The Pug Comes In on Little Cat Feet

It sits looking

Over Berber and shaggy

On silent haunches

And then moves on

Meaghan C., Reuben’s pug foo is strong but his toe foo defeeted us! Original poem is Fog by Carl Sandburg.

1. Cankles! :lol:

2. Lol! I was just thinking this puglet has ham-hocks myself.

3. Pianner legs! :D

4. Fird Birfle says:

now, Theresa, you KNOW that it’s indiscreet to refer to body parts, like that!!!
    The term “limbs” is preferred, in order not to corrupt young innocent minds…..

5. Are you trying to say “Won’t someone think of the puppies!!!??”?

6. Are you trying to say “Won’t someone think of the puppies!!!??”?

7. Fird Birfle says:

Sorta-kinda :)

Sorta-kinda :)

(Doan worry; it’s ALWAYS the fault of them conspirin’ keyboards…mine sabotages MY intentions, at least three times daily ……. )

8. Oh my doodness!

9. The little feeties!!!!! *keels over*

10. Fird Birfle says:

*pulls Hello Kitty Defibrillator outta the broom closet*

11. Fird Birfle says:

Also and related: THAT’s the WIDEST upper chest I’ve seen,
    this side of a pro football linebacker !!!!

12. Dibs on the curliqte tailio!

13. WHAT!! Clutch heart and fall off chair….smile on my face…I am finally in love!

14. warrior rabbit says:

Speaking of cat feet… here are some cat feet that are kicking the kibble out of an automatic feeder. NOMTOM, please work your magic.

15. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

I saw that video recently, and I may indeed write something up for it. In the meantime, everyone please watch; it’s amazing.

16. 260Oakley says:

Love the use of Kibble Cam in this video.

17. Please! Love to see what you’d do with it.

In the meantime, there’s a Mr Skinner in the lobby talking about a control group…

18. Warrior Rabbit for the WIN !!!!!

19. omg. *melts*…and GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! MINE MINE MINE!!! *all grabby hands with the pugster*

20. In honour of Carlio: to our Cute Overlords:

Proud to be:
    Pug Smoochers for the World,
    Nose Boopers, Makers of Squees,
    Site of the Big ResQtes.
    Players with Puppehs and Sock-Eyes;
    Marmies, Bundays,’Tocks and Talios:

Cute-Wranglers to the Nations.

21. warrior rabbit says:

Yay! We should have a page for all the community-created goodness (limericks, poems, etc.)

22. 260Oakley says:

Kudos to you and to Pyrit for showing such verse-atility.

23. Fird Birfle says:

oooooo 260 now THAT’s an EPIC homerun, ya got, THERE!!!

*one-person standing ovashe*

24. *stands on chair and applauds*

25. It appears from the poem that this little guy is adept at all types of piles….. carpet piles, that is. (Although who would begrudge him a couple of little pug piles?)

26. Prosh, definition of.

27. EAR FLAPS nomnomnom

28. My professional choir has a choral setting of ‘Fog’, of which I am quite fond. Lovely 3-part women (I sing ‘middle’), nicely sonorous and illustrative of the ‘comes…sits…then moves on’ of the poem.

However! Anybody who thinks that fog comes ‘on little cat feet’ hasn’t heard the little cat feet running around _my_ house at 3:00 am… More like major thunderstorm warnings…

29. victoreia says:

In my house, that’s referred to as the “dundering third”, and is usually accompanied by snarls and hissing noises.

30. Fird Birfle says:

izzit YEW who makes the snarls/ hissing noises, v ???? :)

31. victoreia says:

Only when they bring it onto my bed! Otherwise it’s the old “you kids knock it off!” yell.

32. This is too cute!