I’m Such a Birdbrain at this Game

(Hmm, he countered with the Sumatran Sacrifice; I wasn’t expecting that. I should respond with Kaplopsky’s Flying Feint, but that will expose my little horsie guy…)

Check and mate, striatic.

1. Don’t worry little bird, i’m terrible at checkers too.

2. But, how are you at chess?

3. Juniper Jupiter says:

4. You just know that two seconds later the pieces are all over the place and the bird is chewing on one :)

Cute Overload needs more cute birdie pictures like this that don’t involve them physically interacting with predators!

5. Birdy Fisher contemplating his next move.

6. Ha!

7. thelittlemyrmidon says:

He’s contemplating his endgame right now.

8. SlaveToCat says:

And its “Chirp Mate”…..

All the little peeps go wild!!!!!!!!!

9. Taunting me with cute birds again! [shaking fist in air]

Also, lovely color contrasts!

10. Chick and mate!

11. nicely played! ~see what I did there???
    (love the hovertext too!)

12. Fird Birfle says:

13. Fird Birfle says:

“little horsie guy” = :)

14. wuyizidi says:

Oh oh, looks like birdie is about to be rooked.

15. Fird Birfle says:

also = BEF FTW!!!!

16. My first thought was, “Why is there a banana posed next to a chess board?” A banana???

17. skippymom says:

I thought it was a delicious juicy pear!

18. Now that’s just plain silly. *snort*

19. skippymom says:

Looks more like a pear than a banana, damn you! *shaking fist*

20. LMAO at Skippy :) hahahhaha…heheheh…*dissolves into a case of the giggles*

21. EWWWWW! skippymom!

22. skippymom says:

Funny, this pear tastes like chicken.

23. warrior rabbit says:

Skippymom=Ozzie Osbourne

25. skippymom says:

* overturns chess board, scattering pieces, and stalks off, munching on pear*

26. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

27. Fine, whatevs. *humoring skippymom in her obvious dementia*

28. Fird Birfle says:

*giggling @ skippymom’s shaken fist*, but from around a corner so skippymom doesn’t see me ….

29. I knew right away it was a bird.

30. Fird Birfle says:

*gently hands Rachael her spectacles ….*

31. Totally pwning that rook.

32. Stupid bird set up the board wrong. Sheesh.

33. Go for it birdie! I can’t tell you how many matches I’ve won with the Kaplopsky’s Flying Feint. No, really, I can’t. :)

34. OMG, BUDGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful one too! I love birdz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More birdz, more more more!!!!!

**takes a moment to reclaim diginity**

ahem, also bird fact: the favorite activity of most budgies is knocking things over. Mine like to knock stuff off of high ledges so there is breakage. This yellow guy looks like he is thinking about causing some damage :)

35. I thought the favorite activity of budgies was, erm, courting, erm, inappropriate objects. Like this budgie looks to me like he’s giving the white king the eye. ;)

36. Very true Theresa for *male* budgies, luckily the ladies got a bit more self control and intelligence ;)

I have always found my female birds to be smarter than the boys, but male budgies are awfully sweet and cuddly, if you can get over the, er, “courting”

37. skippymom says:

Funny, I don’t remember Jim doing any dirty stuff like you guys seem to be suggesting.

38. Well courting could mean you know… for real “courting” stuff or simply some male birds like to regurgitate on everything as means of wooing things, like their reflections, their favorite toys, etc. Upon occasion when my Petrie is feeling loving, he tries to offer me some already digested seeds (it would be really cute if it wasn’t also kinda disgusting).

39. Fird Birfle says:

So…what I’m getting outta this, is that if a male budgie takes an interest in me, he might be *cute* but … he’s not the type that I wanna take home to meet my mother….

40. Yes! They’re tiny Rick Jameses! He’s a very freaky bird, the kind you don’t take home to mother. :P

41. Fird Birfle says:

42. skippymom says:

43. skippymom says:

My Jim liked to eat books. I still have several books with lots of tiny bite-holes in the page corners.

45. Theresa, I forgot all about the budgie and spent the last hour watching Blackadder and Fry & Laurie – the dual at dawn and the choice of weapons – hilarious. Thank you.

46. Funny, my rabbit does that as well skippymom. I can’t tell you how much prose my buns have nibbled!

47. warrior rabbit says:

I always say my rabbits are well-read.

48. Ha! I try to distract my birdies with disposable shredables (like newspaper and paper towel tubes) so they avoid nibbling on the important stuff like books and woodwork (sadly they still spend a lot of time making tiny chips in my closet door and desk).

I wasn’t as clever growing up though, I had a cockatiel in high school that literally ate my homework, albeit not enough to prevent turning stuff in :).

I don’t know why everyone thinks cats are the masters of mischief/evil, my vote is for birds.

49. Fird Birfle says:

To TheShazz & skippymom :) :

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~Francis Bacon

50. Iva Uridel says:

M budgie also likes to “hole punch” books!

51. Fird Birfle says:

CHESS, not checkaires ….

52. victoreia says:

*blink* There’s a difference?

I’m a CARD player, dangit!

53. Fird Birfle says:

“nudge, nudge;
    wink, wink !!!”

54. *shakes her head and laughs at Firdie*

Well…the banana…pear…bird…whatever the cute creature is (And YES I know its a budgie…) would outsmart me in chess any day. I still have yet to learn. Perhaps he/she will teach me?

55. Fird Birfle says:

Myself, Ah “doan know nuttin’ ’bout” chess
    except whut them pieces look lahk …

56. Kari Callin says:

Cat to mouse 4….. Chirpmate!

57. sleekityin says:

Budgie takes rook.

58. That’s illigal in most states you know.

59. redvelvetrose says:

That how I play chess too… by knocking the pieces over and going home.

I’m also trying to think of a rook/bird joke and it’s just not coming to me. Obviously, my brain is already over at C2E2 despite my body being at work.

60. Is your Bishop a Budgie?

61. Iva Uridel says:

OMG! that is SOOO cute! I LOVE budgies!