Fear and Bathing

Ablutophobia – the fear of bathing. Symptoms: As soon as the water splashes you, your hairs automatically show where to put the water wings.

Hurley, Miniature Australian Shepherd at 7 weeks. Says sender-inner Hannah D., “It was bath time after a short over night hospital stay.”

Comments

1. warrior rabbit says:

Come with me. I promise never to give you a baff! No, really. Pinky swear. Just come with me.

2. skippymom says:

Aw, why did this little guy have to stay in hospital at such a tender age?

3. lds7yrs says:

That’s what I wanted to know too. Poor babey!

4. Aww that looks like my kitty a few months ago– within one week she had surgery to remove bladder stones (hence one leg being shaved for the iv), then she ate a lily and had to go back to flush out her kidneys (so they shaved her other leg). It’s like little furry boots!!

5. Yes, we should ask the Aussie SHEPHERD pup just where exactly he got those Ugg-like boots!

6. I don’t have any more back story on this one. Maybe Hannah will stop by?

7. Theresa says:

and those sklnny knees!

8. whites under pupils and iris = me ded.

9. Poor baby, I hope he’s all well now.

10. Third Shift says:

Ahhhhh …! Everything is kleeeeeeeene! No mildew. What a brave little cutie. The greyhound’s first encounter with the nozzle when he first came home, he went limp at the knees and was sprawling in the shower.

11. Someone, please give me that baby. I will dry him with warm towels straight from the dryer, cuddle him, and smooch that woebegone look from his poor little face. And I happen to have a rib eye with his name on it, all ready to cut into puppy-size pieces.

12. Fird Birfle says:

Well, on an EMOTIONAL level, I’d vote for Sad,
    due to Nasty, Unwanted Baffs. ALSO it seems viciously unfair b/c Hurley seems to already be glisteningly clean.
    The Whites are White, etc. etc.

I also cast a second vote, for Cute, due to Cuteness.
    Does that clear up everything, now??

13. Fird Birfle says:

I don’t blame the g’hound at all. I’d go limp/ knees and sprawling all over.

Plus, I’d be whining and shrieking, just for the Effect.

Signed,
    I don’ wan’ yer Stoopid Baff, ENNYHOW.

Pout.

14. Fird Birfle says:

also also

I tho’t that we had well-established Australian Shepherds as champions of the Eyebrow Dot. Yet I see none here. Perhaps I was sadly mistaken and am thinking instead of the Pyrenees or something else.

Signed.
    WE WANT EYEBROW DOTS
    WE WANT EYEBROW DOTS

Aw crap, DRAW them in, with a Sharpy if you have to!!
    I won’t tell anyone that they’ve been added in.

15. Burmese mountain dogs equals best eyebrow dots ever!

16. Ahhhh leave it to Firdie to be the strong voice of the eyebrow dot contingency. I too was puzzled by no eyebrow dots.
    p.s. firdie…baffs aren’t all that bad :) I’ll even let you pick the soap that gets to go in.

17. Skippy I too want to know the story. Poor lil guy.

18. *HURLS SELF @ HURLEY*

19. Rachael says:

Fird, it’s my understanding that eyebrow dots don’t appear until the 8th week on Australian Shepherds (kinda like how dalmatians are born white and then their spots appear later). Give this poor woebegone little guy another week.

Also, the pink splotch on his nosicle makes a perfect target for a smooch!

20. loribelle says:

Bernese. Burmese is kittehs.

21. doomchild says:

This is why I don’t look at my dog’s face when I wash him. Spaniels are good (I would’ve said ‘the best’, but then I thought of beagles and bassets) in inducing massive amounts of guilt in people just by glancing at them. I think that Hurley didn’t mind the hospital trip, since he probably was given biscuits and smoochies, but this horrible water torture is just too much!

22. doomchild says:

Greetings from the mod lounge. Note to self: avoid using the word t o r t u r e. *pours tea and noms some fresh bunny ears*

23. Third Shift says:

Ribeye! Shoot, I’ll get my dog suit and be over right quick!

24. it may just be schmutz on my compy screen, but I think I see the leeetle beginningks of eyebrow dottage on this pitiful puppeh

25. Fird Birfle says:

add to note:

@ngst, @gony

26. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

27. Fird Birfle says:

@ Emmylee: so my attempts at Being Subtle, didn’t work so well, huh???

28. Fird Birfle says:

Hurley, the Sad,
    needs His Own Signature Blues. I submit the following candidate song.

29. mctwin says:

At first glance, I thought this sweetie was a tiny, puppy-like, Bernese Mountain or Swiss Mountain dog. Those are some super sweet breeds, those are!

30. marthava says:

Don’t we have a “Princess Di Eyes” tag?

31. Fird Birfle says:

oddly enough, that phrase no esta either in the Tags OR in the CO Glossary.

A most astute point, that.

32. Beecie says:

prolly too late but i think we would all benefit from a cutehance on the nose leather. it looks eeeenteresting!

33. lol. @Firdie….no. not quite. :)

34. I stand Corrected… I claim loss of brian function due to puppy cuteness!

35. See I am still not functioning properly in the brain 24 hours later ROFL!

36. Well…I guess I could give the pupster some hamburger instead, since you’re going to all that trouble, getting into your dog suit and all…hope you like A-1 Sauce, cuz that’s what you’re getting!

37. You can almost see the thought balloon: “If you MUST, but it will be a long time until I forgeef this utter BETRAYAL of my puppulent cuteness. Fear my Princess Di eyes.”

38. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I know.Such a rueful expression. **give puppeh hugs**

39. robynnnn says:

australian shepherds come in mini form?????