MORE CATNIP, MORE!!!

Don’t you just love audible nomming sounds?

I already know the answer to that question, Julian R.

Comments

1. This muggins looks, and sounds, very angry. Those huge bobcat ears are splayed back and the aggravation tone in the “errrrrowerrrrrs” borders on ferocious, i’d stand very clear…

2. rescue gal says:

Where do you get that? He finished his snacks and turned and left. Sounded very happily satisfied to me!

3. Sounds more like it’s channeling our Teddy porpentine with numnum motorboat noises. And the caption in Rooshian sez ‘pochmelyah’, or ‘Cat with Hangover’?! More like a ‘before’ pic of a Friday night than a Saturday morning.

4. He looks excited by the ears sure, but those are happy whiskers so I wouldn’t be frightened. Enabling a minor with a potentially addiictive substance though? Not sure about that. ;-P

5. Yes can we get this kitteh and the porcupine in a room?

6. I know I can’t get over the fierce toeball grip.

7. wuyizidi says:

So that’s where we got the expression ‘om nom nom’.

8. This is super cute. I love it

9. Hanglyman says:

Some cats love to get angry-happy. One of our cats is like that, and will get playfully ferocious when stroked, purring and rubbing into your hand while growling and even taking a swipe at you if you’re not careful. She’s not genuinely upset, and even seems to be enjoying herself, but acts all tough anyway. No “um num num num”, but she does make the little “rrrrooowl!” like at the end sometimes.

10. I was thinking the same thing!!!!
    ….but then again dubyah1…I might look the same way after a hangover, happy when I get my fix and scene!

11. quick! call the rehab!!!

12. The effect of catnip varies from cat to cat. Some cats get ‘high’ and happy, some get sleepy, and some get aggressive. My cat is one of the latter ones — give him a whiff of catnip and he starts attacking other cats — so that’s probably what’s happening here.

13. Reminds me of the “No no no” cat!

14. Om nom nomnom nom nom!!!
    Where did I put my kids catnip spray ???????

15. :lol: I did not know that catnip would do that to some cats :lol: Dooley and Badger just get bombed out of their furry little minds on catnip :lol:

16. freetomato says:

THAT…is a cat that would totally get along with my dogs.

17. Well Mickey-boy was a tee-totalist – he would not even take cat-nip like he has signed the pledge – Sammy now – lovely big black and beautiful – he was a catnip druggie – we planted some in the yard – he would roll in it – doing the “Danse Du Catnep”

18. Yeah, I think this baby’s getting over-excited here. Happy happy happy… too much nip… now I will keel something!

19. Miss Tara says:

Our two boys luuuuuuv their catnip, romp a bit and then lie back for a while saying “Wow, dude” before they go searching for the Doritos (figuratively). One of the girls doesn’t care about catnip one way or the other, while the other girl goes after it fiercely and then becomes something of an ugly drunk.

20. When I give catnip to my cats, the big male T-2 will start mellow, sniffing and rolling but then he gets “frisky” with my little girls Mia an Bindi at first it “I shall leek you” but then he gets a little to rough with them so I tend to have the girls in another room with their own cat nip bowl. Penny needs her own bolw because she will not mix with the other cats even after 3 years.

21. WOW! I typed that as if I was on catnip!

22. ‘Just Say Meow’ to catnip.

23. that sounds suspiciously like my own family when we get…whatever
    it is we get. I totally steer clear of Uncle Jack……

24. Fird Birfle says:

“Happy whiskers” :)

25. At least you didn’t call it ‘blow’!

26. I find it a little scary, since I’m convinced that the lack of opposable thumbs is the only thing keeping cats from taking over the world.

27. Me three! My first thought was, “He sounds just like that porcupine!”

28. My kitteh ignores catnip, not interested at all. But she does go wild for Doritos.

29. januaryfarmer says:

Sound track drove my cats crazy. They were all looking a little worried. We don’t do catnip in my house.

30. Is there catnip in the bottle? I don’t really get it.

31. skippymom says:

Yeah, is it catnip juice or something?

32. me toooooo

33. Marianne says:

I saw another cat way in the back, about :36, behind & to the right of the person holding striped kitty. It looks like a black and white fuzzypants. I bet all the noise is a warning to the other cat: “BACK OFF! this is MY catnip, and you can’t have any, and I’ll beat you up if you try to take it away, and besides which, Mom loves me better, and you’re just a shelter cat, and you don’t have any exotic markings like I do, you low-down, sneaky, yellow-eyed, long-haired varmint, I’m coming after you RIGHT NOW!”

Followed by sounds of cat stampede and subsequent hissing, spitting, and deep-throated growls.

34. No, catnip is a plant that cats really enjoy, I suppose it can be made into a tea like substance, so that could be what’s in the bottle.

35. lolol… you are going to get me in serious trouble here at work – hardly anybody here today, so it’s abnormally quiet, and if I’m sputtering with suppressed laughter, someone’s gonna hear it and want to know why!

36. I didn’t realize cats could make these sounds :O

37. Can we talk for a moment about the AMAZING sofa upon which they are sitting?!

38. Marianne says:

They ought to be happy that you are happy! Much better to be laughing than crying into one’s keyboard!

39. skippymom says:

Skippy eats catnip as a snack and isn’t affected by it, Eddy just acts stupider than normal, Francesco gets sillier and flirtier than normal. And sweet, loving Chloe goes totally wild and gets into tough-girl mode, like “HEY!! Who wants to fight me, huh? Come on, let’s fight! I can take anybody in this house!” The boys just watch her and keep their distance.

40. Fird Birfle says:

teetotalers …

41. Fird Birfle says:

Don’t we ALL, clara?
    I know I roll around in the crumbs at the bottom of the Nachos Doritos bag ….

42. Friday haiku –
    This is your kitty
    This is your kitty on crack
    Any more questions

43. Fird Birfle says:

Do you mean to say, that los kittayes are *NOT* in charge????

who’da thunk it???

44. they want you to think you are in charge. It really is all part of their evil plan ;)

45. skippymom says:

Sprock wins the Internet for today!

46. skippymom says:

I know I’m in the minority but I have never understood what people like about Doritos. To me they smell totally like throwup and I can’t stand to be in the same room with them.

47. I’m with all of you. Imagine if kitteh and Teddy produced offspring, then somebody tried to take baby’s food away.

48. It’s the gritty texture of the flavored kinds, to me. BLecch. Say no to nacho cheese.

49. I think there is another kitty present, hence the ears back yet happy-whiskers. That’s the “enjoying my treat, while simeotaneously trying to growl at you, so stay away, mine!” sound. Our kitten used to do that if you came near her while she was snarfing her dinner. She wouldn’t stop nomming, but it got mixed up & verbalized along with her warning rowwwrs.

50. sleekityin says:

We used to have a couple of Abysinnian cats when I was a kid (intelligent, beautiful but a a bit kooky). When we gave them catnip they would chase each other frantically round the house in “tackling zebra” hunting mode. Then the one that got caught first was licked manically by the other for a full 15 minutes before they both fell into a contented sleep.

51. My kitty was like that! He’d mrowww and hop back and forth with his back arched to get us to chase him around the house, then swipe at us when we got too close :-D

52. Christina D says:

We buy catnip in liquid form that comes in bottles kind of like this. I think it’s catnip essential oil mixed with water. We spray toys with it, though — never thought of letting the kittehs chug it straight from the bottle.

53. yeoldefriendofafriend says:

We had a cat that would growl and purr at the same time.

54. There are spray bottles of the stuff to put on toys or refresh scratchers. I bought one of those catnip bubble bottles, but of course they scared my cats.

55. I foster kitties and they get easily over-stimulated at times. When they do they act this way as well. It’s not anger, just a lot of extra energy and they aren’t sure what to do with it.

56. skippymom says:

Can you spray it directly on the cats?

57. My sweet ol’ Tigger loved catnip, especially when I gave him new catnip bundles (a square of fabric, bit of ‘nip, tied in a bundle) at Christmas. Even as he got older he’d toss them in the air a few times before licking and/or holding them in his front paws & going all rabbit feet on them w/his hind legs. Sigh, I miss him!

58. victoreia says:

@Emmylee: I dunno, some of them seem to want you to know they’re in charge!

….Or is it just my two? It is? Okay; I knew that….

–owned by cats

59. victoreia says:

Ouch. 8-O

60. Fird Birfle says:

skippymom: are you immune to MSG???

61. Catwhisperer says:

Thanks for a hilarious mental image, FB. Perfect ending to my day. :D

62. januaryfarmer says:

Sure we can. I noted it and wondered about Russians.

63. I live alone ,,one night I heard a thump in my kitchen, thought I had a burgular , creaped in and there was my two up in the pantry after nip[,,,, no more around my house,,,it lasts them for hours,,,,

64. victoreia says:

@skippymom– Would you want to?

65. LOL – can you imagine the conversation?

66. HA! Funny.

67. Very observant!

68. Lol, FB, me too! At least for the guacamole flavour which we don’t get in these here parts anymore. Toe scuff, I prob’ly also make the omnomnom noises.

69. That is soooooooooooooo adorabuhls! :)

70. this sounds awfully familiar… where have i heard that before?

71. How cute is this video?
    I just wanted to make a little comment–this video is from Russia, and as a Russian speaker myself, I wanted to clarify that this isn’t catnip. In the video, the people in the background are saying that it’s baby formula…I guess he really likes it!

72. I LOVE Abyssinians. How about Somalis? They’re really loopy. :D

73. PS Doesn’t he look like he’s on American Idol, singing into a microphone? :lol:

74. So has she tried the new Taco Bell Doritos Locos Taco yet?

My Stinky was bonkers about Chipotle burritos, especially the chicken. He would get a glazed look in his eyes, and keep coming at me like a zombie, then rip bits off the tortilla and run off with them like a leopard with a gazelle. 8O

75. Reminds me of Broccoli Kitten. :D

76. Reblogged this on Nats Universe.