I Said Good Day, Madam!

… and remember, I want to see your room cleaned, your homework done, your fur combed, and your tooth brushed, or it’s no Xbox for you tonight, young man!

(Oh, how she vexes me! Commanding me day and night, leaving nary a moment to contemplate life’s mysteries! Shall I endure my servitude in silence — a menial, mute to injustice? Never, say I! This ignominy shall not stand! With unyielding resolve, I shall rebuke my tormentor with the full force of my crushing intellect…)

OH YEAH?! YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!

Wanna see more of this cutie? West Chester Dumonts delivers!

Comments

1. The Original Jane says:

GREAT series of pics and captions! Too funny! :)

2. 260Oakley says:

Yakety Yak
    (Don’t talk Bactrian)

3. Mary (the first) says:

Are those his/her knees?? I’m confused…. maybe just dazzled by the cuteness!

4. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Yep, those are knees. Camels like to sit that way. (it’s entertaining to watch them stand back up, too.)

5. Parents just don’t understand.

6. Theresa says:

Oh my Gosh! Reminds me of my all-time favorite Calvin & Hobbes!
    Calvin’s Mom: Whither goest thou, young rogue? Can there yet remain
    some villainy thou has not committed?
    Calvin: Thou dost wrong me! Faith, I know not where I wander. Methinks
    the most capricious zephyr hath more design than I. But lo: Do not
    delay me, for I am resolved to quit this place.
    Calvin’s Mom: Ay, but hear you this: I’ll soon know thy business. Get
    thee gone, wastrel!
    Calvin: By my troth, I am off!
    [Scene changes to living room, Calvin and his Mom are in front of TV]
    Calvin, disgusted: Holy schlamoly! Isn’t there a cop show on where
    they talk like real people?

7. Theresa says:

Yakety Yaktrian, don’t talk Bactrian!

8. Theresa says:

9. Ha!

10. Love this!

11. Fird Birfle says:

“Word, to your mother.”

Signed,
    Fresh Prince
    aka
    W. Smith

12. Fird Birfle says:

WANT a fuzzeh bebbeh camel !!!

13. Fird Birfle says:

ALSO Mom’s facial profile is sure FOINE, and she’s REALLY workin’ those bangs!!!

14. Bebeh camel tongue! Much preferred over bebeh camel toe.

15. Robin McKiernan Kiesel says:

Double Ha!

16. Robin McKiernan Kiesel says:

INDEED!

17. patchesmom says:

The mittens! The mittens! So daintily posed in front of the baby camel.

18. Michael says:

I had the same problem — where are the hooves? I had to study the additional photos (which show the baby standing up) and note which parts of his forelegs are which color, before I could believe those were his knees. He folds his lower legs under him so effectively that they disappear!

19. Wordgirl says:

Love the knees but the tongue is beyond priceless. Can you imagine kissing that furry little muzzle?

20. Rachael says:

“How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child.” I guess a mom’s a mom where e’er you go. :)

Brush your tooth. :) :) :) :)

21. bookmonstercats says:

Goodness me, which one to choose? *head swivelling*

*decides on both, ‘cos is greedy*

22. Mamabear says:

You’re a genius!

23. bookmonstercats says:

Not as entertaining as it is to be on the back of a big one when it’s standing up and then kneeling down, Mike. Have done it. Terrifying.

It must have been the only time a group of Muslim men watched a western woman astride and with her skirts caught up around her bottom, clinging onto a camel’s harness for dear life, and laughed their heads off!

24. WendyLady says:

Soft baby, warm baby, little ball of fur……… sigh, snuggles in for a nice nap.

25. phred's mom says:

It’s happened before. Trust me. ( nine trips to No. Africa and
    Egypt) Not to me, though. I draw the line at donkeys. I have been
    snorgled by a wild baby camel in Jordan, though. Lovely sweet baby,
    and mom was cool with it, but watchful. Wonderful.

26. Fird Birfle says:

Guess the song works in camel version as well as kitty version!!

27. Fird Birfle says:

D’awwwwwwww that sounds AWESOMELY wonderful.

*sigh*

28. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa — WOT THA

do you have EVER FILM CLIP, EVAHR MADE, in your personal archive???????

29. JenDeyan says:

Why do I think of Stewie when I read those captions?

30. Theresa says:

Yes. :mrgreen:

31. Theresa says:

Indupitably.

32. skippymom says:

I know those are knees, but I choose to disregard that knowledge and see them as big furry paws.

33. bookmonstercats says:

This mummy camel (but she was a BIG mummy camel) had a baby with her as well, phred’s mom. OMG!!BABYCAMELEYELASHES!!11111!!!!!!

I wouldn’t have minded, but I was one of the few women on the trip who’d shown some respect in a Muslim country by wearing a long dress and keeping my head and shoulders covered (cooler that way too, I found) :)

34. Brush your tooth! Muahahahahaaa… -is dead from laughing-

35. bob drummond says:

Yes she does – and it’s called U-TUBE !

36. dear lor, didn’t need that visual.

37. phred's mom says:

sometimes you can’t win for trying. you had excellent
    intentions, wearing the skirt. some women travelers
    dress as if they are at the beach in some Muslim
    countries and then complain when they are hassled
    by the locals. they are dimwits. When in Rome,
    or Rabat, for that matter.

38. my summer vacation, by sharpy.

when in morocco, i relied on one old tradition and learned a new one. if men have been riding camels for centuries, i would survive the ride… so i just hung on and loved it. the more contemporary tradition was exactly the one you described (and probably the one that keeps camel riding as popular as dolphin swimming)–groups of muslim men watching western women astride camels. it will probably last forever. i also observed the long pants/skirts/sleeves tradition and noticed on my second trip that women who wore short skirts and tank tops barely raised an eyebrow. i think things have changed. oh yeah and riding a camel is very, very uncomfortable. i wouldn’t want to do it for any length of time.