Power to the Peeps

The sixth annual Washington Post Peeps Diorama Contest truly brought out the crowds this year. The winning entry, “OccuPeep D.C.,” showed that just because Peeps are soft and sweet, they can be strong when they stand together. Click the link to see all the creative candy craftiness.

1. Yay NTMTOM!! Thanks for posting! :D

2. we are the 99 calories

3. dgerish says:

Beautiful! *golf clap*

4. wannadance says:

i am such a peep freak. no one understands me. life is hard for us. thank goodness for my mike…kiss kiss

5. skippymom says:

wd, have you ever had chocolated-dipped Peeps? I bought some for my mother a few years ago (she is also a Peep freak), and I gather they were pretty fabulous. Don’t care for them myself, way too sweet for me.

6. cellarmouse says:

i had a friend recommend open-face peanut butter and peeps sandwiches…

7. Theresa says:

Friends don’t let friends . . . oh, forget it. 8O

8. Someone actually made clothes for Peeps? Really??????

9. skippymom says:

You find something odd about that?

10. Uh……..no.

11. dgerish says:

This contest is sheer genius. Also google “Lord of the Peeps,” a website from years back that did the whole Tolkien trilogy in peeps. It was funnier than you can imagine to see a peep in a Gandalf hat, with the ears sticking through.

12. wannadance says:

actually, too, the washington post is one of the funniest papers ever. the doo-hickeys they come up with. i used to subscribe to the new yorker, that was hilarious..may have to cut down on food and get it again. plus washington;
    with those two and cuteoverload, my life will be complete!

13. 6rabbits says:

Had no idea there was such a contest! Honestly, the new things you learn here could almost qualify this site as educational! :-)

14. Theresa says:

“Almost”??? ! :roll:

15. There is actually an entire Peep Store here in DC! I went there recently and was stunned–I got cavities just walking in the door…

@6rabbits, if you go to the Washington Post and enter Peeps Show in search you will find links to all of the past 6 contests! They are fantastic.

16. 6rabbits says:

Yes, thank you, I had already found the site and spent WAAAAAY too much time there! There should be a viewers advisory posted. :-)

17. The editors said the first year that they expected some shoebox dioramas, and their jaws dropped when they saw what was coming in– especially that year’s winning entry, “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend”…. You’re not the only one with WAAAAAAY too much time on their hands!

18. Buone dolcezze che portano via tutti i pensieri…
    Felice Pasqua

19. Theresa says:

Sei molto gentile. :D

20. What on earth is a peep? Somebody help me out here! I’m English and I have never seen them before!

21. kallisto73 says:

Thanks for asking the question for me. I was just gonna say the same thing.

22. Andi from NC says:

They are basically bunny- and bird-shaped marshmallows covered in colored sugar. We used to see them only at Easter but now you can find them more readily during the year. They have no nutritional value but you know we folks here in the states just love ridiculous stuff (it’s part of our charm…) You should give them a try sometime! In the meantime, enjoy this lovely diorama – and Happy Easter!

23. Thank you! Will see if I can get one when we’re over in September! Happy Easter!

24. No Guy Fawkes peeps?

25. kallisto73 says:

Not here on the Island, nope.

26. Theresa says:

Check out the slideshow, there definitely was one.

27. And they also have videos of the winniing entries, jsut scroll down to the bottom. Fun stuff!

28. Andi from NC says:

“Power to the PEEPLE” – awesome!!!!