Do You Cutedoku? #2

Hey CO Peeps, another Sudoku just for you! This one ees a leetle beet trickier. Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3×2 box contains one hammie, bulldog, skwerlio, bun, kitten and puppeh. Solve it in the comments! How hard can it be?!

We know it’s not easy to concentrate with all this epic cute, but you can do eet!

Comments

1. Hammie bulldog puppy Kitten squirrel bunny
    kitten bunny squirrel puppy bulldog hammie
    squirrel kitten bunny hammie puppy bulldog
    puppy hammie bulldog squirrel bunny kitten
    bunny squirrel kitten bulldog hammie puppy
    Bulldog puppy hammie bunny kitten squirrel

2. victoreia says:

Having never gotten the hang of sudoku, I’ll just gaze at the cute……

3. ZeppthePug says:

Ham Bull Pup Kit Sqwerl Bun
    Kit Bun Sqwerl Pup Bull Ham
    Sqwerl Kit Bun Ham Pup Bull
    Pup Ham Bull Sqwerl Bun Kit
    Bun Sqwerl Kit Bull Ham Pup
    Bull Pup Ham Bun Kit Sqwerl

4. LisaLassie says:

Oh please, Cute Overload. I can’t do regular sudoku. And you expect me to stop drooling over each of these long enuf to figure out how to do it? I’ve already tried putting each critter into a different one of my pockets. It didn’t work. Please send me the actual animals so I can try hands on. Thank you.

5. ZeppthePug says:

Did I win?!? :)

6. hamster, bulldog, puppy, kitten, squirrel, bunny
    kitten, bunny, squirrel, puppy, bulldog, hamster
    squirrel, kitten, bunny, hamster, puppy, bulldog
    puppy, hamster, bulldog, squirrel, bunny, kitty
    bunny, squirrel, kitten, bulldog, hamster, puppy
    bulldog, puppy, hamster, bunny, kitteh, squirrel

7. h d p k s b
    k b s p d h
    s k h b p d
    p h d s b k
    b s k d h p
    d p b h k s

where:
    b = bun
    d = bulldog
    h = ham
    p = pup
    s = squirrel

8. … doin’ mah cutedoku in the mod lounge.

9. is that Pancake?!

10. How did you solve the 3 and 6th line? I got down to everything solved save the Bun/Ham & Ham/Bun, but there was no way to choose which went on what line, they both fit. Ham/Bun and Bun/Ham! Not nice Cuteoverload! Give us a puzzle with ambiguous clues!

11. Keersten says:

There should be an App for this! Or this there already?

12. skippymom says:

Damn it, I’ve been away from here for over a week and now I’m back and my comments won’t show up. *shaking fist in general direction of CO*

13. skippymom says:

um, okay

14. I’m one of those “smart, but not smart” types, so I decided I needed a visual aid to solve this one.

The solution (I theenk): http://t.co/COiKtliz

15. :lol: Welcome back skippymom.

16. Give the man a cigar!

17. skippymom says:

Thanks, Gigi! Nice to see you.
    I was on vacation last week, and then having computer “issues” so playing it super safe, but you know, what the hell, eh?

18. Har! me too! do u think they will stay still long enough?

19. That’s interesting, Missy Pants. I use a real Sudoku template with a copy of the solution. So,

3rd line should be: skwerl, kitten, bunny, hammie, puppy, bulldog
    6th line should be: bulldog, puppy, hammie, bunny, kitten, skwerl

But like I always say, in CO, there are no right or wrong answers, only Cute!

20. Wow, Starfish! It’s beeoootifulz!

21. ZeppthePug says:

The key is in looking at what is present in each box, as well as the rows and columns. If you switched the order of the ham and bun in the third row, then the ham would overlap with another ham in an adjacent 2×3 box.

Not the best explanation ever. Sorry. I’m just a big puzzle nerd.

22. duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!

23. victoreia says:

*giggles*

24. Rachael says:

Welcome back, oh Great Whack Job (and I mean that in the best possible way, of course). *hug*

25. viera catlady says:

Unfortunately this sudoku is only “cute” …but it is not correct. There are 2 possible answers. On the 3rd and 6th lines the Bun Ham and Ham Bun are interchangeable. Cuteoverload must go back to cutedoku school.

26. I reiterate the petition I made on the previous installment of Cutedoku(TM): Tabletop version, please. With for realsies pupsters and hampsters and bulldogsters and kittensies and sqwerlios and bunbuns. And make it 9 x 9. No, 12 x 12! No, 15 x 15!!! No, make it infinite x infinite!!!
    *brains melt in a puddle, overflown with the idea of infinite little cutedoku-animals everywhere*

27. LisaLassie says:

Oh, skippymom, such poor timink. Has anyone told you that you happened to be away on the one week CO was actally giving away realio trulio warm and furry animals who have appeared on site to regulars? Like you? Only you were away. Oh wait….they said NOT to tell you. Oops.

28. skippymom says:

IS THIS TRUE?!! *shoots self in head*

29. skippymom says:

*blushing*

30. Fird Birfle says:

*places a Hello Kitty Bandaid on the gunshot wound*

*feels helpless*

31. Fird Birfle says:

Stands by with little tin of Hello Kitty bandaids, unsure what to do …

Maybe I should go get a copy of one of Proust’s works, for mie.
    Y’all think that’s what’s needed, here??

32. skippymom says:

Ah, all better, thanks to the magic healing powers of the Hello Kitty. Thanks, FB.

33. I worked it out before looking at the thread, and got the same solution that Julia, Zepp, Pyrit, Mandy, and Starfish did.

Can we do cryptograms next?