Lotus Has Pipes, Peeps!

Not since Michigan J. Frog has there been a performance as stirring as this up and coming star’s latest concert. Lotus started the show with some classics; our favorite was a very bluesy and soulful rendition of “I Fall to Pieces”. The act ended with the more recent “Firework” and blew this audience away. Even with a 4 minute standing ovation, Lotus would not grace us with another song.

Much like Frog, her concerts are done for an audience of one. When another person comes into the room, it’s crickets. For some reason, her voice doesn’t record, no matter the machine or program. But, you can believe us, Lotus sings. Really. We’re totally not crazy. We always refer to ourselves in plural.

Update 4/24/12: And because you asked for it, Mouf-hance!

Sure, Cam, we believe you.

Comments

1. What if she pounds a few brews? I bet she’ll be all “DON’T YOU WANT ME BABY”

2. victoreia says:

Ah, I’ve always had a soft spot for Michigan J. Frog….. <3

3. “The hiiiiilllls are aliiiiiiiiive
    with the sound of muuuuuuuuusic….”

Or, is it “Un bel di vedremo…”?

4. Queen of Dork says:

Oh my gosh! She’s so pretty! I’ll bet her voice is divine.

5. peeeeeg mouf!

6. 260Oakley says:

Lotus Lenya performing her famous role in “The Three Piggy Opera.”

7. Or “Pigoletto”?

8. On Lotus’ next performance:

9. Fiiiiigaro ! Fiiiiiigaro ! Fiiiiiiigaroooooooooo!!!!!!!!

10. The front teeth and abundant whiskers absolutely slay me. What a little cutie!

11. You can’t sneak an opera reference past me. :P

12. Disney’s at the door and they’re talking movie franchise. Or maybe an animated tv show.

13. Queen of Dork says:

I fall to pieces!

14. I bet Lotus could sing a duet with Bianca Castafore.
    Ahhh je ris de me voir si belle en ce mirroir…

if you don’t know La Castafiore… http://www.tintinmilou.free.fr/faust/faust.htm

15. victoreia says:

Oh, thanks, Theresa!

16. victoreia says:

Why not both?

17. The Original Jane says:

You beat me to it! :)

18. The Original Jane says:

Well since Lotus is a ‘she’ AND named after a flower – this seems appropriate:

19. Clearly singing a song from the Broadway musicale Hare.

20. Oh, seriously I thought it was a bunneh at first…..am off to the doctor to get my eyeglass prescription changed… :)

21. Oceanview says:

Or “The Marriage of Pigaro”? Or “Pigliacci”? Or “Pigmalion”? OK, enough already.

22. Or something by Ottorino Respiggy? (Unfortunately, there’s no vocal part in “The Swines of Rome.”)

23. Fird Birfle says:

LOOK BOSS ZEE TOOF!!!!!

24. Fird Birfle says:

wild, fanatical applause breaks out nationwide

25. Fird Birfle says:

Ah eeez reee-minded of the video clip of zeee leetle fellow (weeth similarly wedge-shaped toofie(s) ) who ‘av YAWNED ‘eez deesapproval, straight at zee camera…..

26. Fird Birfle says:

Does M.J. Frogge have a waiting line for prospective spouses???

Signed,
    Sucker for an Overly Dramatic Froggie-Poo weeth a Top’At.

27. LEETLE PEENK BOTTOM LIP!!

28. I don’t know, Firdie, have they legalized inter-species marriage in your state yet?

29. Porky and Bass?

30. Oh you youngsters . . . Let me show you how the grownups do it!

31. Oops, somewhat better video here:

32. “Iooo, pagliaaaciiooo!”

And with a much cuter mouth than Pavarotti’s, too.

33. ‘Sokay, Saffron. I was going to make a “Hamdel’s Water Music” joke when I realized she was a guinea pig.

34. Ali-Baba says:

All dis opera stuff is cool & all….but I keep hearing “Bohemian Rhapsody”!

“Let me goooooooo!”
    “No! We will not let you go!” :-)

35. Mamabear says:

I can hear her, can’t you? The leetle “ree ree ree”

I think she’s singing songs from the Broadway play: Peegmalion. Known to us humans as: My Fair Lady

She really wails on: “I could have Reee’d All Night”

36. I was actually hoping Lotus would sing some Adele…

37. People, you ain’t seen opera until you’ve seen this!

38. pinkmariposa says:

so prosh!

39. the grown ups obviously do so much better. hoho.

40. God, I love Schickele.. He came to my college when I was a mere tot. :D

41. That a really gorgeous, expressive peeg. They don’t usually have that much expression do they? Regardless, super cute!

42. Fird Birfle says:

Florida IS in the Southland….stranger things have happened in the South …*shifty eyes*

43. Fird Birfle says:

you were a tot, once??

*shifty eyes*

44. Fird Birfle says:

–wait, that didn’t come out right. What I MEANT, was ….–

*sigh*

45. Fird Birfle says:

I MEANT, that it seemed you were likely born already a college student !!!
    REALLY!!!

46. Theresa dun knowed EVERYFINK music-related.

*jealous shifty eyes*

47. It’s the peenk lower lip that just sends me over the top.

48. Hey, Theresa, do you remember the old Saturday Night Live skit?

“B-B-B-Bess, you is m-m-my w-w-w-woman . . . . “

49. Garrett Morris! I loved Garrett Morris!

50. My dad says my brain is like the city dump. :D

51. Such fun!!!!!

52. Kariann65 says:

She is just adorable!! I’d love to hear her sing!

53. Yes, they do! I loved our little peeg’s pretty lips. Can we get a Cute-Hance on the mouf, please?

54. Thanks!

55. Love the little teefers

56. Back off, Theresa, Schickele is mine all mine!

I saw him live in ’79 or ’80. It remains to this day the hardest I’ve ever laughed in my life.

57. Did he come to your school, dressed as Saint Cecilia, with a long white robe, long golden wig and halo? :D

58. Well, since I was in college, I was a tot. You know, seven or eight years old. :P

59. Fird Birfle says:

Me too

60. Fird Birfle says:

You and Sheldon Cooper, eh, Theresa ????

61. Fird Birfle says:

(yelling at the top of his lungs)

“AND NOW, FOR THE HARD-OF-HEARING —

THE MAYOR …..[etc]” :)

62. “GENERALISSIMO FRANCISCO FRANCO IS STILL DEAD!”

63. Southern Fried Pugs says:

Okay, this is the third singing frog reference in a week for me. What is the universe trying to tell me? Of course, one reference was me when the library dug up its time capsule. A reporter asked why I wanted to be there when the time capsule was opened. I replied, “to see the singing frog come out of the box.” My interview didn’t make the broadcast.

64. 6rabbits says:

WHY is there no MOUF-hance?? HMMMMM…. *taps foot impatiently*

65. Fird Birfle says:

“Cecelia, you’re breakin’ ma heart,
    you’re shakin’ ma confidence, daily ….” :)

66. Fird Birfle says:

“to get to the other side!!!”

67. Fird Birfle says:

TEEF-HANCE !!!

68. Yay for the Mouf-hance!

69. Boy, is this bringing back memories. The times my friends and I went around yelling, “OUR TOP STORY TONIGHT . . . . ” (Not to mention “wild and crazy guys” and “Jane, you ignorant slut.”

70. We need to meet your Dad, Theresa.

71. Yay! Thank you for the Mouf-hance!

72. Other great Garrett moments:
    “Béisbol been berry good to me!”
    “Looord and Laaady D*******chebag!”

and my favorite:

73. Hi everyone, my name is Jen and I was Lotus’s owner. I say “was” because shortly after I got her, she developed some medical problems we fought very, very hard to overcome, but she passed away one week ago today. If you go to the Facebook page for Oswego County Guinea Pig Rescue, you can see what a huge following she had. I still can’t believe she’s gone..I miss her singing and I’m glad she blessed us with her presence for two short months. Thank you all for your comments about her picture.

74. 6rabbits says: