OK, So Everything Is Mostly Terrible

Ordinarily, the blog Everything is Terrible lives up (down?) to its title, a treasure trove of 20th century video absurdity, bad acting, obscure how-tos, all sliced and diced into bite-sized nuggets (a few of which aren’t safe for work, just FYI).

But once in a rare while, they unearth something that isn’t the least bit terrible, especially if you like Teh Qte. In that spirit, enjoy Puppy Party.

Comments

1. Is it just me, or do most of these dogs look miserable? Although I’d be pretty unhappy in that sweater, too.

2. JenDeyan says:

It’s not just you. I was thinking that most of the doggies agreed with the title of the website. “Everything is terrible.”

3. Heather says:

This is simultaneously the best and the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

4. Soundtrack courtesy of Keyboard Cat.

5. Jezriyah says:

Yeah, this is pretty standard “why is this thing on me” level boring.

Although the one in the tutu looks ECSTATIC enough to make up for all the rest.

6. Amy R. says:

Thank you for introducing me into the best worst site ever.

7. Doddeh are thinking “Why you do this to me mommy?”

8. flutterbye says:

LOL!

9. januaryfarmer says:

Cooperative doggies….jazzy sounds

10. Okay some looked like they werent happy but the pug was all i am a refined dog.. And the poodle mix in the tutu couldnt be happier and admit it as soon as she showed up on the screen you smiled :)

11. Perhaps not EVERYTHING. I think it looks like most of the goggies are thinking to their owners “You…you are terrible. And I shall be gnawing on the most expensive shoes I can find in your closet while you sleep.”

12. The pug in the Cosby sweater wins!

13. Fird Birfle says:

wow I must be weird b/c I enjoyed this and many other peeps are not enthusiastically positive.

Mind you, I’m watching this on a compooter w/o any audio at all (shared computer lab and atrociously penny-pinching, second-hand, column computers, 4 terminals for over 150 residents …)

14. Be glad for no audio in this case, I think that was the worst attempt at elevator music these ears have ever had the misfortune of carrying to my brain.

15. Fird Birfle says:

So THAT’s the key !! :)

I hope you took some of your post-surgery pain meds, to heal your brain’s tr@uma over the “alleged” music. :)

16. Ozbirds says:

I’m with you Fird…the only thing terrible about this for me was that it was too short.

17. Mary (the first) says:

Dogs didn’t look terrible to me, maybe some a bit resigned but others seemed pretty pleased with themselves and their outfits.

18. Nah, I gave up before the end. Let pets be pets and don’t try to turn them into miserable humans. Poor things!

19. Indeed I did ;-)

20. I HATE dressed-up animals! Dogs are dogs not ‘pretend humans’.

21. lucinda says:

HURRAY SOMEBODY SENSIBLE! Dressing up animals in clothes is just plain silly. Treat them as pets not replacements for human babies, you end up with happier and nicer pets.

22. Um, that was really pretty bad! I gave up before the end, too. Dressed up animals, bad music, garish background colors, odd transitions between pictures — need I continue? I think the original posting site got it right……

23. Perhaps this should have been titled, “Dogs Plotting Revenge on Owners.” Except the poodle of course, she looked like she was just happy to be on camera.

24. Rachael says:

I don’t see anything wrong with dressing your dog in a sweateauw, costume, etc., as long as it’s not causing them any pain. It’s fun for us (the owners) and just a minor blip on their radar screens. It’s okay for us to make them do tricks for our amusement so why not dress them up for some chuckles?

Love the poodle in the tutu but most of all, I loved the bloodhound at the end. That was worth waiting for. :)

25. loribelle says:

Yes, Miss Tutu was the best part!

26. I’d say quite a few of them also have the “okay haven’t I done enough already to earn that treat that I know is in your hand” look going on.

27. ceejoe says:

I’m with you guys – they’re all cute, and they can all come party at my house!

28. Stella says:

What? No star wipe??!! Oh wait. There it is.
    “star wipe…and…out”
    (bloodhound dies of embarrassment)

29. Stressfactor says:

Sometimes it’s even required. My little Rat Terrier has neither a thick coat of fur nor a lot of body fat so Midwest Winters are the definition of miserable for her. A coat or sweateu is absolutely a must for going outside in January.

30. bruceo says:

That’s the hallmark and the genius of E.I.T.

31. That was terrible, because there was in fact no party at all!

32. phred's mom says:

Totally agree, Denise. My second pet peeve, after drivers not using their
    directionals, is animals in human-style outfits. Most of this vid was possible
    only because most doggies will do ANYTHING for their alpha human.

33. emudoug says:

<3 EIT. Hope thi introduces more people to their awesomeness. STAR WIPE!!!

34. phred's mom says:

A sweater or coat in winter is a necessity for some pets; completely different
    from cutesy costumes for giggles. I realized a long time ago the reason so
    many teeny poodles are cranky is that they are embarrassed by the nail
    polish, barettes, foofy bows that their mistresses (can I say that?) put on
    them. MORTIFIED, I TELL YOU!

35. phred's mom says:

why does my Ipad think I am writing in meter? grrr

36. yolanda says:

I couldn’t stand the music, so I turned it off. then I found the images so pedestrian that in spite of the cute subjects, I turned off the video too. I never would have believed a video of cute puppies could be boring. How did they do that? It’s masterful!

37. Terrible? Yup. With a hefty dose of fromage, huh?, and yawwwwn thrown in for good measure. 10/10! But I didn’t like it.

38. Texas2Step says:

This video was saved only be the snazzy soundtrack. Otherwise, it was pretty terrible.

39. Joanne says:

Rabbits would never stoop so low.

40. bob drummond says:

After all this I need a good stiff drink !

41. Melissa says:

That music was pretty terrible!

42. It’s so demeaning to put such ridiculous outfits on our four-legged friends. :-(

43. Fird Birfle says:

Wilford Brimley at 1:18 !!!

44. Sharpy says:

i don’t know, i think trolls look good in festive underpants!

45. I think this music should be the official soundtrack of Cuteoverload.

46. Fird Birfle says:

It’s a fine idea. :)
    OTOH, Theresa has also made a Darn Good Case for “Yakkety Sax” ….

Anyone??

47. smileymily47 says:

the last is like “LEAVE ME ALOOOOOONE!!!!”

48. smileymily47 says:

i believe so :)

49. Mostl of those dogs look sad in their costumes except for the dog in the scarf!