You Really Otter Learn to Swim

Geeshe, Mom, OK already! This big time coer-shons was sent in by Beth R.

1. dubyah1 says:

Which, apparently, is how my big brothers taught me, too, and I swim like an otter!

2. she swims over them, dunks them underwater, pulls them back in when they try to escape- mom seems to think fear for one’s life is an essential pedagogical tool.

3. Rachael says:

That’s some kinda tough love goin’ on there. “Yes, you will learn to swim and you will like it, you ungrateful little brat!” :)

4. Is that Emmit Otter music?

5. Beth (in NC) says:

Hehe, I’m kinda ridiculously happy right now. My submeeshons was picked by Meg!! After I’d been lurking around CO for five years or so. Ok I am done totally geeking out.

The little one didn’t like this much at first, but I was pretty amazed at the whole process. Animal behavior is so neat. :-D

6. kodalai says:

Otter moms carry their kids around like cat moms!

7. otters remind me a lot of felines!

8. 6rabbits says:

Otterlet REALLY does not want to be in that pool!! I love @ :26 where determined mom is dragging desperately…ehn… struggling…ehn… bebeh back into the water by a foot! :-) Hope mom’s saving up for the future therapy!

9. Baby: But Maaaaaa, I don’t WAAAANNNTTTT to get wet!!

Mom: Get in that water, you rotten kid!! What are you, part cat or something?

10. Baby: I don’t know Ma, I never met daddy did I?

11. bob drummond says:

: – O !

12. January says:

Now that was a terrific video. Laughed out loud!

13. mplsdeb says:

14. gwennaelle says:

That’s basically how I learned to swim, too. I don’t think I got a nap after though. Maybe an Oreo or two.

15. Sasha's Mum says:

Well, it IS a great video … but then again, I thought so too back in 2010 when I submitted it. :-D

(Not to rain on your getting-your-submish-posted parade, Beth. And I never tire of seeing otters of either river or sea variety — if I had my way we’d have daily otters.)

16. Jimbeaux says:

I wanna take a post-swim nap with the li’l guys!

(And props to mom, for doin’ what she otter!) :)