wild fawn but I saw TWO ! (at different times but same day) For a city gal this was a very special
    (& cute) day. After I stopped yelling BABY DEER BABY DEER BABY DEER !! at my hubby the first thing I said was SPROING ! ;oD

14. We joked that Billy Joel had to pay royalties to REM for that song…

15. I have been gutted thinking about both humans and animals living in daily terror as the fire rages in NM, CO. Difference is people can find and ask for help. Animals can’t. They can’t ask for help, water or shelter. Makes me SAAAAD. :((( I pray and hope animals there, like these sweet two did, find a safe sanctuary. Waaaaah.

16. On a lighter (pardon my frawnsch) note… Earworm!!

17. Actuallymit is colorado and new mexicomthat need the rain and they are aboutna month out from their normal summer shower season. So theynreally need some rain right now

18. dubyah1 says:

Thanks! My spirits were getting dampened.

19. bob drummond says:

… and let’s keep praying for rain to go to those two states pronto , Tonto !!!!!

20. If it makes you feel better, I lived in CO for a couple years, during which there were some pretty major fires. They did a lot to try and help out animals in need– and even if you had to evacuate before you could get your pets, you could call someone and they would actually try to come and get them to take them to safety. :)

21. Unibrow deer. Awesome!

22. Rachael says:

That one made me chortle!

23. There’s a Disney/Pixar movie in here somewhere.

24. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Am I the only one who really hopes the kitten is making biscuits in the fawn’s flanks in that first picture? ♥

25. sleekityin says:

How about “Bobcat and Bambi”? (Kittehs always have to get top billing.)

26. I’d love to see a “Where are they now?” segment. :)

27. Sooooooo cute!

28. bob drummond says:

I second that !!!

29. victoreia says:

Motion carried!

30. I also want to know :)

31. I wish I could send the rain we have been getting here on the West Coast of Canada to New Mexico and Colorado, U.S.A. :( You guys need it more than we do right now :( There are areas in Central and Northern British Columbia that are getting flooding :( Too bad, there is no way to send those flood waters to New Mexico and Colorado :(

32. I have no doubt CO animal lovers will do all they can. Just wish I could help too! xx