Episode Twelve: Ambush!

Last week on The Adventures of Biff and Skippy, our heroes ignored the advice of Scoutmaster Bob and wandered far away from camp. Now, with nightfall fast approaching, the wayward brothers find themselves lost and isolated in the dreaded… Valley of the Cats.

The suspense is killing us, Hamish Darby.

1. Theresa says:

Oh my stinkin’ GOSH! Come here, leetle Espanyels! I will save you!

2. redvelvetrose says:

Aw… my kitty would siddle right up to them and start grooming. She’s weird like that. Once had a friend over who brought her pom. Poor Pommie tried to bark and yap and be the boss… but eventually wound up with a Greaser hairdo anyways thanks to my determined kitty.

3. sunnylessmum says:

Thank you, that made me laugh so hard! The mental picture of a Pom with a greaser hairdo… too much :)

4. 260Oakley says:

5. skippymom says:

SKIPPY!!! SKIPPY!!! SKIPPY!!! The best name in the world!!!!!11111

6. yes yes. I am quite partial to their natural peanut butter ;)

7. Don’t worry bro, I got your back!
    Them kitties won’t sneak up on us!

8. eeeeee!! 2 puppeh posts in a row…. [ded]

9. lds7yrs says:

This looks like my sister and me when we were kids. We would dare each other to walk towards the barn (which was BEYOND the glow of the yard light). With each step growing darker and darker, and the barn hulking larger and more deeply black, our hearts pounding, ears tuned for the glushy sound of monster footfalls,the suspense would grow until… a cow would stomp at a mosquito. AAHAHAAHAH, we screamed and clutched each other while racing to the house. Oh, the terror of it all!!!! ;)

10. skippymom says:

Did you grow up on a cow farm??
    (I don’t whether you were here the other day when we were discussing the greatness of all things cow, including the smell of their poo.)

11. lds7yrs says:

We had a mixed farm, raised cattle, had pigs, chickens, cats, dogs, not to mention coyotes, racoons, skunks, mice, and other assorted wildlife. Got to admit, cow poo is not my favourite smell, but it sure beats chicken and pig manure!!

12. Amen! I can still tell the difference between cow, pig, and chicken residues. We didn’t have horses, but if I remember correctly, horse residue is a bit less fragrant than the others.

13. Fird Birfle says:

In re the above exchange….

14. Robin Kiesel says:

I LUV the aroma of horse manure!

15. skippymom says:

Horse poo is pretty damn sweet when it’s fresh.
    (Not so much when it’s been too long since you cleaned the stalls.)

16. It’s a puppeh “Pushmepullyou” !

17. Mudbug says:

Ding ! Ding ! Ding ! Right back at you Gigi & Skippymom for being the first two
    to catch it !!! Ballerina curtsies all around !

18. Doctor Dolittle ref FTW!

19. skippymom says:

That was my first thought also, until I got distracted by the name Skippy.

20. freetomato says:

I have never seen pups with such perfectly Lucy Ricardo-Ronald McDonald-Red hair! They are gorgeous!

21. Yea though I walk through the valley of cats. I will fear no claws…. Thy lint brush and feather wand comfort me.

22. sunnylessmum says:

golf clap

23. lds7yrs says:

24. ohhhh noooooos! I will save you little puppehs!

25. ffleur2 says:

This reminds me of the classic NTMTOM post with the golden puppies in the snow and they were scared-pants. Great story and pics. Anyone have the link?

26. This reminds me of one of my favorite books when I was a kid, The Poky Little Puppy. I hope these two get strawberry shortcake when they get home!

27. Ah, Mod Lounge, how I’ve missed you! I could use a little smackerel of something, what’s on the menu today?

28. victoreia says:

Ah, you used the “p” word in the book title……

29. Hmmm its early in the week…so I think we have salsa…some sammiches and possibly some pie?

30. The Adventures of Biff and Skippy?! I loved that show. Perhaps loved is too strong a word: I was mildly amused by that show quite a few weeknights.