Simon’s Cat is Tongue Tied

Watch Simon’s cat curiosities get the best of him. Again!

For all Simon’s Cat episodes, head on over to Rib. it.

1. Theresa says:

Hey, some people do that on purpose.

2. Haha, reminds me of the times my cats found my red slider turtle and had a paw raised ready to touch it for about 20 minutes. Never did work up the nerves…

3. Theresa says:

Oh gosh, that always cracks me up: Cat vs. Something Potentially Slimy. I have a friend who has four cats and a (BIG) turtle, and sometimes they all gather around him and all do exactly that. :lol:

4. Fird Birfle says:

I’d like a photo of that encounter :)

5. Theresa says:

Firdie, it is so funny! They all have this look on their face like “OMG, I know it’s going to be all cold and slimy, but I must!!!!”

6. Fird Birfle says:

oooooo Theresa, NOW I know of what, else, that description reminds me —
    remember when there was a storyline and a photo here on CO (I cannot presently recall the entire setup) maybe of three cows, a fence and a dog or something.
    The byline indicated that (the dog) looked like an odd breed of cow or something….??? All the cows were analysing the situation?

7. Theresa says:
  8. Fird Birfle says:

That’s EXACTLY the one (or the two) that I had in mind!!!

9. kibblenibble says:

Notice how the frog’s expression changes from somewhat neutral to irritated after the cat taps him, with the mere addtion of two tiny eyebrows. I’m a fan because of subtlties like this. The characters have so much personality with basically no dialogue and a few simple lines. :-)

10. kibblenibble says:

“Lines” meaning the kind you draw with, not the kind that a character speaks, of course. :oops:

11. Hope that wasn’t a psychoactive toad!

12. Marci B says:

these are the best!!!!

13. Chris B. says:

Love It. Love It. Love It. Simon’s Cat is always funny.

14. :lol: Same here, Chris B. :lol:

15. Theresa says:

PS, Guys, I’m pretty sure that’s a toad. :D

16. kallisto73 says:

But toads are psychoactive, aren’t they? :)

17. Fird Birfle says:

There is/ are a particular breed/ type that can be poisonous.

I’m not sure of which one and I’m reading CO while playing “hooky” from cleaning my apt today so I cannot take the time to do research that I often would do here ….

but not all are toxic.

18. Theresa says:

See under “Cult Films”: “Cane Toads” 8O

When I first heard this (years ago), I was all “Wait, they do what?!! With what??!!

19. Shannon says:

:42 – smack

20. Would have been even funnier if the cat started seeing funny things after licking the toad

21. Way back when, I had a kitten – and twice he came in foaming at the mouth and spitting, after having a run-in with a toad :O Looked alarming, but no real harm done.

22. My kitty had this exact encounter with a toad. His reaction upon catching and tasting it were the same as Simon’s cat, without the jumping up and down.