Puppy Tales – Asher

There was once an Alaskan Klee Kai puppy named Asher. For miles around, people came to see him and admire his sweetness.

They cooed and awwwed at his antics, small size, and yes, his pure white eyebrows.

While Asher genuinely appreciated the love and admiration, there was only one person whose opinion meant something to him.

That person was his Abbie and they lived happily ever after. The End.

1. Theresa says:

Please mention the crisp black border around Asher’s ears. Ohh, look, I just did! :P

2. It’s ear liner! I hadn’t noticed until you pointed it out.

Is Asher full grown in these pics? If not, how big is he likely to get? I’ve never heard of this breed.

3. Hi, Abbie here! Asher isn’t full grown in these pics…he’s now 7 months old and about 8 lbs. He probably won’t get much bigger than 10! He’s considered a “toy” variety and stands about 9-10″ at the shoulder. Thanks for all the kind wishes!!

4. Crazy Pants says:

Hi Berg and everybody. I went to the interwebs to help us all know what an Alaskan Klee Kai is.
    Dog Breed Info Center (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/alaskankleekai.htm) says they are miniature Alaskan huskies. Weight and height vary based on whether it’s a standard, miniature or toy. There is some great information and super cute pics.
    Have a super cute day!

5. victoreia says:

Wait…..Klee Kais come in standard, miniature and toy? (Or is it Alaskan Huskies that come in standard, miniature and toy?)

6. Crazy Pants says:

According to Dog Breed Info Center the Alaskan Klee Kai’s also come in Standard Mini and Toy. I also checked in with TerrificPets.com and they also say Standard, Mini and Toy. More sizes to love!

7. victoreia says:

That’s it! I want one! The feline overlords will just have to share!

8. Thanks, Crazy Pants! I was too lazy to do that research myself.

9. What a beautiful pup, I want to kiss him rignt between the eyebrows!

10. Wait, I just noticed his tiny paws. Pups of large breed dogs usually have big paws.
    Is that a kind of miniature husky that stays small?? I WANT IT !!

11. I have no idea what a Klee Kai but it’s definitely a spitz breed. Almost like a little schippertje.

12. boomchuckpixyniki says:

I used to have a husky corgi mix, and other than slightly larger ears and slightly shorter legs (the features that finally told us she was part corgi), she looked just like a mini-husky. I miss that old girl. She lived a long life, but it didn’t hurt any less when we had to put her down when the cancer took over. She helped my family heal after my mom passed away, and she’ll always be one of the great ones for that reason.

13. Huh, supposedly a new breed developed using Huskies, Schipperke and American Eskimo Dog from, wait for it. Wasilla, Alaska in the 70’s. *

* refraining from political comments of any type

14. phred's mom says:

so wise of you.

15. Fird Birfle says:

(hundreds of wine glasses all around the neighborhood shatter)

and his bashful facial expreshe is soul-killing, peeps.

16. AHHHHHH! Eyebrow Dots! And prosh lil paws!!! I must have!!!

*grabby hands*

17. loribelle says:

No mere dots! Eyebrow Wings!

18. @loribelle so true. It almost looks like he has an eagle between them.

19. skippymom says:

I think is is a Forehead Angel.

20. loribelle says:

I agree about the Forehead Angel (I had been thinking dove), however you want to say it.

21. skippymom says:

I think IT is. Duh.

22. Good grief – we’ve had so many cute puppy pix the last couple of days that I almost want to adopt a puppy sibling for my kitty babies – but they WOULD NOT be pleased. They are my masters, and I can only do what they want. They won’t even let me adopt a magnificent marmie cat I saw in the Cat Adoption Room at PetSmart. *Sigh*

A Cat (and Dog) Person

23. OK, is puppy a bad word according to the CO Mod Gods??? I talked about puppies both yesterday and today and both times have landed in the Mod Lounge.

24. hrhqueencat says:

*gathering strength for possible/probable Mod Lounge banishment*
    I LOVE this teensy puppy ♥ ♥ ♥

25. Sharpy says:

it was a pleasure having you. :)

26. hrhqueencat says:

I DID end up there, but for reasons unknown, I was ushered out;
    it still baffles me why the word pupp* is bad, though :(

27. you’re welcome. sometimes even the most furvent cuteologists are ushered into the mod lounge for no reason at all. we try to make your stay as nice as possible. i too am confused by the reasoning of the moderation engine. sometimes it’s from posting more than twice in quick succession and other times, because we just want to hang out with you for a little while. :)

28. OK, I guess I will have to use “puppeh” from now on, because the normal spelling of “puppeh” apparently lands you in the Mod Lounge. Who knew? Apparently not moi.

Bartender, another round of margaritas please, and FRESH chips and queso. I don’t want no stinkin’ Cinco de Mayo leftovers per Theresa yesterday.

29. *hands Zippy fresh margaritas and kitty treats for her kittehs*

Let us know what else we can get you in the Mod lounge :)

30. skippymom says:

Zippy, of all the words that get us sent to the lounge, this one is most inexplicable. This is a site about cute animals, after all. But yeah, you want to avoid the regular spelling (unless you’re in the mood for drinks and snacks, of course).

31. skippymom says:

I’ve used that before and it was okay. I used it in the plural, though.

32. I’m tempted to try it and see if it lands me in the mod lounge…

33. Really? Then heaven forbid we should use a common Britishism for “kitty.”

34. Mudbug says:

Last picture Puppeh sez : MY person !!!!

35. Yes, Asher, we do like your eyebrows!
    and your ears! nomnomnom

36. hmmmm @tracylee….has Schnozz not been letting you nom on her ears lately? You’ve been in an awfully nommy mood lately :) Although who can blame you. It’s always nomday!

37. Marci B says:

Love the name and that face should be on billboards around the world:)

38. Also, I’m totally digging this new Puppeh Tales feature!! Moar, pls!

(tho, if the word is in the friggin title of the post, shouldn’t we be able to type it without going to the Lounge??)

39. victoreia says:

Apparently not…..

40. wwfd301 says:

This site is too damn cute! That dog is adorable! I have 3 dogs because puppies are one of my weaknesses. Way. Too. Cute.

41. phred's mom says:

also love the paw action…this is MY human! My Phred did this whether
    we were standing or seated, all his life. He grew to fifty-five pounds,
    so he kept me from any fast moves pretty much most of the time.
    I miss him. *snif* Fird, I need another box of Hello Kitty tissues.
    Merci beaucoup.

42. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go, phred’s mom. In the Handy Travel Pkg:

43. phred's mom says:

a belated thenkew, Fird. I knew I could count on you.

44. Awwww! He loves his human so moishe.

45. That’s duckling fuzz on that fivehead!

46. dgerish says:

Asher has stolen my soul with his cutesypieness.

47. Fird Birfle says:

well- “spoken”, dgerish

48. An Alaskan Klee Kai puppeh named “Asher”
    Had the art of the Qte fully mastered.
    His white eyebrow dots
    And his cute little trots
    Made our loving hearts beat ever faster.

49. ashagato says:

50. The paw hold is heartbreakingly sweet! SUCH an adorable little cutie pie.

51. hockeyplayah says:

Awww! This puppy haz the biggest cutest eyes EVER!!!

52. 6ToedCatsRule says:

Why do huskys always look pissed off?

53. Denise A. says:

Brimful of Asher..he’s a toy Klee Kai! (OK, I don’t know which size he is, “toy” just fit the best.)

54. Asher bandito.

55. magickariel says:

upon viewing this post, and forever since, my head is making a quiet eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

56. Fird Birfle says:

That seems entirely reasonable!!

57. Simply adorable!