Friday Haiku: Rule of Cuteness #44

In peaceful slumber

Ears at 9 and 3 o’clock

Mom watches over

We can hardly believe their ears, Whitley L.!

Comments

1. That pic could make you spontaneously lactate and your ovaries explode.

2. DogEared says:

….I feel the need to knead also…..

3. AWW :D What a pretty mommy cat :D AWW :D How old are those tiny kitties? :D

4. I also so want to gently snorgle the mommy cat and her babies :D

5. Fird Birfle says:

@ kar: IF you are female in gender or pre-operative gender transfer ….

otherwise …. 8-O

*head up, catches breath*

nom
    nom
    nom (etc.)

7. 260Oakley says:

Tiny mountaineers
    Dressed in furry climbing suits
    Scale the Grand Teatons

8. skippymom says:

I was just thinking last night about whether I regret not having had human children. Conclusion: no.
    But I still have an insane desire to give birth to and nurse a batch of kittens.

9. *guffaw*

10. Aww the little one at the bottom… Those are felt ears, right?

11. dubyah1 says:

Recall this Sunday:
    We were all teensier once.
    All hail our Mom Cats!

12. After I’ve had my turn with those kitties, all their ears will have been felt. As will their tummies, tails, feetsies and behinds.

13. dubyah1 says:

Stan: It’s every man’s right to have babies if he wants them.
    Reg: But you can’t have babies.
    Stan: Don’t you oppress me!
    Reg: Where’s the fetus going to gestate, in a box?

14. dubyah1 says:

Although with those ears, possibly tiny foster-marmosets

15. Mary (the first) says:

Don’t you mean, “mountain-EARS”?

Signed,
    Can’t believe I’m attempting to correct/improve Oakley’s post.

16. Mary (the first) says:

And tiny pink nosies!! Smooched with barely a touch!

17. Mary (the first) says:

Soft warm tummy fur
    Tender morsels, snuggling
    Sweetest in the world!

18. Not having a womb–which is nobody’s fault, not even the Romans…

19. dude – the one at the bottom! those ears are totally at 8 and 4!

20. 260Oakley says:

By all means, jump right in. All for pun and pun for all.

21. 260Oakley says:

Obviously a kitten from a different time zone.

22. 260Oakley says:

…who may be experiencing pet lag.

23. OOH! I’m a poet and I didn’t know it!!

dude – the one at the
    bottom! those ears are tota-
    -lly at 8 & 4!

24. Madame X says:

More like 9 and 3!!!! 80

25. Belleh up to the bar kids !!!!

26. Life is full of $h!t
    That’s the truth of it…

27. dubyah1 says:

Reg: All right, but APART from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?!
    Attendee: Brought peace?
    Reg: Oh, peace – shut up!

28. I think that’s only natural, skippymom. I feel the same way.

Great photo of a gorgeous little family! It’s unusual to see an orange female cat.

29. skippymom says:

You guys, I love all of this, but what are you quoting? Am I completely out of it that I don’t recognize it?

30. Cleosmom says:

Mom Cat is all “1, 2, 3, 4,, no, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, no, no, 1, 2, 3, 4?”

31. Alessia says:

Monty Pythons Life of Brian. Funny movie I recommend it!!

32. skippymom says:

Okay now I feel really stupid, since I am a Monty Python fan but have never actually seen Life of Brian.

33. dubyah1 says:

Behold, the might that is Python: pearl-clutchers, small-noses and ex-lepers, beware; basically un-safe for all (there’s no pleasing some people).
    5:00 for the gender

34. You are not alone, skippymom!! =)

35. All I can see is LOTS of floof with tiny earsies sticking out, and that peenk mom nose on the right is the killer touch… let me dive in it!!!

36. dubyah1 says:

;-) found haikus!

37. victoreia says:

Hey! Those kittehs are on the wall calendar for this weekend! *sigh* Me luvs itty bitty kittehs……

38. Saffron says:

Cluster of kittens.
    Marmie marmee loves them so!
    Fuzzy happiness.

39. ScoutsMom says:

When exactly do the ears go from 9 and 3 to 11 and 1? And when do they get pointy? And how does that happen? Seems to happen over night.

40. Food court is open
    Eight tables with no waiting
    Meeelks is all we got

41. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

love it!

42. victoreia says:

Don’t feel bad, skippymom. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any Monty Python movie…… *ducks behind tank*

43. dgerish says:

I’m with you too. Human babies are cute and all, but they don’t purr.

44. As a foster-kitten-mommy, I can guess at the age…. I’m pretty sure those babies are less than a week old. On the other hand, it would be easier to estimate if you could see their faces and weigh them…. I’d guess, just a guess, that their eyes are tight shut and the weight is about, oh, 5 or 6 ounces. They’re born at about 3-4 ounces, and then gain about 3 or 4 ounces in their first week — if all is well. And these babies look like all is well!

It’s really cool how the ears move up the side of the head as they grow. A two-week-old will have open eyes but not really able to walk, and their ears are closer to 10 and 2. By three weeks, the ears are little triangles at the top. So if you see a baby kitten with ears on the sides of the head, that’s less than three weeks for sure.

If the eyes are not yet open, it’s less than 10 days.

45. I should have answered after reading all the comments — I answered this in a reply to Teresa’s post.

46. kibblenibble says:

Lookit! Teh mommy is a marmie!!!!

47. murkle46 says:

Those three kitten’s coats are a type I’ve never seen on a cat before.They seem,to me,to actually be puse or lavender almost in color if you unfocus your eyes.How do you think they will look when they’re older?

48. they might be dilute tortie – soft grey and peach. Here is my dilute tortie girl, Matisse:

49. Fird Birfle says:

nice verbal bit, that :)

(also reminds me of book Little Women,
    where the girls call their mother “Marmie”)

50. Fird Birfle says:

THAT’s the thing !!!

51. murkle46 says:

Thanks for the link.After seeing your wonderful cat,I ant to see these kitties when they are grown up even more.

52. rooanne says:

I would love to see a time-lapse video to accompany this description!!

53. Kitties!

54. I have a similar (live) pic at my house. Someone discarded two orange cats at my house. Both had litters which I assume is why they were set out. One I don’t know where her babies are. The other we have inside, she has five babies, 3 weeks old yesterday. None have names but the adults are called Orange Kitty One and Two or Not That Orange Kitty, The Other Orange Kitty. ; )