Deep Thoughts

Of all the friendships in this great wide world, there is no more heartwarming a sight than that of a boy and his dog girl and her alpaca.

Spotted in Peru by Alex Proimos.

Comments

1. SlaveToCat says:

“You are not going to make me haul lazy American tourists up to Machu Picchu!!” Are you!!???!!”

2. Want to hug the fluffy!!

3. went there last year, never saw so many llamas/pacas – made my little heart sing for sure.

4. Katrina says:

There is no truer sentiment, what a cute picture!

5. 260Oakley says:

Ms./Mr. Schnozz, South American version.

6. Of course, how could I not have known? I can be so dense sometimes. A girl and her alpaca, ADORABLE, naturally:)

7. Once A Fish says:

Any one else reminded of THIS???

8. YES omg – I sing this song whenever I see one, and NO ONE recognizes it! It drives me crazy :) thanks for posting this clip, I was sure I’d gone bonkers and made it up

9. What a great picture!!! Paca is so awesome.

10. You ever get the impression that if you said that they were related to camels that they’d get insulted? And the same with Camels? That if you said that they were related to these teeny (relative) creatures who got sheared liike sheep to make sweaters that they’d be mortified?

11. eh, aren’t all families alike?
    neither will claim each other as kin

12. Fird Birfle says:

I second these thoughts, tracylee!!! Esta muy bueno !!!

13. Fird Birfle says:

In re. the Sesame St. clip: LOOK BOSS THA TEEFIES !!!!!!

14. Fird Birfle says:

PS: Let’s not forget to give la jeune fille her props re. that Snazzy Chapeau
    (ie Hat) !!!!

15. Robin McKiernan Kiesel says:

Me too! I also like to sing “it’s a rainy day, it’s a rainy day…..”

16. Theresa says:

Showing his “noble, looking off into the distance” look.

17. Theresa says:

Fetching little underbite. :P

18. When I get to the Incas in my college-level world history course, I always show these pix stolen from the Interwebs http://www.flickr.com/photos/debgerish/sets/72157630112561626/. They never fail to get a laugh.

Loves me some camelids. And I’m dying to see Machu Picchu, but I don’t camp.

19. oh you don’t have to camp… there’s a train :)

20. Mary (the first) says:

OMG how cute was that! I’ve never seen it, not the right age for Sesame Street or something. Now I’ll have “me and my llama” going through my head all day. YAY!

21. I love how the young lady is tying up her alpaca in what looks to be a no parking zone–alpaca parking only!

22. Christine says:

lol!

23. lds7yrs says:

I agree!

24. I just got back from Peru last month, and saw this scene a hundred times! I’m willing to bet this picture is from Cusco :) Those alpacas sure are soft (and I don’t mean in the sweater form…)

25. Cria cria cria cria cria pet!

Actually, this one looks like an adult, not a bebbeh.

26. thelittlemyrmidon says:

Love the little girl’s costume (OK, she doesn’t think of it as a “costume” just everyday wear, but to us it looks like a costume.)