How To Fake Your Way Through A Conversation

No, really?… You don’t say?… My stars, who’d a thunk it?… Uh huh…. yeah… yep… No, do go on, this is most interesting… Yeah… Uh-huh….

Flickr user Samuel Sharpe brings us “an Australian Green Tree Frog that somehow made its way into my kitchen. Judging by the facial expression I am guessing he found what he was looking for.”

1. Are you sure he wasn’t there to sell you insurance?

2. The gecko union pulled the plug on that. :P

3. I dunno – he kinda looks like a (GEICO) gecko in a frog suit to me.

4. You interest me strangely. Strangely in the sense that you don’t really interest me. :P

5. Winning!

6. Ha ha ha ha haaaa!!!! I shall have to file that away for use in a future appropriate situation.

7. hmstracylee says:

I think this needs colorful lasers shooting across the background and one arm propped up on a box, with crooked bangs and awful glasses…
    (no, I had great school picture day experiences, why do you ask?)

8. crooked bangs to hide the mass acne outbreak, PLUS awful glasses. Yep, a vision I was.

9. …crooked front theet and a home perm!

10. I had the awful glasses. I’ll see your crooked bangs and raise you two missing front teeth.

11. Robin Kiesel says:

I can top that! I was born with front teeth and my father pulled them out because he was afraid that I would swallow them?!?!???So for many years ALL of my school pictures show my toothless grin.

12. Aaaargh!!!!! You win.

13. Queen of Dork says:

I had dork glasses, the incorrect brand of jeans, the wrong color of skin and my hair wouldn’t feather right. *sigh* (It’s not easy being green).

14. … and a fraying fabric band-aid above the left eyebrow.
    (my mother was less-than-impressed with that year’s photo)

15. victoreia says:

Awful glasses, awful haircut, and braces. (The really attractive metal ones, that make your mouth look like a train depot.)

16. I tried to cut my bangs the night before my 7th grade picture, and I made a mess of it. My mother cut them straight, but then they were a half inch long. None of my school pictures was very good (I also had metal braces and a home perm), but that was by far the worst!

17. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

My 7th grade picture featured a home perm, braces (I smiled with my mouth shut…that year), AND a ridiculously ruffly bright red “prairie” blouse! 8th grade showcased my mullet haircut (though we didn’t call it a mullet in those days), exposed shiny braces, and mismatched costume jewelry chain necklaces, together with “off brand” striped polo shirt. Oy.

18. Fird Birfle says:

YEEEEEEEEEEhaw !!!

Enjoyin’ all these fond mem’ries today :)
    In school, my own spectacles were gold wire-rimmed,
    and — possibly? — octagonal wire-rimmed, instead of being “just ovals” …

19. bob drummond says:

Boy by the sound of all this , my high school picture must be beautiful by contrast ! Thanks guys , you made me feel better !!!

20. flashback to Calvin and Hobbes school picture sequence: “Is it cool? Is it New Wave?” :lol:

21. skippymom says:

Thanks, Theresa! You are without a doubt the awesomest person I know.
    (hee hee “should I take my shirt off now?”)

22. Go crazy, folks. Go crazy. :D

23. skippymom says:

I was a huge C+H fan, but I don’t remember that. Any way you could post it here, ma’am?

24. You only saw my eyes in my school pictures,because I am apparently so short,that they were lazy and couldnt get another box for me to sit on.

25. I love the crossed front …. hands…. paws…. flippers….webs….toesies…

Whatever, I love ’em.

26. Fird Birfle says:

THIS IS THE BESTEST Froggeh Picktcha EVAH!!!!

Lil’ Miss “Knowitall”

27. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Indubitably! He looks so blissfully Zen. Of course, that may be the Zen “no-mind” attitude there.

28. i say, I say, helllewwww, (twiddles intertwined frogtoesies)… that shoofly pie you are fixin?

29. Fird Birfle says:

Are you already familiar with Julie London ??

30. The Original Jane says:

Oh man, flashback to childhood. I never saw her on TV but my parents had a vinyl record of her hits when I was growing up. I remember the cover in detail. Face shot with fur stole (and I think nothing under it).

31. Fird Birfle says:

Dat wun eez veddeh veddeh nace.

(Editorial note: I’m using the resources of a Computer Lab, without my earphones; and the audio on these computers has been de-activated; so I’m hoping that this is the audio track that I have in mind …)

Und nao — eef all the Jung, impressionable people ‘ave gone
    too bayd fur tha naht, I offaire you thees:

32. Oh! Oh! I heart her SO much – Black Coffee and her dreaaaammmy version of Blues in the Night!
    yeah, I’m a girl but I still *swoon* over her voice!

33. I -love- these guys! Here in the US you will commonly find them called “White’s Tree Frogs” or “Dumpy Tree Frogs” The captive bred froggies are often blue and the wild are green! The females grow quite large and the males have a very loud call. My frogs often tried to compete with the vacuum cleaner and dogs barking!

They are very cool guys who are quite mellow and very much just like shiny food consuming lumps!

34. loribelle says:

Hmph, he/she seems like a very sleek and colorful frog, and not the least bit “Dumpy”…

35. Ok, I just want to clarify – you had pet frogs?

36. Absolutely. I had an 85 gallon terrarium for my white’s tree frogs. I spent about 12 months researching before finally purchasing (And about 3 months setting their home up first!) I got a captive bred blue and a wild green from a local herp place. The green wasn’t doing well so I took him to an exotic vet… 200 bucks later he was blind in one eye and survived an abscess so big inside the roof of his mouth that it caused the blindness. This is from what the vet says, common in wild caught froggies. Most of them simply perish because well.. pet frogs don’t often get taken to the vet and their people parents wouldn’t have any idea it could be treated. Not to mention giving antibiotics (batryl for those interested) is not fun! But their cute sticky feet trying to push away the syringe (oral, no needle) is adorable!

For the longest time he had to be hand fed because he couldn’t quite hunt… when I picked up the blue he eventually learned to from him and just got hand fed treats instead of his food. Though I did have to remove some cricket legs to slow them down for him. Ahem.

37. And Ivy wins the award for Most Dedicated Froggy Guardian. *hands over the solid gold kewpie doll*

38. Fird Birfle says:

Ivy sure is a Good (ahem) Guy [Gal] !!!

39. Wow, bless your heart! I thought I did some crazy stuff taking care of my sick foster kittehs in the past, but I never had to pull off cricket legs. :)

40. This creature is spectacular. Special indeed.

41. skippymom says:

I would like to enjoy a conversation with this charming froglet over a delicious Croak Monsieur.

42. Fird Birfle says:

very attractive clip, dm :)

43. An oldie but a goodie!

44. You are very charming Monsieur La Grenouille, and you say if I kees you will you turn into a prince?

45. skippymom says:

I want to kiss him, but I’m afraid to because I don’t want a prince, I just want the frog.

46. Exactly!!
    Princes always think they’re “all that”, while frogs are so adorabuhly unassuming.

47. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

I can’t view YouTube links at work, but I sincerely hope that is a link to Peter Gabriel’s “Kiss That Frog.”

48. Fird Birfle says:

This might be it, n.
    I’m in the computer lab w/o my earphones and the audio is de-activated but hopefully …

49. I could learn from this wise guy.

50. SlaveToCat says:

I am soo happy I could just croak!!! :)

That is one amphibian who is very pleased with himself.

51. There is no way that this is real. I say this because I do not have one, so they must not be real. I love the prim and proper little appendages like a cheesy Olan Mills portrait.

He’s SO charming and he needs a little teeny bow tie.

52. Fird Birfle says:

oooooooo a little teeny bow tie. WELL PLAYED, Mamabear.
    That DOES sound parfait !!!!

53. Martha in Washington says:

I would someday like to be as contented as Monsieur Froggeh looks!

Also, what surface in this kitchen is this shiny and how did she do it?

54. januaryfarmer says:

Love the very injtelligent and friendly look. All of this is a green frog. Imagine that. By the way, he probably is selling insurance on the side.

55. Gorgeous photo and a perfect caption, NTMTOM! I love the froggy reflection from the table.

56. I had not thought frogs were capable of scheming.

57. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

58. Shouldn’t one of them have a goatee?

59. HA! You all think a home perm & glasses was bad ???
    Wait til your a new kid , a red head with glasses, freckles & a home perm in an AFRO !
    Oh yeah I was all kinds of popular in that school ! Thanks mom !

60. victoreia says:

Hey, maybe my mother should see him for therapy, instead of her shrink. I’m sure the froggeh charges much less!

61. It’s o.k. I got even ….for my pix I put on silver /grey eyeshadow & pink lip gloss !
    Now that I think about it I can’t ever remember that particular set of pix being shown very often ! Bwahahahaha !

62. This froggy needs to be crossed with the condescending Willy Wonka meme and all would be complete.

63. That frog is totally smizing.

64. April 28th is the 4th Annual Save the Frogs Day!!! go to to learn more :)

65. REALLY❔❕❔❕❔ I wanna go❕ I never knew the froggies were endangered❕We totally need to save them❕

66. Queen of Dork says:

He’s so beautiful! He’s twirling his….thumbs? And smiling at everybody! I love him! He looks so wise. He knows something about everything such as WHY WE’RE ALL HERE. :)

67. It’s soooo cute❕ I love froggies so much… they’re my favorite animal❕❕❕ So funny! 🐸