We’re Going Green Today

Do you know what on Earth for?

No, but we can HUM a few bars.

Happy Earth Day, Drew D. in Costa Rica, or wherever you are.

Comments

1. Eeeeeeeeeek, look at the teency baby beaks!!!

2. beautiful pics. of the birds. I will have to write a blog about my experence with baby birds

3. I know It Aint Easy for the peeps who were expecting Kermit.

4. PROSHest little nest and baby birdlings ever!!!!

5. The Original Jane says:

Oh how I would love to see a hummy nest (and babies) up close and in person. Sigh.

6. I’m not speaking to Kermit. He and I are THROUGH. :mad:

7. OMG ! SOOOOOOOOOO TEEENY !!!!

8. 260Oakley says:

Leetle humm-vees!

9. Oh. I don’t mean to jump to conclusions, but did Kermit love you and leap you? You should have toad us!

10. flutterby says:

Awwww-inspiring photo!!

11. Ellen W. says:

Last year a humming-mommy made her nest right by my dad’s office window (2nd floor) and, if I was very quiet and still, I could sometimes see the hummingbabies. It was wonderful, but until those babies fledged I was constantly worried about them. I’m sort of glad she didn’t nest there agian.

12. you can!! just go to ustream! i’m smitten with the decorah eagles but there’s a hummingbird nest called emma that i’m watching now too!

13. hrhqueencat says:

awww, pyrit, don’t ribbit in about Kermit – Theresa’s so croaked up about him :)

14. What beautiful coloring on mama bird!

15. Are the eggs about the size of a tic-tac? So teeny! *squeeeeee*

16. warrior rabbit says:

Maybe you should use this one on Mother’s Day…?

Also, there’s an ad to the side about Artwark. I really had to look twice, because I thought it said Artwank.

17. The Original Jane says:

Pretty much!

18. Teeny….teeny…..teeny *ded*

19. don’t tell Miss Piggy about Kermit and Theresa

20. *snerk*

21. thanks :)

22. wannadance says:

when looking at this pic with ‘soft eyes’ of night and mucho painkillers, i saw what looked like a faberge egg: made of precious gems. emerald and tourmaline nest, diamond water droplets, tiny bezel apatite/ emerald, etc on mama, ivory beaks.
    still not sure but what i am right. look closely, peeps and don’t look _for_ something specific. look for what you see. sounds goofy but it’s a talent which can be learned. let your vision go _soft_, slightly unfocused..

emerald dancer

23. LOVE!

24. Utter awe, Oak, utter awe.

25. Lovely, wanna-D. I’m glad I’m not the only one who does what you described.

26. i was thinking there’s got to be a jelly belly in there

27. It makes me happy to see this mama bird and babies. I just finished watching an episode of Natsume which was about a baby swallow. Their parents abandoned the nest, and the babies died. This made me feel much better.

28. Baby humming birds!! They must be so tiny!!

29. Queen of Dork says:

Oh, how beautiful! I was just admiring the hummingbirds in my backyard yesterday evening. One would come to sip from the feeder and I would holler to Princess of Dork to come and see and she would come running. :) (This played out three times yesterday)

30. Queen of Dork says:

Macey, I once heard on a nature show that humming bird eggs are the size of jelly beans!

31. Queen of Dork says:

You’re my hero, wannadance. I know what you mean about letting the vision go unfocused. It’s fun to do that with shadows, such as the shadows of tree leaves on the ground.

32. Fird Birfle says:

ditto.

33. What Angel said.

34. wannadance says:

now i can’t see the nest as anything BUT emerals… now i don’t know what it really is…peeps?? what is made of.,,