Why I Oughta!

A wise guy, eh? Yer really gettin’ on my noives! What’s the big idea? That’s it! Stick ‘em up!

This little killdeer chick is one tough customer, Paula P.

Comments

1. Now that’s a chick with some serious attitude !!

2. He’s rechickulous.

3. Mary (the first) says:

Isn’t there a knobby knees category? If not, there should be, and this chick should be the first member!

4. Chick-zilla is alive and stalking the earth, creating chaos and havoc wherever it treads.

Be afraid, people. Be very afraid.

5. Susan L. says:

An adult Killdeer struck that pose as my horse was being led out to pasture. It was easy to imagine the wee bird saying to the horse “You try to go past me, you die.” I suspect a nest with young’uns was behind him. Now I’m picturing all the babies taking the same posture.

6. Indeed–I second the “knobby knees” category motion! What a funny little fellow this is.

7. I always wondered where the idea to name these cute little birds “killdeer” came from. Now I think I get it. Even though I still suspect “kill” is a bit of an overstatement, this lil fella sure wouldn’t hesitate to stand up to a deer stoopid enough to get on its noives.

8. Mod lounge – well guess I used a risky word or two in there, sowwy :(
    Anyway, my those strawberry smoothies look delish…

9. SlaveToCat says:

The new Chic Atlas ad on the back cover of the Audubon Magazine.

10. Oh I’m in Mod lounge for my mod lounge comment!! And just realised there’s a rogue “r” there in my name, so that might explain… Sure these strawberry smoothies don’t have anything stronger in them…?

11. Robin Kiesel says:

They are named kildeer because that is what it sounds like they are saying. There is a bird in the woods near to me that I call the cheeseburger bird, because it sounds like it is saying cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger :]

12. That would be the black-capped chickadee. And goldfinches say potato-chips-potato-chips!

13. No Fries, Chips. Cheezborger, Cheezborger! No Coke, Pepsi.

(if you don’t know the reference or either to young or didn’t watch Saturday Night Live back in the day)

14. skippymom says:

Yes, I was going to ask, does the black-capped chickadee hang out with another bird that says Pepsi Pepsi Pepsi?

15. I LOVE “Cheeseburger” birds ! If you mimic their call they’ll answer you !!

16. Bwahahahhaaha! I worked in a dinner house kitchen when that skit came out & every once in a while even though we didn’t serve cheeseburgers a waitress would call out Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger , Cheeseburger & someone else would call out NO FRIES ! & we would all crack up! Especially if it was during a big dinner rush & we were all supposed to be too busy to be playing around. Good Times !!!!

17. The Original Jane says:

His body needs to catch up with his head. Where is Charles Atlas?

Of course if it’s a girl a model scout will be signing her soon with those legs.

18. skippymom says:

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve read that chickadees are pretty easy to get to eat from your hand.
    Can you imagine if my cats were sitting there looking out and I was right there on the deck with a bird ON my HAND? I bet they would have conniption fits.

19. victoreia says:

WIN!!!

20. That’s the awesomest thing I’ve seen in a long time. You go little boyd!

21. skippymom says:

I wonder how this bird would do arm wrestling with an axolotl.

22. “I’m a chickenhawk and you’re a chicken.”

23. Go away kid. Ya botherin’ me.

24. bob drummond says:

I have pictures of chickadees eating out of my wife’s hand ! Now if only I could figure out how to show them over the computer !!!!

25. Looks a little bit like a Jenner mech, hm.

26. Rachael says:

I’m starting to think I’m really a black-capped chickadee. :)

27. Fird Birfle says:

I third it.

28. Fird Birfle says:

YA TOOK MY LINE !!!!! :)

“WHYIOUGHTTA…..”

(ps: utterly adorable x 19,000)

29. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Nikki & YAY Mel Blanc !!!!

30. Fird Birfle says:

it sounds like an EXcellent matchup.

31. Those aren’t its knees; those are its ankles. Birds walk on their toes.

32. There aren’t enough words in our language to describe the cute in that picture; adorable, cute, sweet, yummy, scrumptious… Its chicklicious!

33. sleekityin says:

Dirty Harry’s got nothing on this little chickster.

34. bob drummond says:

Are U feelin’ lucky ,Punk ?