Mad Kit-tea Party

Via our Twitter feed, the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue brings you a very merry unbirthday present: Six cuddly kittens getting curiouser and curiouser before settling down for some liquid refreshment. One lump or two — or six?

Comments

1. OMG, seriously? I haven’t even had my caffeine yet! This is too much redonkulousness for an unsuspecting Tuesday morning! That fluff, those eyes! That inability to hold themselves upright without teetering. And those teeny yet demanding meows!!! ACK!!

2. I’ll take mine with two lumps – I mean kittens! please…

3. Aw, man, c’mon! I’m already hemming and hawing over fostering a a kitten from the local no-kill shelter! (The kittens are felv+ and the shelter can’t provide long-term care for felv+ kitties. Being as I have a felv+ cat already, it would be safe for me to foster/adopt one or two.)

And now you show me these sweeties? Oh man…

My girlfriend’s going to kill me…

4. Pointy tailio alert!

5. do eet!!

6. Why, today is my Unbirthday too! Thanks for the party! I’ll just take one, that’s quite sweet enough!

7. I Love Cats & Ferrets says:

I’m going to have my sugar levels checked – this is just so sweet! Oh the cuteness!! There is nothing like a kitten “mew” to melt the heart.

8. Go for it!!

9. OH MY GOSH!! A tortie mama and six little tortie babies!! Tortoiseshells are seriously underrepresented in the cuteness world-even though THEY know they are the best. At least mine thinks she is. Thanks Cute Overload! :)

10. 260Oakley says:

Think of the hours of fun and a-mewsment a kitten would provide…

11. Since I am an old f*rt the flute music hurt my earses.
    Much prefer to hear the flute or piccolo like this….

12. also known as carrot tail! :)

13. Chris B. says:

Momma looked quite content feeding that crew….

14. Oh my!! I don’t think I can wait until I get home, I’m going to have to sneak out of the office and watch that on my iPod in the wi-fi coffee shop.

15. marthava says:

Other than my burst eardrums, I’ll really enjoyed these kittehs.

16. I need to scoop up all of them in my arms and bury my face in the floof. Then place mama and babies in a blankie-lined basket and run. Must do. Now!!

17. Did she cloned her kids or what? No matter, they are going to be as gorgeous that their mom. (Also tentative claw at 0:22 killed me . I nearly cooed at the screen ‘no sweetie, no claw, good kitty’

18. it would be worth it! :)

19. Fird Birfle says:

did ennybuddy notice the leetle teensy pointy-pokey clawlets??
    They stand out so, against the fuzzy black fuzz.

20. It was!!! OMG babies !!! The demanding little meows! The suckling!
    But I could of done without the flute, but oh well…OMG babies !!! The demanding little meows! The suckling! Did I say that already?

21. I would definitely want them for my unbirthday! And I have a real birthday coming up next month!

22. Mary (the first) says:

My exact thought also.. “do eet!”

23. Mary (the first) says:

Tortie? All I saw was mostly black with touches of white. ??

24. Mary (the first) says:

Did anyone notice kitteh #3 nibbling his own elbow for a second at about :26 ?

25. Yesss! He was discovering how deeeleeeshus he is!!!

26. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

I believe we have a Rule #35 sighting, people!

27. victoreia says:

That’s it. The standards for the rest of the day have been set impossibly high. I should just go back to bed.

28. Yes, do eet! Felv+ kittens are particularly hard to find fosters for. If you do it, you will have the undying gratitude of the shelter staff as well as my own!

29. I won’t stop you. :mrgreen:

30. Adopt the little kitty, the *Other* Other Jen :D

31. Also known as flag pole tail :D

32. I will help you, clara :D

33. I know where we can go, clara. We need to go to 2768 West Broadway
    Vancouver BC Canada :D

34. Look at around their eyes, they already have touches of rust and apricot. Mama is a tortie too, a dark one. My cat looked totally black when she was born and now she’s very tortoiseshell, mostly rust, grey and black.

35. I think that’s the happiest bleepy bloopy music I’ve ever heard. Oh and the kittens are cute too.

36. Yes at :47
    Have to go brush my teef now.

37. oooops more like :27
    (too overwhelmed to read numbers correctly. I’m sure you understand)

38. That poor mama. They always look like they’re being eaten alive when they’re nursing kitties almost as big as them.

These aren’t quite there but poor mama’s got to multi-task and feed the kids and clean them at the same time.

39. LOL, I just needed to comment on this! Yesterday (the date of this post) was my birthday hahaha!!!!!

40. Thank you so much for sharing the video Cute Overload! So happy that everyone loves it. And thanks for posting a link to VOKRA too!

I’m fostering these little ones at the moment and they are excited to have their video seen by so many kitty lovers :-)

Thanks so much!!!

41. Thanks for sharing this! You can see more of the kittens on our VOKRA facebook:

42. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Then today must be your UNbirthday! :D

43. snoopysnake says:

Okay, time for me to show my ignorance. When a mama cat has more kittens than she has nipples, do the “extra” kittens share? Or are they just excluded and left to fend for themselves (i.e. hopefully be fed by a human.) I’ve read that the kittens instinctively know which nipple is theirs. Any of you who’ve seen extra large litters know the answer?