Veterans and Servicemen and Women, We Salute You!

On behalf of grateful humans everywhere, thank you. [Holding salute]

418998306_42f58888bd_o_2
Hoonah Starfish by Marlboro!. Bowing by tanakawho. Salute by galchebor. Official Penguin Salute? by kevbo1983. salute! by pico*.I Salute You, by magannie.Tai Shan Stands at Attention and Salutes our Veterans !, by tai.shar. Sleeping and Saluting, by pyza*.

Comments

1. Rachael says:

I find this very touching. A huge thanks to all our courageous men and women who have made our freedom possible… and a special thanks to their families for their sacrifices.

Having said that, Mr. Hammy McHammerson has captured my eye – and my heart.

2. robinreads says:

Wonderful hovertext is wonderful.

3. My Veteran hubby said “it’s General Patham” !
    This is a big step folks , it’s his first C.O. pun !

4. Malinki says:

You’re all quite welcome, proud to have served :)

5. Air Force jet fly over salute – Ssssswooosssshhhh

6. Leilani says:

Indeed, a very heartfelt THANK YOU to those who gave all. And thank YOU, Meg, for this awwwwesome salute to our military! As the daughter, daughter-in-law, and niece of deceased veterans, as the wife of an Army veteran, and as the mother and aunt of two active duty servicemen, I have a very soft spot in my heart for our military. God bless them all, past and present!

7. I second that from Canada, Rachael.

I just LOVE the one with the kitty :D

8. What a wonderful post! Thank you, veterans and servicemen and women!

Also: does anyone know what kind of whales/dolphins/porpoises are in the fourth picture down? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any kind of marine mammal that color before! Thanks for the help!

9. I’ll have to show this to my own sailor, Mr. tracylee :)

10. With many heart-felt thanks and prayers for all who have served, now and in the past, here and no longer here: God bless you, every one……..!!!

11. thank you for the families too. As a former army dependent, believe me, the entire family enlists.

Big salute to our service ment and women.

12. They look a bit like pilot whales, but I could be wrong.

13. bob drummond says:

The only problem with a fly over is that all the animals run for cover-mostly ! Star fish don’t run from anything !

14. bob drummond says:

I think you’re right ! Pilot Whales – how appropriate !

15. Leilani says:

Hear, hear!

16. wannadance says:

thank you, megs. i am basically a pacifist but when i see this thread i weep when i realize it has to be done and it is often us who must do it.
    my pacificism is a hope for the futture. i chose this aristotle for my painting of 911: ‘hope is a waking dream.’ i almost got to go to afganistan to set up a program to team to teach teens bedsiide medical care but my health and need for meds prevented it. sigh

17. Fird Birfle says:

however, cool for your art, and for your efforts and intentions, wannadance :)

*salutes wannadance*

18. victoreia says:

Yup, they flew over my apartment building yesterday morning at about 9:30. (I live just below the National Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.)

And, no, my fur-kids didn’t come out from under the bed for at lease an hour…..