You Know How It Is

I didn’t mean to. Sometimes I’m not perfect. Sometimes I have other priorities. Sometimes I just can’t help myself. Sometimes I hope three lame excuses will be enough.

Tell us another one, Maia. Cutest guilt complex ever, Maria R.! Photo by Ben L.

Comments

1. Isn’t that 4 excuses? you had me at the first one.

2. I forgive you, puppeh! Like jj, one excuse would have been enough for me, too.

3. lookit dose earsies! NOMNOMNOM

I mean.. uh…
    dang, those are some cute paws, too…

now, what was I saying?
    oh, to heck with it…

*BOOP*

4. Mary (the first) says:

She’s thinking, “Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have, but it was sure worth it. Whoo!”

5. Sasha's Mum says:

Nah, she’s plotting. “When I grow into my puppeh bed (not to mention my tail) you won’t be able to stop me!

6. warrior rabbit says:

Izzat someone else’s paw in the background there? Like, maybe Mom’s?

7. zoetta says:

“And yes, I do need this big bed….”

8. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

You’re off the hook, little one. I can’t imagine you did whatever you did; it must have been that “other dog.”

9. Just blame it on the kitty!

10. Psst…is she buying it?

11. Kari Callin says:

Lord, look at those eyes, it’s all written right there: “Just act casual. Cute, sorry puppy eyes. Look, see how cute and pathetic I look. Yes, very sorry about the pillow, just DON’T look behind the sofa…DON’T LOOK BEHIOND THE SOFA!”

12. She needs to grow into those huge feets too.

13. victoreia says:

*giggle*

14. Tracylee,
    why do I get the feeling this is the look Miss Schnozz throws you and all is forgiven? ;)

15. hee Kari…or she’s like my dog, sits right in the middle of her guiltiness as a puppeh and would look up at me like, yeahhh I did it. But look at me with my floppy boxer ears and wrinkly brow. I’m forgiven right?? RIGHT?!!

16. psssttt…eyebrow dots. *runs and hides while the eyebrow dot contingency comes clamoring :) *

17. Princess Di Eyes

18. Rachael says:

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve encountered exactly that look from my two…

And yet it still stops me dead in my tracks, every single time. Can you say “sucker”? :)

19. Fird Birfle says:

@ Emmylee:

WOW the eyebrow dot-afficianados (myself included) have now FORMED A
    CONTINGENCY?????

*calls the local newspaper Political section*

20. ceejoe says:

And we’re still picketing…
    Eyebrow Dots! We Want Eyebrow Dots Rule! [waving signs]

21. I’m actually quite okay with being part of this great movement, for such a wonderful cause… It is imperative that our contingency get the word out on the streets! The Eyebrow Dot Rule MUST PASS!

22. exactly the same… sigh…
    (“no, I wasn’t gonna eat that kitteh, I just wanted to taste it… honest… “)

23. ceejoe says:

heh heh… Behind the sofa made me smile… last week I cleaned up a pile of cat poop from behind the sofa… the part that kinda freaked me out was that I wasn’t sure how long it’d been there… 8O

24. DogEared says:

you have my vote.

25. DogEared says:

is that possibly a German Shepherd puppeh? *snatches said puppeh and heads to secret location of Puppeh DNA Lab which may or may not be my house*

26. @Firdie….*ahem* I can not confirm nor deny that we have now formed a contingency. Our press secretary will have to get back to you on that.

27. Fird Birfle says:

*snerk*

28. Fird Birfle says:

“If you say ‘I can neither confirm, nor deny….’, YOU MIGHT BE
    a politician …..”

Your press sec’y can contact my press sec’y, and they can “do lunch”, Emmylee!!

29. hksginger says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Would be a very odd angle for the tail to sit at, no matter how much growing he/she McCutersons has to do :)

30. hksginger says:

LOVING the hovertext! That puppeh certainly knows its person 8O

31. Omg, my name is maia!

32. Sharpy says:

that’s a rockin’ name, btw!

33. Fird Birfle says:

“does this bed, make my butt look big??” ;)

34. That is a sweet but guilty face! :)
    Bella and DiDi