Mutual of Overload’s Wild Kingdom

In the brutal world of Nature’s savage pay-per-view cage match, even the cutest creatures must fight for dominance. Here, we see a ferocious “bull” duckling defending his mate from an unwelcome interloper. Again and again, the two males will butt heads until one retreats to look for aspirin.

The stark brutality of the unforgiving wilderness, brilliantly captured by Flickr user William Warby.

Comments

1. Sheer brilliance.

2. 260Oakley says:

Mandatory de-ducktions for anyone stepping over the fowl line.

3. hmstracylee says:

d’aww wookit de widdle fuzzbutts!

*ahem*
    my apologies…

4. Cute lil’ buttheads ;-)

5. Hahaha! :D

6. El Stud Hombre says:

One of these guys probably should duck and cover.

7. I see the duck duck where’s the goose

8. Theresa says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Once again, NTMTOM takes us right into the belly of the cuteness beast! :lol:

9. metsakins says:

bwahahaha indeed…look for aspirin! your killin’ me!

10. countessmara says:

Marlin Perkins’ legacy endures with this insightful, thoughtful, over-the-top post. NOMTOM strikes again!

11. Fird Birfle says:

*waves pompoms for BebbehTawk*

12. Fird Birfle says:

I second (or perhaps “I third”??) Theresa’s BWAAAA HAAA HAAA. That was my pre-frontal reaction, as well.

Also: hoovertext = A+++++++ AND Extra Bonus Credit Points.
    As his reward, Mike gets to sit behind the bus driver,
    on the field trip to the tour of Grant’s Tomb.

13. Fird Birfle says:

Also:

obligatory reference to Jim (Marlin Perkin’s BFF)
    being chased by a mama rhino, in the background …..

14. Theresa says:

Hey, who’s buried there, Firdie? :D

15. Theresa says:

*waving hand madly* Shawpie!? Shawpie-wawpie!? There is goo-goo-ga-ga baby talk going on here! :P

16. Theresa says:

Cherished memory! While Marlin relaxes in his tent, Jim works his way down the river to check on the nest of the endangered TITANOBOA! Although why the Titanoboa would have been endangered, instead of all the rest of us, while the Titanoboa was around . . . beats me. 8O

17. Theresa says:

PS: Titanoboa. Don’t look unless you want nightmares:

18. Ah-HA! NO ONE is buried in Grant’s tomb … Mr. & Mrs. Grant are ENTOMBED there! See, it really is a trick question.

19. Fird Birfle says:

**KA-CHING!!!**
    WE HAZ A WINNAH

(Also noted in the description below)

“Well, no one actually. Mr. and Mrs. Grant are not buried.
    Their sarcophagi lie **above ground**.”

Source(s):

Signed,
    Pedantics R Us !!!!!

20. Fird Birfle says:

*irreverent snerk*

— BTW, last I knew, Sharpy had packed up, to travel to the location of
    the rocky beaches, to visit the bebbeh deer ….

21. Thankyouverrrramuch, Fird … I do wear my pedantic hat (and horn-rimmed glasses) with pride!

Not like Helena Bonham Carter in her new music video though … talk about clutching pearls! Go on, everyone … Google it. You know you want to.

22. skippymom says:

I looked, because I want nightmares.

23. I think it’s only a one-pearl clutching performance. YMMV

24. Theresa says:

Ooga booga!!

25. Maybe the M in NTMTOM should be Marlin instead of Mike. After all, he is carrying on in Marlin’s footsteps, in his own way.

At least he isn’t making Meg or Sharpy or Pyrit or Crazy Pants wrestle any cuties to the ground or anything…

26. I bet Marlin (being a herpetologist by trade) would have LOVED Titanoboa!!

Jim, being Marlin’s designated critter-wrestler, probably not so much.

27. hmstracylee says:

dang, you guys, I couldn’t help it!

28. kittykat416 says:

Aw, those ducks look more like they are nuzzling heads than butting heads to me….

29. They’re really cutting the special effects and casting budget on the Hunger Games sequel…

30. skippymom says:

Drunken pandas fighting, kittens being attacked by vacuum cleaners, now baby ducklings trying to do each other in. I’m thinking this site is becoming too violent. After all, it’s supposed to be child-friendly, right?

31. Look for their mama more like it!

32. is it just a photo ? I think it should be a vid?

33. Noggin’!

34. “The intense competition is punctuated by violent sneezes, as the battlers breathe in little bits of floof. It’s a common urban myth that a duck’s quack will not echo. So with the tiny sneezes, as they rebound off the surrounding hillside.”

(David Attenborough voice)

35. It’s going to be all CGI.

36. Theresa says:

To say nothing of all the head-sploding.

37. lds7yrs says:

lol!

38. Fird Birfle says:

particularly elegant verb choices, there !!!

39. You’ve done it again, NTMTOM!

40. Fird Birfle says:

To both Theresa & skippymom and anybody else also
    [sorry about the long coding; I only saw one option avail for this]:

41. Fird Birfle says:

OH JUNK.

Editors…..any chance you could pity me and delete the above???
    It offered a black/white cartoon about “boogie” and then substituted a page of unrelated celebr. photos.

D’OH!!!
    (facepalm)

42. victoreia says:

RTFLMAO!!!!

43. victoreia says:

*giggles*

“Ow!”
    “Ow!”
    “Will you two knock it off, already?!”

44. loribelle says:

I want Mutual of Overload to take care of all my insurance needs, particularly risk of ded from the Qte, head splodations, and melting-into-a-puddle-of-goo-ness.

45. victoreia says: