New Wave Yoga

We’ll begin with the double blubber twist and we’ll hold this position until the instructor gives everyone a fish.

Everybody knows doing yoga will help you balance your mind and your body and a beach ball on your nose.

The most crucial secret to yoga is not centering your chi, or finding your inner chakra, but the ability to look good in stretchy pants.

Pacific Harbor Seal pups at Marine Mammal Rescue at the Vancouver Aquarium, where orphaned and injured marine mammals are rehabbed and released.  Andy S. says, “this year all harbor seals are named after vegetables but with over 150 coming in this year, we ran out of veggies so you’ll find a few herbs and spices in there too. Underwater shot of Pimento saying hello, Rocket doing yoga, Cardamom trying to escape her tote at cleaning time.”

1. Theresa says:

2. Fird Birfle says:

This is an entirely reasonable response to this Qte.

(not really)

3. Beckah says:

Yes, oh yes! Plus, one of the behbehs names is Cardamom?!?! Gah! Best.Name.Ever!!

4. I’m filing all three names away for future use. Not that I am likely to get baby seals any time soon (unfortunately)…

Gorgeous pups!

5. FluffyPants says:

Speckled blorp!

6. Jiffknee says:

Speckled, furry, liquid-y anime large-eyed blorp.
    *le sigh*

7. which reminds me – we need the blorp tag!

8. Check!

9. Jody :) says:

there is just a whole lot of awesome in your comment!!!!! :D

10. Fird Birfle says:

TOTALLY agree with the bit about stretchy pants.

ALSO DALMATIAN model seal!!!

11. Amandaish says:

I’m going to need Cardamom. Now. I have Nutmeg!

12. dubyah1 says:

Dibs on Pimento! loathe the pickled olive-stuffers, adore the zen-blissed blorp avec secret smile and brow-whiskairs

13. I love the look on Cardamom’s face, he really look like a kid who doesn’t want to take a bath.

14. lds7yrs says:

The middle pup really has this yoga stuff down!

15. Wait, “Rocket”???

16. 260Oakley says:

So Canadians and Brits say “rocket” when what they really mean is “arugula.” Good thing I learned a second language, eh?

17. Cool! Thanks, Oakley! I’ve clearly been associating with the wrong Brits, who also insist on saying o-re-GAN-o.

18. Oreg-ARN-o

A Brit.

19. ScoutsMom says:

FYI … Oregano in Pittsburgese is pronounced “a-rig-a-no”.

From, a Pittsburger

20. Fird Birfle says:

um — really? “rocket” = “arugula”???

not disbelieving yer wisdom 260.

I’m just still befuddled.
    But that is often the case.

*resigned sigh*

21. Yes, rocket is another name for what us US-based call arugula.

22. Who’d have known?

About aragulu.. aragula…. origami….. argy-bargy…

Wot she said.

23. tracylee, you’re reading my mind! That sentence comes up frequently at our house, especially since we planted arugula in our garden a couple of weeks ago.

24. I don’t care. As long as sombody’s got some blue cheese crumbles to toss over it. And maybe some nuts or pear slices. Could handle some grape tomatoes too…

25. nummy! I’ll take two helpings!

26. “I mean, have you seen the price of arugula lately?!”

27. Eruca sativa (syn. E. vesicaria subsp. sativa (Miller) Thell., Brassica eruca L.), is an edible annual plant, commonly known as rocket, roquette, rucola or arugula

28. skippymom says:

The arugula/rocket/roquette that I planted last Saturday is already coming up as of yesterday! Yay!
    Also: Chocolate Chip Sealios! Yay!

29. I was gonna say…

31. Fird Birfle says:

ehn, JOIN THA CLUB.

(please note: there was no unfriendliness attached to this. When I get a harp seal, I’ll send the next one, Your Way!!)

32. LauraH says:

Can we just pass him around for hugs? I think he really needs a hug.

33. Fird Birfle says:

that sounds like a quite effective Plan of Ackshon.

34. Namast-hey! you there! bring me more fishes!

35. victoreia says:

36. murkle46 says:

The poses,the furriness,and the expressions are so cat-like to my eye it’s striking.Too bad they ornk,but dont purr or meow.

37. Le blorp, c’est chic.

And yum! I love rocket/roquette! :D

38. I don’t look good in stretchy pants. No, I really don’t!!!

However, I would overcome terminal embarrassment and wear them just to join teh Qte Yoga Ashram. A’course, I have the double blubber twist down to a fine art before I even start.

39. doomchild says:

Note to self: to avoid choking the calves to death by snorgles and smoocies, do not visit CO until work day is over.

40. skippymom says:

You work with CALVES?!! What is your job?

41. doomchild says:

Agriculture trainee. One of my tasks is to bottle-feed calves each morning and afternoon. The multitude of moist nosicles is te bestest way to start a day :)

42. skippymom says:

I am so envious, I am sitting here at my desk quietly sobbing.

43. Fird Birfle says:

oh, sk’mom.

*brings her a pastel, rhinestoned rainbow in consolation.*

44. Rachael says:

I definitely need to add some spice to my life. I’ll start with 40 pounds of Cardamon, please. :)

45. Emmberrann says:

Cardamom seems to be saying to me, “Fishies ready yet? Who’s up for fishes? Me, that’s who! Fishies ready yet? Can I get outta this bucket?”

46. Birdcage says:

I want to be the ones to name the pups. And I bet I could have come up with 150 veggie names without having to dig into the realm of herbs and spices. (Can I also say, as a Canadian, that while I know what “rocket” is, most of us Canucks say “arugula” here, I think. Shall we have the Cilantro vs. Coriander debate now?)

47. ashagato says:

aften tending my favorite-est plants in my entire garden, my arugula/rocket and my cilantro, I come in to find a discussion of both of them on CO! crazy…

there was an article on cilantro-haters in the New York Times recently, which led me to a hilarious website, ” – – -k Yea Cilantro” which mercilessly mocks the cilantro-shy. loved it!

48. skippymom says:

I think I’ve heard that people are genetically predisposed to love or hate cilantro. I like it, but at the same time I can understand that to the haters it smells and tastes like a household cleaning product.

49. ashagato says:

totally! everybody experiences food differently. which is why, with my twisted sense of humor, I found the juvenile, over-the-top, and vulgar anti-cilantro-haters site so funny, I guess….

50. what’s to debate..? coriander seeds are wonderful;
    the leaves of the plant, called cilantro in the US, taste like sheet metal soaked in bleach
    therefore, it’d be a shame to name a lovely scoop ‘blorp like these something like “cilantro”

51. roketto says:

…I like cilantro. Can I have that pup, if you don’t want it? :3 ..prepares to steal seal.. (Ha!)

52. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Except that in the UK (& for all I know in Canada), the leaves are called “coriander” (like the seeds), not “cilantro”. Augh!

53. Fird Birfle says:

*stifled giggle*

54. boooo moderation right off the bat?
    OHHH I know what I said *hangs head*
    anyone got coffee goin’ yet?

55. Fird Birfle says:

right here, ma’am.
    Coffee, tea, or — oops, never mind

56. If ever a chin wanted skritches…

57. sleekityin says:

The first two pics illustrate the yoga position “Blissful Seal” perfectly.

58. crashmodel says:

Which one of these is an “underwater shot of Pimiento saying hello”? None of these appear to have been taken underwater.

59. roketto says:

Yaaaaay, they named a seal pup after meeee! ^o^ *squees with joy at the spotted cuteness*

60. Fird Birfle says:

*does a happy dance, with roketto,
    in a field full of Queen Anne’s Lace blossoms*

Queen Anne's Lace Flowers

61. Mamabear says:

I’ll take a bukkit of blorp please.

62. Hey neat we made it on! This year the babies are named after Crayola Crayon colours!

63. victoreia says:

Wait….wha? Do you have any job openings? I’ll work for fish…….(or, my feline overlords will be happy to have me work for fish…..)

64. Pre-blorp sealio.