What Are They Thinking?

Animals are cute, clever and I believe they have a rich inner dialogue. Let us take a moment to contemplate their contemplations.

Let’s give it up for all of our sender-inners (in order of appearance): Hollie R., Carrie K., Daphne, Mona H., Steph R., waylonjack, Don, Sean Y., Josh N. and Ant.

Comments

1. Pugs are thinking: (All together now!)
    “Looookin’ at first, throoooowin’ to third!!!! You shall not steal home!”

2. PS: Hedgie is thinking it, too!

3. margobright says:

The otter is giving dissaproving buns everywhere a run for their money.

4. Starfish says:

Chi-hooa-hooa (a la Bender’s “flawless Spanish accent”) seems to be thinking it too.

5. mumofbubba says:

Love love love the pictures, the polls and the animals! Notice how divided the votes were for most animals other than the cat? We all know the cat will attack a dangling strap. Aren’t we psychic.

6. Ayeesha says:

Don’t believe that last otter. He’s totally going to use his cute for evil. EVILS.

7. cellarmouse says:

they’re all thinking “i wonder what people are thinking…”

8. skippymom says:

They’re thinking “I wonder what people think I think they’re thinking I’m thinking.”

9. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

“Contemplate their contemplations” ?? =

10. skippymom says:

What the heck is that scary collage?

11. heathersherman says:

*Contemplayshuns

12. flutterby says:

Guess I was too busy lookin’ at the cuties, but didn’t see ane scary collage, even on a second look-see….

13. victoreia says:

I think all of them, except the kittehs, are thinking “Get that flashy thing outta my face!”

As has been mentioned, the one kitteh is totally waiting to pounce. The sunshine kitteh, IMO, is actually thinking “What’s that crawling by my paw?” (Because, remember, cats see things hoomins can’t.)

14. Starfish says:

I believe it’s an artist’s interpretation of “your brain on sloth snorgling”.

15. Mary (the first) says:

What am I thinking? “There’s no apostrophe in its when it’s a possessive: “.. it’s ginormous head.”. It’s means IT IS. Always.

16. The puppy in the pink sweater is thinking…..Really!!! This is NOT funny! What are my friends goin to say!!!!

17. Crazy Pants says:

Thanks Mary (the first). I have corrected it now. Go back to your regularly scheduled cuteness enjoyment.

18. Three observations:
    1) eyes looking at opposite directions seems to be the new black,
    2) a significant percentage of potential critter thoughts revolve around food items, and
    3) otters + world domination = the near future.

19. That was fun!! Lets please do it again real soon!

20. Tessamo says:

I suspect the pup is also planning where to leave a thank-you present. ;-)

21. katrinab73 says:

i was also going to say, “that was fun!” :)

and for the record, i LOVE that hedgie pic. his face is priceless!!

22. I was ALSO going to say “that was fun”!!
    When do we get the correct answers?

23. Mary (the first) says:

:D Thanks. Sorry if I sounded a little cranky. It’s my pet peeve! You know I love all you guys and the cute, too!

24. These are adorable! The puppy in the pink sweater is thinking, “This sweater looks like a snuggie! Don’t make me wear it!” hee hee! :)

25. Fird Birfle says:

zee collage eez, I think, a Theo- YAY – ism !!!

26. i have to say a few of them look like they were thinking “a-duhhh”… Or is that just my dog and now I’m convinced that’s the entirety of all animal’s inner monologues?

27. Shelby Smith says:

The pug puppy is saying, “If you don’t get this sweater off of me right now, I’m going to eat your soul!!!!!” hahaha

28. 6rabbits says:

Pup was also a calendar page this year!

29. 6rabbits says:

This is _almost_ too much cute in one post. I thought I was ded at the bun (squeee!), but…noooooooooo–then ya had to throw in the hamster…AND the sloths…AND the otter!!! How am I supposed to function now? I need someone to write a ded-from-the-cute note for my boss for tomorrow. :-)

30. AWW :D I so want to snorgle both little kitties :D