I Think Your Otter Needs Oiling

She seems to get a bit creaky around water.

From the YouTube notes: “Meet the playful heroine of the feature film Otter 501! She was rescued on the central coast of California after being separated from her mother, and with a little help from the Monterey Bay Aquarium she’ll hopefully become a wild otter again.”

Comments

1. Ellen W. says:

THat lil fuzzy is so cute. I really hope she can be rehabilitated for the wild, but I just can’t shake the idea that she need snuggles! I hereby, selflessly, offer to provide them.

2. 260Oakley says:

The squeaky seal gets the feeesh.

(Yes, I know this is not a seal, but I’m fresh outta otter puns.)

3. I wonder what wet otters smell like?

4. Gloom Raider says:

Otterpillar!

5. She looks like a furry loaf of bread.

6. I’ve heard oil will clog your otteries.

7. warrior rabbit says:

Encore presentayshe: http://cuteoverload.com/2012/04/04/i-was-made-for-cute-overload/
    From just… last week? Hmm. But Otter 501 is a cutie!

8. She doesn’t move very much, Is she well?

9. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Wow, that was definitely an error on our part. Sorry about that! Enjoy the repeat squeakiness, and we’ll have another post up shortly.

10. Um… other wet otters?

11. That makes my ovaries hurt, the poor little pea

12. The otter has enough adorableness and squeak to go around at LEAST twice, so no offense on the repeat, it’s just a bit of cute overload is all… *I couldn’t help it*

13. NEVER apologize (for teh cute ) It’s a sign of weakness! ( John Wayne in
    “She wore a yellow ribbon”) O.k. he never said “for teh cute” but I’m sure that he would have if Meg & C O had been around then.

Is it just me or does that lil’ guys face remind anyone else of the gopher in Caddyshack?

14. Say the secret woid — we win anotter otter posting….hugz again squeaky li’l guy

15. OH MAH GAH >splode<

16. awwww, what a peanut!! Love the squeaks!!

17. Those whiskers need to be smooch-ted

18. RIGHT? I’m like “how can that handler handle it!?!?!”
    (see whut a did thr.)

19. the face! does anyone else notice the eyes look cartoonishly worried? like as if… with the eyebrows… going up in the middle… y’no?

20. baileysgrandmom says:

How inna wurld is Otter 501 gonna go back in the wild, if s/he hates water so much?

21. flutterby says:

Don’t the mommy otters have to teach the bebehs to swim?

22. I thought you might have been “fresh otter” puns. :mrgreen:

23. Otterley awesome

24. It’s also Gibbs’ Rule #6. Although I think he might have borrowed it from The Duke.

25. YUP ! YEA GIBBS ! Not that anyone would be surprised that Gibbs quotes
    the Duke ! n ;oD

26. Fird Birfle says:

wet dogue.

27. Fird Birfle says:

(squeak scrape squeak) “What did he say?” (squeak scrape squeak)

“OH — he needs OIL !!!!” :)

28. Fird Birfle says:

*sigh*

REALLY?

Moderashun for linking a Wizard of Oz clip here??

Signed,
    Pouting

29. victoreia says:

Yeah, I think the Duke would be one of the few movie guys Gibbs would quote. (I just wish I could Gibbs-slap a few people at work….)

30. victoreia says:

*pats Fird’s hand consolingly* Have some cotton candy…..

31. I was definitely not sorry to see it again!

32. YES!

33. walkinge says:

I love how the otter just lays there! So cute!

34. RR, I was just thinking that my Mom used to scoop up the rolls of dough exactly that same way before tucking them into the bread pans!! lol!

35. Fird Birfle says:

*pouts* “victoreia, do you have any barbe-a-papa???”

36. Fird Birfle says:

izzit diff’runt to Gibbs-slap, from dope-slapping ‘em???

Signed,
    Technique is Ev’rythin’

37. Fird Birfle says:

(thank you Mod Gods for releasing my comment from Tha Brig.

38. love this sweet babe. I say from now on we should have an otter a day….all in favor say ay!

39. laineyg6 says:

I knew I had seen this before, but could not believe that it was a duplicate here. But I agree that it was LOVELY to see it again. I adore this baby.

40. I am guessing it might be more fishy than doggie. But what do I know? I’ve never smelled an otter, wet OR dry.

41. I suspect they are pretty much equivalent, except a Gibbs slap probably has a tad more stinging power.

42. I love the floating. The human just lays the baby in the water, and she floats.

Now I got it!!! Wet otters smell like Ivory soap – they both float.

43. weavermis says:

Squeaky otter babuh and Gibbs in one place. :sighs happily and melts into a puddle: Ottermatic happiness ensues!

44. victoreia says:

Considering Gibbs has to deal with DiNozzi on a regular basis, I’d go with that.

45. Oakley, you willl always have our seal of approval. You are otterly awesome with your punnery.

46. Oh, and I thought it was just me..and a huge deja vu.

47. 6rabbits says:

Mark Harmon can slap the back of my head ANYtime! :-)

48. If you look closely right after they place him in the water, his tiny otter paw is turned upwards as if to say “someone please hold my hand so i don’t float away!”

PLEASE SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS LOVEABLE HOLD HIS LITTLE OTTER HAND SO HE DOESN’T FLOAT AWAY!