I was made for Cute Overload

Watch this lil’ otter get a little help from the Monterey Bay Aquarium after being rescued from separation from her Mummles. Hopefully, this baby will become a wild otter again…

Floating snogs to Brinke G. who also likes sloths.

Comments

1. Watched it on mute and all I saw was tummy gluttoness…awwww

2. OMG!!! This has got to be the cutest otter pup EVER!! Otters are my spirit animals and I just loooooooove their pups! I wish I could cuddle one!! Ohhhh the little whimpers just squeeze my heart!!!

3. Eeeep!!! Those little chirps sounded simply heartbreaking….but he finally seemed to adjust to the water. What a tender morsel of sheer adorableness.

4. the squeakingks, the floof, eek, splat *ded*

5. Could I have just one, small snoorgle????

6. Kari Callin says:

“Hey there, little otter bit, whatcha doing’?”

“Just lying here, sucking my thumb”

“Let me get you something better to suck on!”

” Thanks! “(slurp, slurp, slurp)

” Now close your eyes and you will get a big surprise!”

” ‘kay…… HEY! What the frac! I did NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS! Oh man, look at me, my coat is all otter water logged.”

7. Floop-feets and meepmeeps and wheeskairs, oh, my!

8. Oh the whiskery kisser!!!!!

9. As human populations reach 8 billion… our animal friends/family continue(s) to come under pressure. As I watched this video all I could think about was the loneliness of this little pup without a mom. Cute yes, sad yes.

10. If you look closely, you can see the small STEIFF tag along his side seam.

11. Kari Callin says:

Nice one! He does look like a stuffed oogey woogey cutey patooty stuffed toy!

12. A Darth Vader look-alike doesn’t seem like much of a substitute for a fuzzy mom! (Yes, I understand the reasoning behind the get-up….) I want to snorgle it!!

13. I was so worried at first at how irresponsive the pup was… But as soon as he was in the watter HE IS ALIVE ALIIIIIVE!
    Sorry.
    I really was concerned how quiet he was at first, truly! But I’m glad his caregiver is playing with him in the water :)

14. Meep ! Meep !!!

15. Meeped away by the cute…

16. … or is it “mept” away?

17. That was the first thing I noticed, too! They otter name the pup Luke.

18. “Meeeep! It’s wet! Meeeeep!! Why I otter….”

19. I think the pup was already delivered to the wild. I know that they made a movie/documentary about it which already premiered in the USA.

More info here: http://otter501.com/

20. adorita says:

Like an otter, I squee when I hit water as well.

21. Pickles says:

*snuggle!!*

22. varekai97x says:

Your comment made me wish we had the thumbs-up button again. Bravo!

23. vmunsell says:

I’m banking on the “what the frac…” statement from earlier, the water is about 52 farenheit lol

Otter (insert Stewie voice here): Oh, you, Darth Vader wanabe, i see you brought my usual…shaken not stirred.*nom nom*…not Hallowee…*nom nom*…gloves clamm…*nom nom* …a lil to the lef..WHAT THE HOLY HELL?! DO YOU REALIZE HOW FREAKIN COLD…WOH BUDDY WATCH YOUR HANDS! I DON’T KNOW YOU THAT WELL!

24. OHMYGOSH those little folded paws!! What a sweet lil bundle of otter-y joy!

25. dubyah1 says:

FTW!

26. You want to snorgle the Darth Vader proxy? Do you feel the same impulse for Darth Maul?

27. ashagato says:

asha came running at the sound of those meeps! bebeh sounds like he’s related to our favorite chatty porcupine. ;)

28. cellarmouse says:

li’l feller bobs like a cork…

29. DewiCasGwent says:

I assume the protective visor was to protect the caregiver from becoming over come by the Qte.

30. dubyah1 says:

Standard CO-viewing Hazmat gear: noticed I have NEVAIR exploded ded into a fountain of sparkles . . . yet.
    Er — nervously check Cute-COunter badge on suit to ensure have not exceeded exposure limits, espesh with several red-zone posts lately –

31. Jimbeaux says:

All the people working at that place deserve a big hand for doing what they otter do. (Yes, I use the same joke every time. Whatcha gonna do about it, huh? :D )

32. I do believe my heart just melted… They sleep like that, even in a cage? That’s just cute beyond words.

33. Rachael says:

Lord have mercy on my soul. DED!

34. jlamusings says:

This is too sweet- so glad the lil guy got rescued!
    And I have to agree all the other comments about the cuteness of the meeps, curled toes, whiskers, and do I see bubble-blowing when he first realizes he’s in the water???? So CUTE! *head explodes*

35. *ME NO LIKE WATTERS!!* *Oh, okay, its not so bad.*
    Reminds me of kid bath time.

36. Cute is as cute does.
    And boy does he ever!!!!

37. they rescute him from that cage and put him back in his natural habitat with the floaty felt seaweeds…

is it just me, or did this video seem staged?

38. dubyah1 says:

cutespiracy theory!

39. I agree – I think wildlife rescue people are huge heroes!! I used to do foster care & rescue with cats, but the kittehs went to good homes, not out in the big open wild! I’m not sure I could let them go out unprotected like that…

40. Only if I can have one, too! What a sweet little girl. I’m glad she found people to help her.

41. The folks at Monterey Bay are my heroes, they do great work for animals and education. I love their penguin-webcam, good stuffs.

Is it just me, or do his little protests sound quite like our friend Teddy the Talking Porcupine? “mehh! meeh! snek urrgh eep mehrr!”

42. okay thread jack because the only way I seem to get stuff on Cute overload ais this way LOL

Have you guys seen HArry teh hermit crab in his lego shell.

43. fleurdamour says:

Yes, it does look a like a dark wizard with a soft spot for fuzzy animals. LOL!

44. CathyDee says:

Ahhh. The cute is strong in this one.

45. Holy crap…. I want to carry around a cute floofy floppy bebeh otter too!!! Where can I get that job?

46. Lol that’s awesome :D Hermit crabs are so goofy hehe

47. Lynsey Adams says:

That was my favortie part too!! Like a little fuzzy package of cute fluffness just waiting to be snuggled wif!

48. It’s real! Promise! The folks at the Monterey Bay Aquarium do this almost every single day with real otters who have been rescued from the wild. This otter in this video is actually otter 501, the animal our film is about: http://www.facebook.com/otter501.

49. Thanks for all the lurv, folks! This video is of the otter pup who stars in our film, Otter 501: http://www.facebook.com/otter501 It’s going to be in select theaters starting this May! Check out our events tab for more info

Check us out on facebook and, fair warning, there are more cute vids of otter 501 here: http://www.youtube.com/KatieOtter501

We’ll keep ‘em coming!

For the bebeh otters!
    The Otter 501 Team

50. I adore the fact that this little pup loves to be on its back. I’ve never seen an animal picked up like that.
    P.S. I want one.

51. Yes you were! We wish our humans would adopt an otter.
    *Kisses*
    Bella and DiDi

52. This is awesome!! Think of all the fun we could have building him ever more elaborate shelters. With little Lego people on top:)

53. Who knew baby otters squawked like a parakeet?

54. D: You gotta watch it again with sound next time. The leetle chirps killed me ded.

55. Brown Suga' says:

I thought it was Darth Vader too!

56. Hmmm….seems I have a pronoun problem there! (or secret dark impulses)

57. Heehee

58. I suspect many see him as the ultimate bad boy who can be redeemed by love. On the other hand, Darth Maul has an estrogen brigade and fanfic that horrifies George Lucas. Now why women would want to eat fried chicken off his horns is beyond me.

So embrace that dark impulse, you’re probably not alone.

59. His ottery face looks so anxious in the first shot. I’m glad he’s being helped.

60. i agree you need to have the sound on. so darn cute.

61. Blue Footed Booby says:

Carl Sagan is my spirit animal.

62. lol exactly!

63. otter’s are fluffy. who knew?

64. Badá Rock says:

Why the Darth Vader costume?

65. a likely story. and is there an otter 565 and an otter skinnyjeans?