Diary Of A Kitty

Dear Diary,

There is a puppy here, now. Her name is “Lucy”.

I am doing all right, Diary, but it’s a very difficult transition for me.

I am usually the sole recipient of adoration in my house. Now their attentions are split. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t irritated.

“Lucy” evokes high pitched squeals for mundane acts like chewing on string.

They play this game called tug. Doesn’t look very dignified to me.

When the puppy’s been naughty, she gives this look, like she knows she’s been bad. It’s actually quite clever, because the humans coo over that, too.

I am being very tolerant in my opinion.

Well, Diary, that’s all for now. I’ll let you know how it’s going. Just between you and me and Josh N., I think Lucy might be growing on me.

1. It was a cute and heartfelt diary.

2. 260Oakley says:

I agree. A Kit Lit gem.

3. *Round of applause*

4. Fird Birfle says:

5. I love how Scrubby and Emma both want to play, but take breaks bewteen attacks and look at each other like This is a lot of work, but I’ll tackle you one more time.

6. It’s Lucy again!
    *grabby hands!*

gahhh as if she didn’t melt us all enough the first time, y’all have gone and submitted here again?? Yer keelllin’ me here!

7. Tracylee…I thought I shared the wolf pups with you all so I could steal Lucy..,.what’s going on with the universe??!!

She’s adorable :) I think she belongs over here with us. :)

8. I’ve barely recovered from our first Lucy fix and now this. The humanity!

9. Fird Birfle says:

Dear Kitty:
    Let’s consider the possible advantages to this development in your house.

NOW there’s someone new in the house who you could blame for things like
    that incident with the antique Ming vase …. *shifty eyes*

10. victoreia says:

11. I like that idea. I am sure both our cats (it is actually two cats, not one in these pictures) didn’t think that far, but now that you mentioned it…. ;-)

12. Madame X says:

Kitteh, you’re being beyond rolerant – you’re being a veritable saint!

13. OMG, best diary entries eevvaar…………..i is ded **

14. That last photo should have a tag of impending doom!! :lol:

15. The kitty’s face in both photos is priceless! Does anyone know the kitty’s name?

More Lucy and kitty, please!

16. Dear Berg, there are actually two cats in those pictures. The one in the box is Zoe and the other one, looking at Lucy sitting down is Maja (read Maya). I was Lucy’s foster mom. :)

17. I totally agree, more Kitty and Lucie !!

18. Ooooh it’s Lucy again! Another big [mwah!] on that leetle white spot on her forehead!
    But of course, I am particularly drawn to the beautiful GBCWGE!

19. OK I’ll bite, what does GBCWGE stand for?

20. Glossy Black Cat With Big Golden (or Green, as the case may be) Eyes! :)

21. I have one of those!

22. Lucky, lucky peep. What a handsome kitteh.

23. the jen ovah heah says:

only at CO can you get your recommended daily requirement of “Cute” and “Brilliant”.

i’d like another dose please.

24. FancyNancy says:

I want to know kitty’s name! I lof, lof, lof her… or him.
    Those stunning eyes and that coat…GAH!
    So shiny and (big sigh)… so beautiful…

25. Thank you for those compliments! I will pass them on to both our kitties. The kitty in the box is our princess Zoe (no, seriously, I think she thinks she is an enchanted princess – lol) and the one sitting down looking at Lucy without a grain of faith something good can come out of it is Maja :) Lucy is now with a wonderful couple and I get updates on a regular basis. Given her new dad is also a photographer, I may convince him to send in some more pictures ;-)

26. Yes! That is one fabulously gorgeous kitteh.

27. The kittie’s name is Zoe :)

28. snoopysnake says:

Zoe is one gorgeous kitty! I like her tag that matches her eyes.

29. Josh, what’s the back story on Lucy and Zoe? I remember you saying Lucy had gotten adopted – did you adopt her?

30. The foster mom has two cats, Zoe and Maja. Both are black beauties. She fostered Lucy until she was old enough to be spayed. Once she was spayed she got adopted in .01 seconds to a lucky family in the SF Bay Area!

31. .01 seconds… lol… thanks for sharing the pics and the story!

32. Ceejoe, Lucy got adopted by a couple here in San Francisco. She was quite a feisty little girl and had the cutest, bear cub like growl when picked up and handed from one person to the next. Also, she was a food guarder (typical for puppies taken away from the rest of the litter too soon). She didn’t pass behavior at the shelter, but I got her adopted out anyway to this couple that will be signing little Lucy girl up for puppy classes. She is still the cutest and her little tail doesn’t know when to stop once it starts wagging :)

33. Lucy really has mastered the PRINCESS DI eyes, hasn’t she?

34. metsakins says:

as a cat, I don’t really know who to look sorry!!!

bwahahahaha, so true!

35. 6rabbits says:

That was my fave part, too!

36. emmberrann says:

Mine, three. Kittehs have no reference to “sorry.”

37. I love that line as well. :)

38. That glare from the box!!!!

39. Heee…that is the glare I got from my chief cat every time I brought new kittehs into the household.

Kitteh thinking this….

40. Fird Birfle says:

A MOST excellent moment from Cinema for thees Moment in Cuteness, Saffron!!!

*wild, approving applause from the audience, which leaps to their feet*

41. <3 Fird

42. OMG just realized she’s wearing a kitty collar and it’s still big on her!!

43. Anne, none of the dog collars fit her. Also, she was so small, I was having a hard time locating her in our rather large apartment. The little bell on it was a lifesaver.

44. Cleosmom says:

Wow, picture 3 – if looks could kill …. or incinerate. Those are amazing, if slightly scary, eyes.

45. Catwhisperer says:

“If looks could incinerate” = my new favorite phrase!

46. Mary (the first) says:

I foolishly always took a vote whenever I had the urge for a puppy and was (of course) always outvoted. (The NO’s were resounding!) Now that I’m kitteh and puppehless, I’m thinking I could get the dog first and then there would be no voting required. The new kittehs would have to be ok with the existing dog. Thank you to Lucy and Kitty for helping me realize this. And, they’re gorgeous.

47. Mary (the first) says:

Hmm. Moderation again. And it’s too early for margaritas. Dang.

48. victoreia says:

You used the password again. P*ppy. It’s like cuke-cumber.

49. victoreia says:

Aaaand, I forgot the key syllable in the pre-pickled pickle……

50. Fird Birfle says:

*sympathetic giggle*

51. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, Mary.

52. Last entry in the diary – things are not going so well. http://i.imgur.com/vj6X2.jpg

53. FancyNancy says:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha……. priceless!

54. She’ll get over it! :)

55. Zoe looks so evil here :-D LOL

56. I guess my cat is not very dignified she plays tug just like the puppy. Although in a more determined manner with thoughts of “I’m going to rip that string from your clutches, take it to a dark quiet corner and devour it like my ancestors would a zebra”.

57. victoreia says:

Excuse me, but I think we need a “Mass Hysteria!” category here….dog & cat living together, and all…..

Dr. Peter Venkman

58. LOVE this, especially how you can’t tell until the last pic how tiny Lucy is!!

59. KittyMarthaPoo says:

foto #3 – Kitty lurks in the shadows carefully plotting her revenge… =^..^=

60. Is this the “1B4” (see the box lid) Lucy learned her first major life lesson?

NEVER go on the cat condo!!!

Dun-dun DUUURRRNNNN.

61. This should have been under Josh’s post yesterday at 10:36.

62. ADOOOOORABLE. Wondering wich breed is sweet lucy…

63. Marie, the best guess is half Chihuahua and half Pomeranian. I guess we’ll never know for sure :)

64. Here are all of the Lucy vs. Zoe and Maja pictures I have from Josh N. Enjoy!

I guess Josh has more, though, because I don’t have the one of Zoe in the box and Lucy in front of it.

65. hot tams says:

HABHAHAHAH!!! Love the diary entry and the way the cat is glaring at the pup HABLHAHAH!!