This Year’s Model Of Dachshunds Are In!

Fully loaded with GPS, all terrain maneuverability and NIGHT VISION.

How does yours run, Pam W.?

1. AND with extra-silky ear flops.

2. the cutest dog ever well mine is cuter than anything in the world :p

3. I know it’s hard to spell: Dachshunds. :D

4. Crazy Pants says:

Thank you so much for the spell check! I looked it up and everything and still didn’t get it right. Sigh. It’s a good thing this little guy is so cute – cheers me right up!

5. CP, we love you! We espesh love that you’re such a good sport! :)

6. skippymom says:

I think it’s time for a GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. I’m a word geek, and I won three out of four spelling bees during elementary school. The one that I lost was because of the word dachshund. It is hard to spell!

This little gal/guy is adorable, even with death ray eye. Tiny boop on the nose for you, pup!

8. it’s easy if you’re German: dachs hund (roof dog?)

9. Huh–I never knew that was what it meant. Any idea where “roof” comes into play? I don’t think dachshunds tend to hang out on roofs…

10. “Dachs” is the german word für badger. Since these dogs are bred for hunting burrowing animals, it makes sense.

The common german name for this breed is “Dackel”, or sometimes “Teckel”.

11. try weiner dogs

12. I never sausage cuteness before.

13. Robin Kiesel says:

OMG!!!! YOU are on a ROLL!! …a hotdog roll:)

14. Except it would be Wiener dogs.

15. Let me be frank: Your puns are the wurst.

16. Don’t mind me. I’m just being a brat(wurst).

17. skippymom says:

On a bun!

18. 6rabbits says:

Recommend to all punners the book _The Hallo-wiener_ by Dav Pilkey!

19. try weinie dogs

20. skippymom says:

Imagine how confusing it would be if there were a dachshund on a chaise longue….

21. and if the room were lit by fluorescent lighting…

22. skippymom says:

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!

23. Theresa says:

How do those salts smell, Firdie? 8O

24. Fird Birfle says:

*clutches pearls and smelling salts*

25. with their noses, a’course

26. victoreia says:

27. Fird Birfle says:

*giggles at Angel*

To La Therese:

The 1889 book that provided this [information, states the following]:

Ingredients: ammonium carbonate, pearlash, cubeb,
    essential oils of bergamot, camphor, cloves, peppermint

The source specifies this method of application:
    **They are certainly strong-smelling; make sure to gently waft the scent towards you, and do not inhale deeply directly from the bottle.**

Recipe Source: 1889 Practical Hand-Book of Toilet Preparations
    author: Begy, Joseph.

[web source: ]

PS: I ain’t of no kinda mind tonight, tuh look up none o’ them thar
    ingrejents frum whut tha buuk sez.

28. to recap: a malleable dachshund recumbent on a maneuverable chaise longe in a voom with fluorescent lighting. Ahh, got tha pikcha.

29. Mod longe! Wha? and I didn’t even use any code words. Wonder what the new code word is? Well, I can ponder it whilst sniffing a brandy snifter as I kronsche a salmon frittata.

30. Robin Kiesel says:

I NEVER know what the code words are!

31. c*m – part of rec*mbent :)

32. hmstracylee says:

I’m sure he’s gas-powered…

33. *snerk*

34. Well, duh … beans ‘n’ franks go together, after all!

35. victoreia says:

36. Ali-Baba says:

Ah well, this toot shall pass!

37. skippymom says:

You people are all so juvenile, I swear I don’t know why I hang out with you.

38. victoreia says:

@skippymom: ‘cuz we’re all the same level of mental maturity?

39. warrior rabbit says:

My immaturity keeps me young. Don’t know about the rest of you geezers.

40. Hover Dachsen. You can smell him before he enters the room.

41. All models come fully equiped with Snorggle Mode.

42. skippymom says:

Is that the Scandinavian version?

43. Yes! So make sure you roll those GGGGG’s

44. skippymom says:

GGGGGGGGGGGGG *chokes and passes out*

45. skippymom says:

*tries to regain consciousness, but can’t really be bothered to make the effort*

46. Theresa says:

*tries to revive skippymom, but is too lazy*

47. My doxie runs on orneriness and attitude!

48. 260Oakley says:

A truly mobile hot Spot

49. THey are built low to the ground for more stability on the curves.

50. That would be the famed MINI-doxie go-cart handling.

51. 260Oakley says:

The MINI Pooper
    (sends 8-year-old inner child for a time out)

52. My 8-year-old inner child can’t stop giggling :lol:

53. Ali-Baba says:

Mine neither, cause now imma picturing wee lil’ tootsie rolls that are left behind after, well, you know! ;-)

54. skippymom says:

Hey, while we’re on the subject of POOP, has anybody ever heard of giving a cat canned pumpkin to relieve constipation? It was recommended to me today (I won’t say who is having the problem, as he would be mortified).

55. Fird Birfle says:

Aw, poor Skippy ;)

56. One of my vets suggested that once, for one of my cats that has, shall we say, extra dry poop… not that you all wanted to know that, I’m sure… I never tried it though, so can not vouch for it.

57. warrior rabbit says:

Skippymom, this is frequently recommended for bunnies in stasis. I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for a cat. Has to be pure pumpkin, not the pumpkin filling stuff in a can.

58. Be careful, skippymom – it works almost too well!

59. Robin Kiesel says:

Yes, I’ve heard about this. Pumpkin is a great natural fiber and many cats actually like the taste and will just eat it “as is”. Give the UNKNOWN cat one teaspoon of canned pumpkin a few times a day until things improve. If UNKNOWM cat won’t eat the pumpkin, try a teaspoon of fiber mixed with broth. My coocoo cat loves butter and that gets things going. Good Luck

60. Our double dapple male doxie’s blue eyes glow red and our female red doxie’s brown eyes glow green. Wonder why?