The C.O. Guide to Home Renovation

When updating your wallpaper, it’s very important to remove old wallpaper completely. The best method, surprisingly, is a solution of hot water and fabric softener. The worst method, not surprisingly, is to leave your dog home for the weekend with Original Works for Theremin playing on an endless loop.

More Rule 32 action from Mary L.

Comments

1. omg. *shaking head* I know its wrong to laugh…but I am so in a fit of giggles over here.

2. Theresa says:

Oscar Wilde Dog says “My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death, and I am going to shred the crap out of it.”

3. Marci B says:

Oh man, and does not the bit remorseful!! I hope the dog helped with the clean up.

4. My first reaction was a loud [gasp!]

Let’s hope they really didn’t like that wallpaper anyway…

5. Marianne says:

That’ll teach ‘em not to leave me home alone with no one to talk to or play with!! Serves ‘em right!

6. ROFL, I gasped too… that poor puppy must have been soooo bored!!!

7. 260Oakley says:

Law enforcement follows paper trail to find criminal. Defendant claims he was plastered.

8. kiragirl says:

serves ya right! ha!

9. Theresa says:

That’ll teach them to put up such lame wallpaper.
    Signed
    Arbiter Elegantiarum

10. NurseNoir says:

*calling Ca-nineOneOne*

11. Thank You for the theremin link nomtom ! I can’t wait to order it & try to play along with it ! Yes Both my hubby & I do have theremins.

12. 8O

13. Note to self – the things don’t matter, the living things do.

14. bookmonstercats says:

*Clap clap*

15. And that goes for both Mudbug and hubby AND what that doggie did.

16. bookmonstercats says:

I’m sure doggy’s owner said that as well, jj ;)

17. bookmonstercats says:

With all due respect to Mudbug and Mr Mudbug, I have just listened to a sample of the seminal work involved, and can report back that I have just shredded the wallpaper in my employer’s office.

18. Madame X says:

19. Ayeesha says:

In all fairness, the wallpaper does suck. He was only trying to help!

20. You can say that again.

21. Theremins are waaaay too much fun ! we once saw a show on the documentary channel & just had to get one for each of us ! If you listen to the original Star Trek theme has a theremin also on the Beach Boys song Good Vibrations you’ll hear one
    Star trek : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHhePr0TKfc
    Good Vibrations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

22. rescue gal says:

Wallpaper is so last year. Doggie decorator is only trying to keep you in fashion.

23. After watching “Sheldon’s Theremin” Madam X posted I can’t say I blame you BMC! It make me wish I had wall paper in my house !

24. You should never listen to the spiders. They’ve been known to lie.

BTW, my first reaction was “gasp!” The second? “Thank Gawd the wall paper’s on the floor and he didnt’ eat it.”

25. Theresa says:

Play us out, Theremin Cat!

26. Robin Kiesel says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

27. BWAHAHA!

28. I love that the first reaction wasn’t to freak out, but instead was to grab a camera!! LOL.

29. If I were locked in a house with “Original Works for Theremin” playing, I can’t guarantee there would be a house left standing once the weekend was over. (full body shudder) I think the pup showed amazing restraint.

30. Every now and then I think it would be nice to have a dog. Usually it’s when I see a picture of a Corgi. Then I see a picture like this and think AW $@&#* NO!!! (This really puts the occasional gory ‘gift’ from the cats into perspective.)

31. victoreia says:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!1!!

(While it wasn’t wallpaper, a similar sight has greeted me with my two feline overlords looking just as innocent…..)

32. lds7yrs says:

My thoughts exactly, ceejoe. Plus, that they hadn’t just spent the better part of a precious weekend recently hanging it.

33. SlaveToCat says:

Send in Maru to clean up the mess and give tips on re-decoration!!!

34. skippymom says:

GET OUT!!! You’re honestly telling us you are a two-theremin family?! That’s the most outrageous thing I have ever heard in my whole entire life.

35. weasel wardancer says:

If it really is new wallpaper, gotta wonder what’s in the glue!

36. Fird Birfle says:

oooooooo SUCH a good idea!!!

37. Fird Birfle says:

To BMC : :)

38. Fird Birfle says:

That innocent facial expreshe is how they conned all of us, v ;)

39. victoreia says:

And don’t I know it! :P

40. rooanne says:

Um, I maybe should be reluctant to show my ignorance, but I never heard of a theramin before. Obviously some kind of noise making thingy (I know I should Google it….) Once more I learned something new on CO.

I hope they went easy on the pup.

41. doomchild says:

“The spiders in my head”?
    I think I’ll just throw up my breakfast now, thank you.
    *shudder*

42. MochaTime says:

The dog should hire a good lawyer

43. Original works for theramin really does exist.
    And I thought I had seen (heard) it all.
    Apparently not.
    I am surprised the dog did not also eat the floor. (Which has been known to happen. “Mmmm…linoleum.”)

44. bookmonstercats says:

Just admit guilt, is my advice and plead the theremin in mitigation. Clarence Darrow couldn’t get this guy off. Look closely, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the smoking gun (I mean wallpaper) is still in his hand (I mean paw).

Signed a (not very) good lawyer.

45. Rachael says:

There’s not a jury in the world that would convict this guy. I mean, just look at that face. It absolutely shouts “Innocent!!”

46. Fird Birfle says:

rooanne:

Here is a page of info about Leon Theramin and his electronic/ music thinggy:

47. Fird Birfle says:

(blushing)
    oops I didn’t do a spellcheck on my typing. TherEmin!!

48. redvelvetrose says:

Yay Oscar Wilde Dog! Seems he made out a bit better than the real Oscar Wilde with the wallpaper.

49. kiragirl says:

hehe, right now? saliva

50. warrior rabbit says:

Theremin. Theraflu.

51. fleurdamour says:

That is a Wilde dog, all right.

52. Fird Birfle says:

Haaa —

HAAAAA—–

CHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

53. sleekityin says:

Shabby chic or shaggy chic?

54. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

LOL! I also made a mental literary reference, but I was thinking, “That’s not yellow wallpaper.”

55. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

And yet, somehow completely believable on this of all sites. :)

56. Fird Birfle says:

oooooooooo now THAT is MUY, MUY excellente !!!!!

57. First thing I thought: He must have been so bored!

Second thing I thought: He’s got better taste than his people.

58. I wish you could like comments on C.O.

59. we tried it. too much of a popularity contest, i guess. you can like us all you want on our Facebook page! ;)

60. Fird Birfle says:

dog eats linoleum.

YUP.

Dachshund @ Virginia, approx 1974.
    Y’all aren’t gonna b’lieve this, but the family for whom I housesat/ dogsat
    named this gal (burp) “Darling” (gag).

Predictably, she was (ahem) emphatically NOT a Darling. I am convinced that there do exist pleasant, charming Dachshunds; you don’t even need to write me to convince me of that. But THIS Dogue was a Spoilt, Annoying, Pesky Dogue.

Who chewed up all the New Linoleum that the Gigante family had just paid to lay down in their kitchen, when they left “Darling” alone for the night.

After which event, I was paid handsomely to keep “Darling” company and prevent further linoleum mayhem at the Gigantes’ home (which was fortunately exactly next to our own home).

The (ahem) End.

61. sleekityin says:

62. D. O'Dell says:

You left the dog home alone for an ENTIRE WEEKEND?? You deserve it! Somebody should report you for animal neglect!

63. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Sorry if I misled you. To clarify, I don’t know if the dog was left for the weekend. At Cute Overload, people send us pictures and we make up stories about them. We don’t always get the “real” story behind the pictures, such as with this one.

64. I don’t like that wallpaper either.

65. Valerie says:

Obviously they didnt check w him on the pattern. :) I would turn around and walk back out. AHHHHHHH