Lounge Lizard Don’t Care

where he lounges. You got some decorative iron work? He’ll lounge there. You got garden art? He’s gonna lounge all over that. You got a fence post? It’s already been loungeded.

You have scaled new heights, petitealien!

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

And here’s ANOTHER picture of Lounge Lizard, from the mid 1970s:

2. I have always assumed that this was a more modern term. It’s amazing what I learn from this site!

Great photo. This little fellow is welcome to lounge anywhere in my vicinity. I think he/she is far more decorative than the iron work.

3. victoreia says:

I’d say he could lounge away at my house, but the fur-kids would think “cat toy!”

4. Lounge on, you crazy diamond indeed!

5. I second your statement about learning from this site!

And I second your second statement about lounging in my vicinity. Including on a chaise longue.

6. STAAAAAAAR WAAAAAAARs! Give me those STAAAAARRR WAAAARRRS! You crazy, nutty STAAARRR WAAARS!

7. He would have to longue on a chaise longue. :P

8. I would call him a “flâneur,” non? :D

9. I’d love for him to lounge at my house.
    But with my 4 cats he woud soon be a lunged at lizard. ;-)

10. Longue lizard is longue.

11. The Original Jane says:

No, no – it’s a Pilates move and he needed a little help holding the position.

12. PS: Impressive eye capsules.

13. Loff me some loungin’ leezard!
    Is it wrong to want to gently stroke his lovely back?

14. No, I’d say that is perfectly normal. Just be sure to let the rest of us get a turn, too.

15. Queen of Dork says:

And incredible, perfect fingers! I love lizards! And peeps, Mojave Max the Tortoise just came out of hibernation here in the desert the other day. I wish I could find a link for you. He came out all covered in dirt and looking somewhat grumpy but completely lovely! :)

16. Queen of Dork says:

Here is Max! (Can you tell I lof heem?) In this photo, he must have shaken the dirt off his shell or somebody brushed it off because when he firt emerged, his shell was pretty dusty!

17. Yay Max! Yay, Queenie!

As for here, Harold the Mockingbird is yelling his head off on the neighbor’s satellite dish from about 6:00 AM until just after sunset. :D

18. Queen of Dork says:

How sweet, Theresa! I wish I could hear him. The birds in my backyard are singing their tail feathers off as well. So lovely! There’s this adorable little mouse at my job that runs back and forth in one of the outdoor areas. He picks up Mesquite pods in his mouth and then runs back under a bush. I told my co-worker that he told me his name is Bunny. All of the bees are named Fred. :)

19. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

20. Lounge lizard = honey badger?

21. Notice that lounge lizard has lost part of his tail and STILL don’t care, that’s how nonchalant HE is.

22. bob drummond says:

No , I don’t think so !! These R 2 different types of animals . You don’t want a Honey Badger for a companion nor a pet !!!!

23. earlybird1 says:

Honey badger don’t care either. :D

24. (<__>)

25. okaasan59 says:

We have lots of these lizards here at our home in Louisiana. They are very territorial with other lizards. My daughter found this out by catching them, numbering them with a sharpie, and then letting them go. No matter where she lets them go, they always find their way back to the exact spot where she caught them. They fight with other lizards on their way back. They’re like tiny dinosaurs.

26. 8O

27. Flowerfanatic says:

This little lizard is an Anole. We live in FL and have them everywhere. Losing part of their tail is a defense mechanism. A predator can catch them by their tail but won’t get the whole lizard. The tail will wiggle for several seconds after it’s removed so it distracts the predator and the lizard can get away. Tails will grow back but maybe not straight. We have boys who definitely have their own territories and will guard them from any interlopers. We have one that guards the front porch with his harem!! His favorite place to sit is on the back of my folding canvas chair. He can watch his domain quite nicely from there. One of the back yard ones guards his domain while sitting on the BBQ grill. We have a lot of fun watching their antics especially when they bob their heads and puff up their red dewlap and look FEROCIOUS!! Yeah, right. :) But the girls love them for it. And they’re not even embarrassed when breeding.

28. Fird Birfle says:

WOT

numbering them w/ a Sharpy??????? 8-O

29. sleekityin says:

Smart lizard – he’s using the ironwork as a cunning (a la “Blackadder”) disguise for the stubbularity of his tailio. (Which probably happened in a brave encounter when a silly hooman tried to pick him up by the non-bitey end.)

30. Leaving some mad love for the leez. <3

31. I just saw one of these beauties yesterday when I was out campaigning. It was in someone’s flowerpot by their door, so I stopped to take pictures. Maybe I’ll subit them & see if I can make the Qte cut.

32. Yeah there’s a better way to mark them for sure, but COOL sounds like you’re daughter’s a scientist!

– Biologist!