THIS JUST IN: Look What the Cat Brought Home

KSBW in California is reporting a fawn born on a Pacific Grove home’s welcome mat. Talk about your mat-ernity ward. Be sure to wipe your feet!

We posted this as soon as we herd, Barbara C.L.

Comments

1. wwelcome to the world, beautiful!

2. Click on the link in the caption above the picture for more about this.

3. What?!! Wipe your feets on this beebee? How dare you! *sticks little deerlet in jacket and sneaks away*

4. That photo was posted on here yesterday (or was that the day before) then I clicked on the link read the story and when I came back the photo had disappeared !!

I new I did not dream it !!!

5. 260Oakley says:

I’d love to find a pile of doe on my doorstep.

6. OMG, what a sweetheart! What a sweet look of utter vulnerability! I can’t stands it, I tells ya! And ya can’t make me!!

7. Happy birthday little one <3

8. Video of the new babeh, mommy, and an orange cat curious about the whole affair:

9. Last week my finacee and I were checking out a piece of property to buy and we were walking thru a glen and she stopped me and pointed out a new born fawn.. she could tell cause it was still wet.. we had spotted the mother earlier.. My finacee suspected the fawn was born within the last hour. as we watched the fawn stood up sakily and started to walk towards us.. My financee yelled.. run away to me.. hehe she did want the fawn to think of us as its mother.. so we did.. hope all ended well for it..

10. alright… *sneef* who’s cutting up those onions in here?! *sneeff*

(thanks for the video of the brand-new bebeh :) )

11. Must be Snow White’s house because momma doesn’t seem concerned at all about this strange person with the camera.

12. D’awwwww. Sweet little baby!

13. Oh deer! :-) Happy Birthday!

14. is a rule of cute when your back leg is half the length of your body??

15. Martha in Washington says:

Why are deer never born on my front porch? What am I doing wrong?

16. Mary (the first) says:

I wanted to see the mama come and get the bebeh! But clearly she needed to eat. This is much too sweet. *sigh*

17. The little critter is so compact. Like it’s trying to curl up into as small a lump as possible.

18. bob drummond says:

Me too, Oakley, me 2 !! Some people have all the luck !!!! Others don’t- Awwww Nuts !

19. bob drummond says:

DOH! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOE !!!

20. victoreia says:

Hey!! Where are you taking little Bambi-kins?!?

21. Reply to ash:
    ash
    April 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

is a rule of cute when your back leg is half the length of your body??

I have been advocating a “Disproportionate Limbs Are Cute” rule for YEARS now!
    See: baby deer, baby moose, ponies, corgyn, dachshunds, Munchkin cats, baby flamingos, etc., etc. When your limbs are apparently WAY too long/short for your body, face it, it’s cute!

22. Fird Birfle says:

23. Fird Birfle says:

*applause*

24. Fird Birfle says:

*sits nearby, waiting for the answer, so that my front porch will also
    give birth to a fawn, soon*

25. Fird Birfle says:

RAY — a drop of golden suuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn…..

26. I just might eeeeeeever so gently tickle him/her with my toes, is that all right?

27. Oh my, at the very end of the video, is there someone in the inside sticking a “do not use door, fawn outside” note on the inside of the door?

28. tommygirl says:

Someone swaddle this thing pronto!

29. Yes, toe-teeckles are perfectly in order. Carry on.

30. orangeeeeena says:

[In my best Varuka Salt voice]

I want a bebeh fawn on my welcome mat and I want it NOWWWWW!

31. I’ve seen kitten puddles, but have never seen doe puddles before. Amazingks!

32. We don’t have baby deer born on our door mat, but nearly every year we do have at least one born in a grove of trees at the edge of our property. They are so cute, especially when they first try to figure out how to make those insanely long legs all go in the same direction at once.

Our cats also like to watch the deer, but they are indoor only boys, so they have no choice but to keep their distance.

33. Fird Birfle says:

WHAT DO I HAVE TO PAY, to move in on your property, Berg????????

(don’t worry I’m pretty poor so I prolly couldn’t afford it ennyhow :) )

34. Fird Birfle says:

*whines in solidarity*

35. Fird Birfle says:

my guess wud be that that ackshually/ prolly IS a relevant survival of the most-fragile tip from the Fawns’ Handbook….

36. Fird Birfle says:

“I think somebody needs a tiiiiiiiiiiiii-ckle!!!!”

37. bob drummond says:

ME – a name I call myself …………….

38. emmberrann says:

FAH, a long, long way to run, like the Bahston Marathawn…..

39. doomchild says:

Fird, dear, I think you may be in for a little disappointment. See, it’s.. it’s not actually your front porch giving birth to a fawn. Actually, sometimes The Fawn Fairy rewards active cuteologists with fawns like this one. Be sure to check your backyard, porch, and check under the stairs too. Sometimes the fawns may move from the comvenient spot they’re originally placed.

*goes to re-check the cupboard for any fawns*

40. SO, adorable I’m ded!

41. doomchild says:

I think we can set up a camp, right to the edge of their property so Berg can’t really shoo us out. We could camp on the same edge where the faws are (just incidentally!)…

42. Fird Birfle says:

*winky-winky @ doomchild*

43. Fird Birfle says:

(heh heh @ emberrann & yaya — the so adorable line fits the riddim of the song!!!)

44. Fird Birfle says:

“Bu- wha’ –“?????? You mean there won’t be a live birth there?

I had the quilt all freshly laundered & everything ….

45. sleekityin says:

What a lovely deermat!

46. Fird Birfle says:

WELL DONE !!!!

47. sleekityin says:

:) The Deermat range is also available in Red, Roe, Sikka and Fallow styles.

(Disclaimer – all deermats to be used for ornamental purposes only. The supplier accepts no responsibility for neighbours absconding with your deermat for illicit snorgling.)

48. redvelvetrose says:

SEW – A needle pulling threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead…