Skur! Ah Waja Ten Ma Fung Maba, Ah Wu Cwafng Peena.

This is why table manners are so important, Amy S.

Comments

1. Can I be the first??? SKUR!!!!

2. Only if I get to be second! SKUR!

3. This could have been taken in my backyard this morning.

4. Fird Birfle says:

He looks like he’s just been interrupted by Tha Cops and is pondering whether he can escape or not ….

5. Anyone else spend five minutes sounding out the caption, even after they’d read the translation? :-D

6. Marie-E says:

For a moment I wondered «…. where’s the mouth?!!!?”!&?!”»

7. Yep, guilty, only I don’t see a translation! Ack! What the heck is the little guy mumbling? ;)

8. Oceanview says:

Hint: The translation is in the hover text.

9. 6rabbits says:

Someone’s eyes are a leetle bit bigger…than her mouth!

10. 5 minutes, are you kidding, I never would’ve gotten it without the hovertext translation!

11. Mamabear says:

Is there anything finer than a chipmunk! It’s my husband’s nickname because when he’s deeeep asleep he bares his munk teef. (plus a little drool)

12. bob drummond says:

You all certainly said a mouthful !! Hyuk hyuk yuk !!!

13. I’m on an iPad, no hovertext!

Waah!

14. gmarie3 says:

Ahhhhh, thx.! =)

15. prinsas beans says:

as my ex- would say, “a rat with a better fur coat, and more discriminating tastes!”

16. Oceanview says:

Now, that’s just not right! (huffing on behalf of deprived iPadders).

17. The “table manners” tag line is the best. Plus, now I see a gap in the market: A book of proper etiquette for eating on the ground. Of course, the binding should be gnaw-worthy.

18. Mary (the first) says:

Me either!

19. um, bleen?

20. Lucky you :)

21. phred's mom says:

IPad here, also! Somebody just post the goldurned translation, pls!
    I can get only bits. ARRGGHHH!!

22. Yep! The only word I was sure of before I read the hovertext was “peanut”

23. Score! I was just telling my friend Mabel I was craving peanuts.
    You’re welcome. :)

24. Fird Birfle says:

*gasp* “HORRORS!!”

*clutches pearls in consternation*

25. *fans Fird with a lace-edged hankie* Do you need the smelling salts, Hon?

26. Theresa says:

:D

27. I now realize that CO is to blame for the fact that a mighty ‘munkers appeared in my dreams last night. Thanks, CO, for the anxiety I felt while my dream self attempted to keep my dream cats from catching the dream chipmunk. Thanks a lot.

28. thelittlemyrmidon says:

The text was written by the Front Desk personnel at the Bangkok Hilton. Ten Jew Berry Muds.

29. I’ve already said “SKUR!” five times today. . . My new favorite CO-spawned word!

30. mindadale says:

A story to appreciate all the little yard creatures we have:
    A friend of ours is visiting from Liberia and, upon hearing my BIL complain about a rabbit eating his plants, asks, “Who owns that rabbit?”
    Confused, BIL explained that no one owned it, it was just a wild rabbit (like the wild squirrels, chipmunks, and other critters running around).
    This astounded our friend because much of the wildlife population in Liberia was negatively affected by their long civil war. What animals do wander nearby humans are likely to be killed for food (and that’s ANY animal, he was once flabergasted at a dead deer that’d been hit by a car on the side of the road that was just left there. “That’s food!” he said.).
    They certainly don’t keep “pets” as they have a hard enough time feeding themselves and little leisure time to enjoy them, anyway. There are families who keep dogs, but those are primarily for protection, not companionship. He finds the fish, bird, and cat that live in my house pretty ridiculous, I think!
    I’m so glad to know my friend because it reminds me not only to be grateful for the food, clothing, and shelter that I have, but also for all of the QTE in my life! I know my world wouldn’t be as full without little varmits like this one. :)

31. mindadale says:

Eh, it was a long post, figured it’d be in the mod lounge. It’s a good one, though. Something to look forward to, people. ;)

32. Wow, that story deserves a “cute or sad” tag! Very moving, thank you for sharing.

33. Tigress says:

Giggle. I think I now know what Welsh chipmunks sound like. Or at least what they sound like in my mind.

34. Mabel probably replied, “Ehrmagehrd.”

35. Clutches Pearls In Consternation would be a great name for a rock band