Rocky-A-Bye Baby

(pup falling asleep) Ohhh I really love this great chin rest.

(raccoon waking up) Ohhh every time I move, my stomach growls.

Keep your chin up, Tyler B.

1. Fird Birfle says:

(in a GOOD way!!!)

also: YAY “sleppy” Tag!!!

2. WendyLady says:

Well that’s one way to keep the racoons out of the garbage. Well done pup, well done. :D

3. At the risk of losing a finger or two, I’d like to gently pet the top of this pup’s nose starting from between the eyebrows and ending at the nose with a gentle boop.

4. You’re all right, I just have this thing about letting sleeping dogs lie. (or is it lay?) If someone tried to pet my nose while I was sleeping, I’d not be too cheerful about it.

(OK, this is clearly MY issue. *slinks off to ponder*)

5. Fird Birfle says:

no no trix you’re fine :)
    Your point about boops on sleeping dogs’ noses ….makes sense to moi
    (if that helps?)

6. Goldens have to sleep cheerfully, wake cheerfully and be all-around cheerful all the time. It’s in the Golden Manifesto.

7. Fird Birfle says:

I never knew, before, that GR’s have a Manifesto.

*is impressed*

8. Madame X says:

Lose a finger? Lose your heart more likely! Goldens are angels wrapped in caramel fur…

9. 260Oakley says:

That stuffed raccoon may suddenly spring to life and chomp your hand, but you have nothing to fear from the golden retriever. Heck, he/she will probably let you prop your chin up on the stuffie and then offer to go and get you a biscuit. Loves me some good-natured golden dogs.

10. I can’t imagine there’d be any risk of losing a finger. I think goldens are made for booping.

11. With a Golden the only thing you risk by petting him is being thoroughly liked.

12. 260Oakley says:

Sent to the Mod Lounge for praising Golden Retrievers???

13. aye…they’re fickle in the lounge. Here…have a cookie.

14. 260Oakley says:

Much obliged, ma’am.

15. Is it true that the wait staff in the Mod Lounge are all golden retrievers? But, in order for them to deliver treats to us, don’t we first have to throw the treats so the goldens/wait staff can retreive and deliver them? I’m very confused now. And yes, I’m blonde like many golden retrievers.

16. I dunno. I’ve dogsat a couple goldens, and they have the “go and get” part of retrieving down pat, but they were pretty shaky on the concept of “bring back” and especially of “let go.”

17. “On Golde Retreiver”.. Can’t you hear the loons off in the distance?

18. Arghhhhh golden not golde.

19. 260Oakley says:

“The ‘coons, Norman, the ‘coons!”

20. ROFLMAO!

21. Fird Birfle says:

Katharine Hepburn in On Golden Pond

22. JLAMusings says:

23. I luff you Rocky.

24. Fird Birfle says:

— Signed,

25. “Rocky, watch me pull a golden retriever out of a stuffed racoon’s throat. Whoops, wrong throat.”

26. Miss Schnozz has a big crush on a handsome strapping Golden in our neighborhood… I think she’d be devastated if she knew how much of a softie they really are.

27. My Lily chihuahua had a huge crush on my parents’ goofy golden (who was so intimidated by her smallness that he’d walk behind furniture and around the perimeter of the room to avoid walking past her). One day my brother said of Lily, “Is she…. prancing???” And sure enough, she was prancing like a horse to try to attract the big guy’s attention. Funniest thing ever!

28. Lol tracylee…Ms. Schnozz too??!! Shakti has a thing for goldens too. If they’re blonde and young, she chases them. She’s such a cougar.

29. BOOP!

30. gwennaelle says:

Are you fricking kidding me?? I you guys are going to kill me with cute.

31. victoreia says: