Meanwhile, at the Emu Amateur Ballet Society’s Performance of Swan Lake

“I call dibs on that new choreographer. Isn’t he a dreamboat?!”

“Forget it, Masie. He’s a little light in the leotard, if you catch my drift.”

Rebecca J. says: “This photo caught my eye with all of the personality goin’ on in here!”
Photo Credit: Jessie Cohen – Smithsonian’s National Zoo. Date Apr. 24, 2008

Comments

1. would love to have a Degas with these ladies in it

2. A little light in the leotard :lol: never heard that one before.

3. ntmtom has a way with words, doesn’t he…

4. Fird Birfle says:

Bebbeh emu(s?) are more attractive than the adult ones !!!

Also: matchingks with the rug.

Also — this comes to mind:

5. kibblenibble says:

Somehow, I read it as, “a little tight in the leotard.” It created an interesting mind picture. :oops:

6. Cue piano music and yelling teacher:

7. drat it, embedding didn’t work: http://youtu.be/ojr5ZH-ROuw

8. That made me giggle like a school girl.

9. I particularly like the little head tilt on the one second from the left. :)

10. Ellen W. says:

She has such pretty eyelashes!

11. bwahahahhahah!!! lol. hee hee…thanks kibblenibble. :)

12. ceejoe- my favorite too!

13. Ok their prosh lil poses remind me of my ballet class when I was little…although I don’t think we were so dainty. …I do remember having to dance to the good ship lollipop *shudder*…and then I went into Indian classical dance. *lol*

14. Theresa says:

15. Light in the leotard…..does that mean an airhead or a homosexual?

16. or poorly endowed? o.o

17. Let’s see if I can get this to embed, if you know what I mean.

18. Theresa is my favorite embedder ever!!!!

19. The only problem I ever had with this, and believe me it is not such a problem, is that these ostrich are male…. by the coloring. Good on em, if they are light in the leotard!

20. Haha….hm : /

21. Theresa says:

I’m the MAD EMBEDDER. :evil:

22. lds7yrs says:

(pssst, Teheresa, you forgotst your maniacal laugh!)

*whispers loudly from behind the curtain*

23. I’m tryng to imagine his reaction to these little dancers. I think his brain would implode.

24. The Original Jane says:

But remember, in the bird world it’s the males who put on the performances to catch the females attention. So technically, disney got it right. :)

25. Theresa says:

26. Jessie’s photos are stunning. Every. Single. One. Sadly, she has since passed away, but she left us with SO MANY gorgeous photos. A beautiful legacy for sure.

27. bob drummond says:

I’m afraid 2 ask !!!!!

28. Or they’re the Trock equivalent in the ostrich ballet world….all good :)

29. Fird Birfle says:

Nice foundation color-choice there, in your makeup, Th :)

30. Hovertext – FTW! :-)

31. Lerrinus says:

:lol:

32. Mattachine says:

“Light in the leotard?” WTF???

That’s a cute picture ruined for me by a homophobic joke.

33. homophobic? we ain’t afraid of GLBT folks! in fact, we sort of fancy ‘em!

34. wannadance says:

me, too…..confused on mind image. a good reason to avoid him or a bad reason or…