THIS JUST IN: Perturbingly Petite Pup

Preciously petite or perilously puny? That’s the question for Milly, the three-month-old chihuahua from Puerto Rico who, at only two and a half inches tall, could set the Guinness world record as the world’s smallest dog.

The current record holder is Boo Boo, a Chihuahua from Kentucky weighing 5.9 ounces.

Full story, more pics at stylist.co.uk.

Comments

1. For a tiny pup, that’s some epic side-eye.

2. kibblenibble says:

If her noggin doesn’t make Milly topple forward, that necklace will!

3. kibblenibble says:

Mod lounge. *Grabs brownie and cold glass of meelk*

4. victoreia says:

GOOGLY EYES!!!!

5. Starfish says:

From the pics in the article, there’s also some “lookin’ at first, throwin’ to third” going on.

6. Cream Cheese Brownies!

7. Those are some mighty potent 5.9 ounces!

8. Well caught. I wish we could have a “lookin’ at first, throwin’ to third” smiloticon.

9. I think, techinically, that is a bracelet. Possibly a kid’s bracelet. :D

10. Just heard this song on the NPR show Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me:

I didn’t know this website had a themesong.

11. kibblenibble says:

Hahahaha! :lol:

12. kibblenibble says:

Agreed, Theresa! :-) After I thought a bit more about my “toppling over” comment, I remembered that when i was very young, my family had a fox terrier-chihuahua mix, whose back legs would come up off the ground when he lowered his head to eat or drink. We fashioned him tiny sweateauws by cutting off a sweatshirt sleeve. Two holes for the front legs, the cuff became a turtleneck, and there you go! His name was Big Shot. :-)

13. makeitcuter says:

oh, my ! hai, cutest googler.

1. I really would like a necklace like that. i suddenly feel as if i no longer have any righteous jewelry such as this.

2. that dog a’int mad, bro! :D

14. Love those EYE CAPSULES!!!!!

15. Hanglyman says:

2 and a half inches? If my tape measure is correct, that means the picture of him on my screen is larger than the real dog! Can you believe that dinky pup has actually been “enlarged to show texture”?

16. this is the same person who did “Backwards on a pig bebeh monkey’

17. I LOVE the name Big Shot. My mother wanted me to name Dante “Hot Stuff.”

18. kibblenibble says:

Hee hee hee! What a sassy mom! Reminds me of mine.

19. Well great, now I’ll never get that out of my head!!

20. That’s definitely a “whatchoo lookin’ at” stare if I have ever seen one.

21. maybe i’m wrong, but i think you measure the shoulder height.
    compared to the grass that looks reasonable.

22. “Whatchoo talkin’ ’bout, Willis?”

23. For such an ounce-ular pup that’s some humongous eyeball action!

24. Jou heard me!

25. CathyDee says:

Remember how Sylvester the cat mistook the escaped baby kangaroo–Hippety Hopper– for a giant mouse? I think there’s something like that going on here . . . .

26. kzientek says:

I’m not getting a cute vibe from this one. It’s kinda freaky

27. He may be small but he has attitude to spare!

28. See, now they need to get Milly together with George here:

Would that not be epic? Unless George accidentally inhaled her or something.

29. I think it is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!

30. bob drummond says:

OH, BOY !!! Can I have one ? With a pumpkin spiced capy of course !!!

31. bob drummond says:

i agree with ya on this one ! that side eye glancel gives me the hibie gebies – brrrrrrr !

32. bob drummond says:

…. and please remember he a CHIHUAHUA and they’re known for their nasty temperaments !

33. who else wants to play dramatic prairie dog sound here?

34. sleekityin says:

Good call but was thinking some “gangsta rap” might be more appropriate since he has the bling and major “Chihuahuattitude”.

35. Queen of Dork says:

He reminds me of somebody. Some actor. What actor gets that same look and posture? I can’t think of it. It’s on the tip of my memory…

36. Giving people the sink-eye sort of loses its’ effect when doggeh is so cute!!

37. He looks so fragile!

38. Andi from NC says:

yep…

39. sleekityin says:

Don’t be deceived, last year I saw a Chihuahua frantically chase after a big black Labrador that just wanted to be friendly. The little guy was snarling and barking it’s head off and tried to reach up and bite the Lab on the nose. Happily it didn’t succeed but this came into my mind later on and I reckon it suits Milly in the pic:

Chihuahua turned T-Rex,
    Terrorising canine giants,
    With the dripping fang frenzy,
    Of a “small dog” complex.

40. I wouldn’t say they are nasty, more Napoleonic.

41. “stink-eye” …oops

42. having let one of these pint-sized pugilists into my life I can’t believe how impossible life without one seems. Never again will there not be a chihuahua in my pocket!

43. Peter Lorre?

44. Steve Buscemei?

45. victoreia says:

Yes. Illustration of “pocket pet”.

I move for said tag!!!

46. maybe just %} ?

47. Yes, I think Peter Lorre… as a baby? like, if he had been born a little too early?

48. I think this picture needs something next to him, like a coin or a mouse or something so we have some comparison.

49. ah, but what you don’t know is that he is standing on a putting green.

50. sorry, I mean she! Sorry, Milly!

51. I’m in the m-lounge! Does anyone have some cheese curls? (I’ve been having a bad time of it lately and that’s the only thing that will help.)

52. Yes, Sink Eye is the exact opposite of what is going on here. LOL

53. Or an anchovy margarita, whatever you like.

54. Steve Buscemi? :P

55. I love that. We must make it happen.

56. Queen of Dork says:

Yes! Totally, Steve Buscemi! I’ve always thought that actor was really, really cute! :)

57. Queen of Dork says:

Ha-ha!

58. Queen of Dork says:

So did you settle on Hot Stuff as Dante’s middle name?

59. Queen of Dork says:

Holy crap. I’m having a huge time commenting. I can’t comment unless I reply to somebody else’s comment. Anyhoo, because it’s the 100 anniversary of the sinking of Titanic, guess what movie I just put in the DVD? Yep. Titanic. *runs to the furthest, darkest corner of the Castle of Dorkdom (even though it’s really just a small house) and hides.*

60. Fird Birfle says:
  61. Fird Birfle says:

your request was met, v :)

To quote a relevant song, “WHOOMP!! There it is !!!!”

62. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeear– faaaaaaaaaaaaar, WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER YOU ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRE . . . :P

63. ahhhh. thank you!

64. 6rabbits says:

Anyone notice that the bunny poops (right, bottom) have SMILEY faces?!

65. That reminds me of something: I believe I was watching a dog show one year (the Thanksgiving one, with John O’Hurley commentating) when Mr. O’Hurley made a joke about the possibility of a Great Dane-Chihuahua mix. To paraphrase: “It would probably involve spelunking equipment”.

66. victoreia says:

*snerkity snerk*

67. victoreia says:

YEAH!!

68. Awww…..lovin’ Milly!

69. zosterops says:

This does not look healthy – I can’t imagine dog can breathe with a skull and eyes this size. To me breeding dogs this size feels just wrong.