Sit on ‘em Long Enough Maybe They Will Hatch

This BBC Planet Earth film crew says the meercats are really thinking, “A tall cameraman makes a perfect vantage point to scan for predators.” Ah, that makes much more sense!

Fave frame:

John J. tells us his favorite frame is at 1:31

Comments

1. That is way too cute!! He’s so lucky! And yes, also lucky that no elephants ever sat on his head…

2. So very cute and funny and sweet! Glad too that he never had an elephant or gorilla sit on his head!..

But 1:13… ewwww! Poor lizard.

3. Hhaha! Just read the title line: “Sit on ‘em Long Enough Maybe They Will Hatch”.. Hatch what? Oooh don’t wanna know come to think about it!… (o;

4. 1:04: Tocks mention!

5. Aww I want a pet meercat…waaaaiiit…is that one eating a lizard?! Eww…never mind.

6. Les Smith says:

…and it comes with a bonus: Narration by a Hamster.

7. [cue Elton John] it’s the Circle of Liiiiiffffeee….

8. ashagato says:

love the meerkats, love the guy….

9. I’d like to nominate this for the Cute Men of C.O. calendar. Mr. February, I think.

10. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

My hair is a meerkat; your argument is irrelevant.

11. Can he pet the meerkats? Cuz if so…best job EVER. I want a meerkat hat. My bunny NEVER sits on my head.

12. PS Can you do a frame where it shows guy with meerkat on his head? Somewheres around 1:28?

13. So….many….FaveFrames ™…..

14. Wow, too cute and great work by these guys. How much fun was that for them (man and animal?) !

15. “…is finding shade in the shadow of our director’s buttocks.” *pause* “There’s some substantial shade there.”

*snerk*

16. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

“Does this meerkat make my butt look fat?”

17. That meerkat has good balance being able to stand up on to legs on someones head.

18. most excellent, NOMTOM! And I want that guy’s job!

19. I love his comment at the end to the meerkat: “Hey, would you sit still please?” I guess it is difficult to shoot good photos with a meerkat on your head!

20. Rachael says:

WIN!!!

I just checked and there is no meerkat on my head. Bummer.

21. WendyLady says:

I second that. And maybe the rest of entire crew along with him. :D

22. Even the one whose buttocks create some substantial shade?

23. Him especially! I just love meerkats. And these cameramen, too.

24. I landed in the mod lounge for laughing? What’s to eat and drink?

25. Agent99 says:

Awesome interaction with nature! Great clip, great group of camera men.

26. Saffron says:

So I tried putting one of my tabbehs on my head but it did not work out so well.

Ow.

27. Theresa says:

HAW

28. Saffron says:

It is Summer here, so how about a tall glass of iced tea with a sprig of mint, accompanied by a turkey burger hot off of the grill. Condiments optional. :D

29. Theresa says:

Try it while you brush your teeth!

30. CathyDee says:

Third!

31. who is a hamster?

32. Cameraman man is hot.

33. I’m obviously working with the wrong camera crews. We don’t get cute little meercats running around us. I just get crazy reporters. Going to sit in a corner and pout now :-( We do get Storm the weather dog, but I still want a meercat.

34. You noticed that too did ya? ;-)

35. Mine either, Rachael. Life is just so unfair…

36. warrior rabbit says:

Mine sits on my larynx sometimes when I’m trying to go to sleep, and she thinks she hasn’t been snorgled enough that day.

37. hksginger says:

LOLz, very good! Altho’ poss only a joke Brits may get??

38. warrior rabbit says:

I loved the sunset profile…

39. Melissa says:

Yuck, yeah I was thinking the same, had to look away

40. Forth!

41. :lol: “Swift (the Meerkat) is finding shade in the shadow of our director’s buttocks.” *pause* “There’s some substantial shade there.” :lol: I was :lol: until tears were coming out of my eyes :lol:

42. :lol: I believe so, Cathy S :lol:

43. Mary (the first) says:

I believe they also have some camerawomen..

44. Mary (the first) says:

I used to watch ‘Meerkat Manor” all the time but never got a really good perspective on how tiny these guys are.. they always looked pretty substantial next to the stuff around them. Now I think they’re even more adorabuhls!!

45. Ooh! Yummy!

46. akajill says:

No, I get it and I am American!
    @Sharpy the narrator is Richard Hammond, one of the hosts of Top Gear, who is sometimes known as “Hamster”

47. Hee! I snerked too. lol!!!

48. I love that it almost seemed like the Meerkat understood.

49. It’s unanimous! I love his accent too. *swooooon*

50. Theresa says:

Your MEERKAT? 8O

51. Theresa says:

Look around your ‘tocks region. :P

52. Les Smith says:

I’m just a Canadian who likes cars.
    And meercats.

53. Theresa says:

Condiments all here. Mustard, ketchup, relish, chutney, ranch dressing, jalapeno . . .

54. Theresa says:

*chanting* Show us Storm! Show us Storm!

55. Fird Birfle says:

*pulls out the Crayolas and the Sharpies and the construction paper to
    make signs for the demonstrayshon in the park*

56. Fird Birfle says:

oooooo Theresa …. I need somehow to convince mi Madre to make up the curry that she occasionally used to put together, and bring it to the Moderayshun Lounge. It’s so amazingly good, you’ll be slapping your best friend.

And she had this adorable set of small dishes that all matched, for the additional items (oh man PINE NUTS) ; and you’d BETTER put the one with the chutney RIGHT beside her setting, at the table :) hoo BABY now THAT’s some food !!!

57. Saffron says:

:D

58. Firdie…by your description there, I’d live in mods. Mmmmmmm.

59. Much better than Clarkson narrating he would just want them to run fast yelling POWER!!!

60. oh yeah! thank you and here is my laugh: LOL!

61. Somebody needs to review The Prime Directive again. Being a vantage point for one tribe but not another will definitely impact their development.

Lor I’m a nerd.

62. ah Sharpy – here in the UK the presenter you hear on this video is called the Hamster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hammond )

he is also quite a small in size guy

63. I know! It took me awhile to realize the cameras that were capturing those little warriors were on the ground! They were pretty fierce weren’t they? Always battling the tribe next door.

64. He’s got his own promotional video now called Skytracker Storm Watch (Skytracker is his Daddy’s weather station), it’s on his Facebook page a little ways down, along with some new cute photos:

65. Theresa says:

We know how to treat our pottymouths. :D Inadvertant, of course.

66. Theresa says:

Oh my stinkin’ gosh!!!

67. Theresa says:

They are like extra-skinny Davy Crockett hats.

68. So, in addition to all the phenomenal work they do, my friendly neighbourhood (sorta) children’s hospital has a meerkat enclosure in their new building. Yes, really :D

69. bookmonstercats says:

Just called by to measure the oestrogen count……

Mine went up, I can tell ya.

70. bookmonstercats says:

Only if they’re substantial.

*snerk*

71. a-HA! and since a hamster lives on wheels, the name is even more fitting!

72. My FaveFrame was definitely around :30 when the two little ones are standing next to an adult and the one swipes at the other. Sneaky baby meerkat. =)

73. 6rabbits says:

“Cheeky, inquisitive, highly active … meerkats are incredibly popular with both children and adults.” The word “cheeky” is my favorite British word! :-)

74. victoreia says:

Can I have him?

75. Fird Birfle says:

Craig Ferguson’s “Cheeky Monkey(s)”:

76. victoreia says:

*snicker*

77. victoreia says:

*giggle* It’s that Balance of Power thingy…..

78. SoCratesX53 says:

Don’t look now Kar, your inner trekie is showing…LOL

79. Ruffian9 says:

Oh my god that made me laugh! Love the acctent, and the word buttocks.

80. Ruffian9 says:

‘accent’

81. I so want a career of following meerkats (and other animals) around..

82. what a wonderful idea, I like the website, very respectful and shows the meercats are well taken care of in their natural habitat