Unlikely Hero

Could you have ever imagined your whole day would be saved by one little, smiling sloth?

Rescue sometimes arrives from where we least expect it, Josh N. and the Sloth Sanctuary.

1. Awwww, sloth smiles! Yay!

2. i know right they are so cute

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I never thought about sloths much until I started getting posts from the Sloth Sanctuary. These are odd and very dear little creatures.

4. We have room at my place

5. dgerish says:

Actually, I imagine every day would get better with a sloth. LOVE these little guys.

6. Here are all the pics for those who are interested. I was there for 2 weeks in March. http://joshnorem.smugmug.com/Other/Sloth-Sanctuary/22272869_cggLbM#!i=1780262437&k=38RKrCQ

7. doomchild says:

8. are you the same Josh N who has Lucy??

9. I’m already jealous of the sloth trip (fabulous photos, Josh!), but if he also lives with Lucy, my jealousy will increase exponentially…

10. I took the Lucy pictures, but my friend fostered her :)

11. Mary (the first) says:

What wonderful photos! That place is gorgeous, the sloths are adorable and bonus kittehs and puppers!! And that red frog at the very end took my breath away!! Thanks, Josh!

12. My goodness Josh, your photos from the sloth sanctuary are stunning.

13. Thanks for the kind words.

14. Josh- those are AMAZING pics. What kind of camera do you use??
    Also, thanks…now I shall get no work done at my desk. Blast you!!! ;)

15. I have a Nikon D700 Emmylee.

16. Alice Shortcake says:

Josh, I am green with envy. As green as a string bean in the paw of a smiling sloth!

17. Rachael says:

Your pictures are breathtaking and I too am jealous beyond belief!

I am completely smitten with these beautiful, gentle creatures. ♥♥♥♥

18. Beautiful. So THAT’S where chewbaccas come from.

19. I was having a poopy night (I teach college and every end of semester, I get the usual subjects whining about their final grades) and this brought a needed smile to my face. Thanks.

20. Hope your tonight is better than last night. Everything is made better after viewing sweet, smiling animals.

21. They smile like they know secrets. :-)

22. stbernardmom says:

Diane, I think you would be a good sloth mom!!

23. Cynthia McLendon says:

24. bookmonstercats says:

My whole day can generally be saved by Qte Inna Blankie*. However, my day has been rescued beyond telling by Sloth Inna Blankie*. It doesn’t get any better than this.

* Note to Terry Pratchett’s lawyers. I deny any resemblance between” qte inna blankie” and “rat onna stick”. Pbbbbthhhhh.

25. Theresa says:

My day? Nay, my week!

26. victoreia says:

27. phred's mom says:

this wee sloth must be named Mona Lisa.

28. 260Oakley says:

I was about to throw in the towel, ’til I noticed there was a sloth in it. Oh joy! Oh wrap-ture!

29. Ruffian9 says:

Heh : )

30. Mr. trouble never hangs around,
    when he hears this happy sound,
    Here I come to save the day!
    That means that Smilley Sloth is on the way!

(to the music of Mighty Mouse)

31. Theresa says:

32. I think the modbot is just not old enough to understand what I was talking about.

OK what’s good to eat today in the loundge?

33. How would you like to join me for a quesadilla with chips and guacamole? (I’m feeling a yen for Mexican today) Margaritas on the rocks are coming up shortly.

34. That sounds like heaven!

35. Let’s try a haiku
    Who said sloth was deadly sin
    I do not agree

36. That sloth is looking pretty smug all wrapped up in that towel. He (or she) likes getting spoiled, methinks.

37. What’s good to eat in the moderation lounge?

38. BOOOOP!

39. skippymom says:

Are sloth noses made of plastic?

40. kiragirl says:

41. We love him! How sweet and heroic!
    Bella and DiDi

42. I went to the archive. I am crying. Nobody ever mocks that poor actress in my presence again.

43. this is the cutest thing i have ever seen!