Update on Junebug and Burnett

The first time we met our adorable pair, Junebug was a tiny, recently rescued kitten and Burnett was her, Mom, er, something. Now Junebug is grown up and Burnett is her, well, see for yourself! They’re in love! And they don’t care what the other dogs and cats think!

Oh no, Alaina M., dogs and cats in love! Mass hysteria, riots in the streets!

1. Best buds forever…we hope they have many years together!

2. gnomesick says:

The look on that cat’s face is priceless.

3. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

“I rule this roost!”

4. warrior rabbit says:

Crossed paws! They’re practically holding hands. Schweet!

5. sunnylessmum says:

If this is wrong then I don’t wanna be right! So sweet!! :)

6. Fird Birfle says:

“Twue lurve”/ or “the love that dare not speak its name …”

OMG their handses are intertwined!!!!

7. *ded x 2*

love the intertwined pawsies!

8. PhysicsProf says:

“I don’t care what they do so long as they don’t do it in the street and frighten the horses.” Mrs. Patrick Campbell

9. What a great story! I love getting updates on CO alumni.

10. I seem to have a speck of dirt in my eye. In both eyes.

11. hmstracylee says:

alright, who’s cutting up the onions in here?!
    ;) (just helping you save face, R)

12. Umm yeah, it was definitely the onions. *whistle*

13. skippymom says:

My grandmother used to start crying at seemingly random things (to some degree I have this too) and she was embarrassed by it and would often have to suddenly grab an onion and a knife and start chopping.

14. My little niece loves to watch movies with me and tease me because I weep at the most random and seemingly innocuous things–including the occasional animated film. It keeps her endlessly entertained. I’m a softie.

15. I remember getting up and going to the bathroom when I was very young, watching Lassie shows with my parents, because I was embarrassed that I was crying.

16. Did she carry a knife and an onion in her “pocketbook?” Or, did she have to live in the kitchen?

17. KittyMarthaPoo says:

You’re not alone, skippy. My mother & I are the same way (we can cry at random things) – I’m far worse. In my case I tell people I apparantly have some sort of allergy & something is bothering my eyes.

18. darn allergies!

19. That photo is simply beautiful :-) They’re holding hands!!

20. Junebug looks like she’s signing the praises of the adoptive mommy who raised her.

And Burnet is like: Ah shucks, t’was nothing any red blodded bit*h wouldn’t have done for a youngin!

21. Ok, is it just me or does Junebug look a little too smug here? Like she’s ruling her kingdom with an iron paw. Burnett’s practically cowering from her gloat.

22. I second that, Gigi :D As far as Junebug is concerned, Burnet is her new mom. Burnet thinks of Junebug as her baby :D

23. In the immortal words of “Ghostbusters” “Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”

24. This is twice the cute since they’re laying on a Virginia Tech fleece!

25. Martha in Washington says:

I think the look on Junebug’s face is “pride of ownership” and Burnett’s is “pride of ownedship”.

26. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

My Maggie kitten was raised around two very large dogs, and sometimes a third, when our canine “niece” would come to visit with us when her humans were out of town. One day, as I was letting the dogs out in the backyard, Maggie was sitting on a plastic bucket next to the door, and she gave each dog a pat with her paw as they passed, as if to say, “Be careful out there.”

Dogs and cats can be raised to love each other, and it’s wonderful when they are!

27. My mom would put our two cats Mickey and Swirly,in between my boyfriend and I,and called it “Protection”and my dad had the rifle out to.Needless,to say they never returned.

28. The boyfriend I don’t like to admit to ever having, once came to the house (only once). As we sat on the sofa our dachshund Gonzo the Obnoxious would squirm behind my back and pop between us and look at the interloper in a way that made clear exactly who was Alpha Male and who the female on the sofa belonged with. I’d remove him, and he’d do it again before I could turn back around.
    (Fortunately I soon realized that Gonzo was right.)

29. I’m so glad for the update! They look like best pals.

30. Dang onions !

31. «This will either make the most obedient, loyal, eager to please cat ever, or ** it will put it in therapy for years.** HA HA ya well if this cat wanted to have its mind chek by a psy… thing you were a bit right! (Very cute).

32. linnerlu says:

Is Junebug wearing a sweateu?