Puppy Tales – Marple

Once upon a time there was a very nice puppy named Marple.

As you can see, Marple was attractive, photogenic and had a great disposition. The problem was that Marple had a metal growth on her head.

There were times that Marple wished the metal thingy wasn’t there because it made it very difficult to go underneath couches, beds, doors and the like. Those are some of the very best places on earth to a puppy. Marple never complained, though. She was a very good dog and did her best to enjoy every minute of her life.

Perhaps it was Marple’s good nature, in spite of her adversity, that caught the attention of The Cute Overload Fairy. The Cute Overload Fairy snuck up behind Marple and waved her cute and sparkly wand and just like that, the metal thingy was gone!

Marple looked around. How did this happen? She didn’t know, but being a polite pup, Marple pointed her snout in the air and said, “Thank you very much!” She felt a faint *boop* on her nose and a quiet, “You’re welcome.”

Marple was so excited, she immediately ran around testing all of the things she could get under.

Marple, Paul, Charlotte and Nat S. lived happily ever after. The End.

Comments

1. Yay for Marple and the CO fairy! I too shall gently boop your nose, and then I shall give you a zerbert on your adorable tum.

2. Theresa says:

There is a definite resemblance between Marple and Wishbone. Literary dogs look alike??

3. Marci B says:

That is baby Petey from the Little Rascals!!! OMG too damn cute!!!

4. pic 2 – Tongue!! [pphhbbbtt!]

5. ummm… make that pic 3 [blushing]

6. He has little chubby puppy toes!

7. What? The mod lounge? Better persons than I have lounged here, I guess. sigh.

8. No worries, ceejoe – it’s hard to count when you’re faced with such cuteness. Me, I’m reduced to “Oh, lookit, lookit, lookit, lookit, lookit!” And so on.

9. Theresa says:

10. Theresa says:

Have you ever had serrano ham? It’s delicious, have some!

11. I will never look at Marple & brown sugar flavored oatmeal the same way again !

12. I thought the exact same thing!

13. Just look at those saggy little belly wrinkles! So adorable! Cute cute cute.

14. pupfanatic says:

What is it about the “one paw slightly raised” situation (pic 2) that slays my very soul?

15. pupfanatic says:

What IS is about the “slightly raised paw” (pic 2) that slays me to no end? Sigh.

16. Loud chortle, then even louder “awwwww, that so cute!!!”

17. Marple should have gray hair and sensible shoes and be running around sleuthing something. Shouldn’t she?

18. She has the most deeelicious EAR FLAPS
    omnomnomnom

19. leetle pink tongue, leetle pink tongue!

(sung to the tune of “little pink sock”)

20. Serrano Ham? Well no, I haven’t… let’s just try a little piece….. I….. oh my goodness!

21. Oh, yes! That tiny tongue had me at ” :p “! What a FREAKING adorable pup! Lovely post and hovertext, Crazy Pants!!

22. And did you know that Pete was a American Staffordshire Terrier or “Pitbull”.
    Doesn’t that prove it’s not the breed but how you raise them!!

23. I think you mean Maple & brown sugar. They don’t put pieces of Miss Marple in the oatmeal where you live do they? 8O

24. I want to gently pinch that little bit of tongue in the third photo!!!

25. lds7yrs says:

And knitting, I seem to remember knitting in there somewhere…

26. Theresa says:

How do you become a CO Fairy? What’s the career path? What are the educational requirements?

27. skippymom says:

Theresa, I have a feeling that whatever the educational requirements may be, you’ve most likely already met them.

28. fleurdamour says:

Miss Marple, Pet Detective

29. Theresa says:

Is there an internship???

30. Fird Birfle says:

and four adorable cankles!! Don’ fergit them cankles!!!

31. RCA is suing for copywright infringement.

32. Theresa says:

Somebody, write me a letter of recommendation?!

33. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa, I’ve located an internship with the Click & Clack Bros. Fairy Co.
    You can turn in your application paperwork, to the receptionist below:

34. Fird Birfle says:

PS: THAT THERE lil’ dawg, izz wun FINE-lookin’ dawg !!!

35. Theresa says:

8O

36. dubyah1 says:
  37. LunaChickFringe says:

Leg chub. That is all. (asplodes)

38. Fird Birfle says:

Oh, poor Theresa. I didn’t intend to scar you for life, simply to amuse you.

Here are two actual links about becoming a fairy. No kidding; they were
    truly “out there” on the ‘Net. no jokes in these.

39. dubyah1 says:

Wups! Actually, Victor-y is hovertext.

40. ashagato says:

i cracked up so hard at this, CP! thanks for the belleh laugh :)
    and what a cutie-patootie!

41. ummmm @tracylee…no toe beans??? Seriously ;)

42. I too loved pic #3. I want her! *grabby hands and runs*

43. Ripleybird says:

Oh my! It IS possible for my head to explode from cuteness.

44. oh nooooes does that mean she won’t come solve the crime of who ate the meatball at my house?? Mudbug did you do the crime?

45. Btw CP…such a win with the bedtime story. I love happy ending bedtime stories.

46. Love the RCA pup, Nipper!

47. tracylee says:

I just can’t win, huh? First it was I’m nomming the toes and I get “what, no ears?” and now I go for the ears and you tell me about the toe beans… So difficult, Emmylee, really!
    *harrumph!*

Maybe I should nom on the whole puppeh next time, not leave any for anyone else?

48. *hee* :) I was just tryin’ ta halp *whine*…and i mean go for it…as long as I get a nubbin of an earsie :D

49. pupfanatic says:

YES!! I used to LOOOOVE Wishbone! And I mean, as an adult, I would watch it. Wonder if Marple likes Alexandre Dumas..hmmmm…

50. I’ll admit to the crime if I can be under house arrest in the Mod lounge ! ;oD

51. No Gigi not miss Marple but if you put a little oatmeal on that cute pup I would just eat that little cutie pie up ! NOM NOM !!!

52. Deb Clevenger says:

no thats not a puuper he’s full grown …but still cute!

53. fish eye no miko says:

The picture has some sweet paw-up action! (-:

54. Theresa says:

“Little chubby puppy toes,
    Do not stuff them up your nose.”

55. Theresa says:

I’m in the lounge, too, after I said the baby-doglet word. Really, how else are we to talk about baby-doglets?
    Pass the Serrano ham, please!

56. theoriginalmel says:

LEEEEGGGGG CHUUUUUUBBBBB. LEG CHUB!

P.s. Earflop.

57. Jimbeaux says:

I love the last photo! He’s so happy that he fits! And I can so see him trying to come up with other things to fit under and wag about!

58. at least you can count. i was too ded by it to post for 10 hours.

59. Here ya go… and have some apple cider, too.

60. Rachael says:

You never want to underestimate the deductive powers of Miss Marple. Or the exceedingly exquisite qte, for that matter. :)

61. [pssst… ChrisW, it’s the p*ppy word that got you tossed in… use puppeh instead. :)

62. I like that there was a nose boop in the story!

63. Marci B says:

that was awesome, thanks so much!!!! The Little Rascals are the best!!!!

64. And Chipper, his trainee/intern/pup.

65. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Amen to that.

No more Breed Specific Legislation. Punish the deed, not the Breed.

66. CathyDee says:

I wish saggy belly wrinkles on a 45-year-old woman were also considered cute. I’d be a supermodel!

67. 13bodies says:

I once donated to PBS just to get the Wishbone beanie baby premium. The woman asked me how many kids I had. I told her none. :D I still have it.

68. Desdemona says:

Yes. In the early part of the 20th century the American Stratfordshire dogs were known as “baby sitter dogs.” It was people who ruined that reputation, not the dogs.

69. sleekityin says:

Yeah, and with “Marple” for a name you’d think she’d have figured out it was the CO Fairy whodunit. (And that’s some eye patch she’s got there – am surprised she wasn’t called Pirate instead.) Still, “Marple” was “Her Master’s Choice”.

70. Not really? Really? Oh my goodness! That’s…. that’s…… are you sure? But….. but… really?

71. Perfect story-picture mind meld. And the little fairy ‘boop’ at the end? So cute! thanks Crazy Pants.

72. I’m in love with this pup! The End! :)