Invaders From the Planet Electrolux!

I was trapped—cornered by hideous space beasts the likes of which I’d never seen before. Just then, I heard the ear-splitting whine of their atomic anti-matter death ray. Raising my hands in surrender, I could only pray they took prisoners.

Fave Frame™

Comments

1. Awwwwwwwww. Break my heart, why don’t you!!!!

2. OMG. How completely adorable!! Poor kitty is so worried!

This reminds me SO MUCH of Meg’s Very First Post. The one that launched this fantastic site!

3. sunnylessmum says:

Rushes in to pick up, hold, soothe, cuddle and reassure poor bebeh kitteh! There there little one, I’ll make sure you’re never scared again :)

4. I personally think that it’s an electronic Steiff kitten.

5. Oohhh! So not fair! Poor kitten! I hope s/he got lots of cuddles and treats after being so scared!!

6. victoreia says:

Poor baby! No bolt-hole to hide in!

7. wuyizidi says:

So that’s how the game is played: good cop/bad vacuum.

8. wuyizidi says:

Nature abhors a vacuum.

9. Aww poor little thing!! My baby used to be terrified of the vacuum too, but now she doesn’t even care. Hopefully this little sweetie will get over her fears too :)

10. My inner Sheldon is amused :-)

11. Bonnie Bee says:

Instead of filming, *why* aren’t they picking up the poor lil’ kitteh??!!! Sob!!

12. Soft kitty. Warm kitty. Little ball of fur…….. NOT HAPPY!

13. Good thing I don’t have a cat. I’d never get any vacuuming done for the fear of frightening the poor thing.

14. Christy says:

Awww, poor kitty! Don’t traumatize the kitty! :-(((

15. The last time I used the vacuum cleaner there was the usual stampede of cats heading for the basement.

Unfortunately Bindi and Mia didn’t make the turn in time and plowed into the food bowl creating an explosion of kibble that reminded me of Old Faithful erupting :lol:

16. dgerish says:

Perhaps my favoritest Far Side cartoon of all. Thanks for the reminder!

17. dgerish says:

When you’re that tiny, you could get sucked up all too easily. I use a shopvac because I’ve got wood floors, and it loves to eat cat toys. Little baby isn’t that much bigger.

18. Blue Footed Booby says:

This looks a lot like the process of trying to my family’s second dog that the Vacuum Monster is not dangerous.

The other dog will kind of look at the vacuum and then go back to sleep. When it’s time to vacuum where he’s sleeping you kind of poke him with it and then he’ll sigh and reluctantly move.

Guess which dog is a lab!

19. lds7yrs says:

Lol, literally. I am sure my neighbors wonder what I am up to, what with my periodic outbursts of “Squeeeeeeeeeeee”, and laughter, and even guffaws! :D You guys always make my day!

20. Sasha's Mum says:

Sasha was always more leery than afraid of the vacuum. But, since I pretty much only ever vacuum when company is on the way ( ! ) mostly I could feel her thinking “so, who’s coming over? and will they have treats for me?”

21. Awww, poor kitty should come live with me. I NEVER turn my vacuum on!

22. CUTE OR SAD.
    I VOTE SAD. I’m crying over here

23. skippymom says:

I love how so many of us here (self included) admit to being lax housekeepers.

24. Heh!

25. My cat Sage will actually stand on the vaccum and thinks its some sort of ride.Like a ride to the moon :)

26. No kidding. Poor baby! Mean, mean vacuuming person! I hope the kitten got lots of treats.

27. JenDeyan says:

I’m dead. Just like that. Stone cold dead. WHAM! Extreme cuteness to the face. What a way to go…

28. schnitten! wants to squeeze your wee white paws!

29. Link?

30. Hadricat says:
  31. dgerish, did you mean this Far Side?

(obviously, I love it)

32. What a cute little baby – OOH I loved his being sucked backed to the couch. I have 3 furry kitty monsters – Do you have any plans on how to suck them back to the couch ?

33. ‘Tis reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbs, too. They were always fending off evil overlords from the planet Zorplpft.

34. Murkle 46 says:

I vote sad too.
    What a precious little kitty.

35. Absolutely amazing.

36. victoreia says:

“My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.” -Anon.

37. frightened kittens are the cutest- here is zee proof

38. wuyizidi says:

Obviously the work of Dirt Devil.

39. Nice!

40. wuyizidi says:

Daww, a Scottish Fold. Look at him trying to hiss.

Sometimes I wonder if their folded ears send the wrong signal to other cats, like they’re being angry or afraid even when they’re not.

41. the other jen says:

why don’t they comfort kitty instead of FILMING it!??! GRRRRR.

42. dubyah1 says:

Don’t worry, pearl clutchers: behold the carrot-tailed, pointy, pouncy REVENGE of Kitten Cute!

43. *golf clap*

44. I don’t think that’s how you pass the Kobayashi Maru…

45. Fird Birfle says:

Didn’t we determine,
    that teh Ebil vacuums are closely related to teh Ebil printers??

46. Aw he’s showing off how brave he is now! “I stomp on that old video of me being a sissy!”

47. Fird Birfle says:

Does Steiff mfr electronic Electrolux vacuums??? 8-O

48. Fird Birfle says:

“nudge, nudge;
    wink, wink” :)

49. Fird Birfle says:

Some television network in the past 48 hrs or so, showed a kitty for whom the household Roomba WAS his vehicle for doing perimeter checks around the house.
    He looked VERY blase about it.

That’s how I could tell, he wuz a Kat. The blase facial expreshe.

50. I know that was mean!!

51. mean and sad!!

52. Coco's Mom says:

You can see his leetle belleh button!

53. Stunbunny says:

Is anyone else concerned about the recent proliferation of cute pet videos coming out of Russia? I don’t want to seem paranoid but there’s something sinister in it all. If I’m taken in the night, remember, I warned you all!

54. wuyizidi says:

As a true patriot I too take my duty of being constantly afraid and paranoid very seriously. So thank you pointing this out, this newly emerging, bizarre, foreign source of weapons-grade cuteness will surely be the death of us all.

55. wuyizidi says:

“… because nobody backs baby into a corner.”

56. I know, the other jen :( It makes me want to pick up that cute little kitty and wrap him/her up in my jacket and take him/her home with me :(

57. I know! me too ;( poor little baby

58. *clap clap clap* love the Dirty Dancing reference :)

I carried a watermelon!

Poor kitty….if I weren’t allergic to you…I’d pick you up and snorgle you. Hmmm I’d probably still do that and just suffer the consequences of watery eyes…and sneezing.

The pup over here used to attack the vacuum cleaner when she was a puppeh…now most of the time she just stares at it in disdain, although every so often puppeh her comes out and attacks it.

59. Mine too! Alas, dust bunnies do not cower under my gaze.

60. Hmmmm…..maybe I need to get a cat……

61. All time Internet great. Poor sweet Sharky doesn’t deserve the whap in the kisser, but I still laugh. I am a bad person. :cry:

62. Oh, the white blob on the end of the tail!!!!

63. I have to agree. I did not like getting this cuteness via terrifying a kitten.

64. Alice Shortcake says:

Damn this foreign weapons-grade cuteness – it leaves buildings standing but reduces humans to puddles of goo!

65. There have been articles about this before. Apparently the Pentagon tracking this sort of cyber attacks:

66. Kari Callin says:

HAHAHA! I was just playing the video for the first time, with the volume up, and as soon as the vacuum noise started, my cat bolted from the room! Apparently even virtual vacuums posses a clear and present danger! ;D

67. I’ll take her away from the evil machine ;)

68. Hopelessly adorabuhls! Poor baby, bless it. :)

69. I run a dust bunny refugee house. All dust bunnies are safe here.

70. Rachael says:

Lax? As in… hasn’t vacuumed since before Christmas?

71. Rachael says:

All creatures great and small take advantage of poor Sharky’s sweet nature. I’d love a cuddle with that big not-so-scary pit!

72. Jeffray says:

In Soviet Russia, cute pet videos watch YOU!

73. jerzowa says:

How hilarious! Yet another funny thing I learn about wyhile enjoying the cute. This site and the commenters are a true treasure island for someone like me, foreign to English language and culture :)

74. jerzowa says:

How hilarious! Thank you for the link, Hadricat :) Everyday I discover something fresh and fascinating at this site and in the comments. Truly, The Cute Overload is such a treasure island for someone like me, foreign to English language :)

75. My cat is going on 7 years old and still hates the vacuum. She hides in the bathtub the entire time it is running. That is her safe place. Company coming over…bathtub. Thunderstorm…bathtub. I can never get a clear outer shower curtain because she’ll be devastated. She hides between the curtain and the liner – totally neurotic, but adorable.

76. Sooo sad… this kitty will stay scared of the vacuum for the rest of it’s life… This is not what I expect to see on CuteOverload!! My heart broke for the poor thing.

77. Stressfactor says:

Oh lord, I should BE so lucky! My Rat Terrier (who thinks she’s a combination of Bruce Lee and Godzilla) will attack and bite the vacuum cleaner if I don’t lock her in the bathroom while I vacuum.

78. Poor kitty.
    My cat (6yo) still hates the vaccuum and will always run and hide when I start it up. Not sure why b/c I’ve never purposely tried to scare him with it *shrugs*

79. Saffron says:

No, kitteh knows how to pass…he is using computer to reprogram the simulation! :)

80. Fird Birfle says:

*As long as you never show kitty “Psycho” [re. bathtub scene]

81. flutterby says:

The hook that got me to comment again! Knew from the title it was a NTMTOM production and that video – way too cute/funny. As usual, CO makes me happy or tickles me silly!!

82. AWWW – The little paws and eyes have it nailed. What a little cutie. Thank you for sharing this moment in time.

83. Lor we’re nerds….

84. Kittayn is sooo cute! I will save you! Leap into my arms NOW. :D

I guess Maru is not afraid of vacuums since his human’s place is so incredibly clean!

I have a kitteh that is not afraid of anything (including vacuums)…except when I sneeze. You can run a vacuum right next her, drop a pan …. and nothing. But when I sneeze, she bolts away in terror. Cats are weird.

85. Marianne says:

My mom had two black long-haired brother cats, one of whom hated the vacuum cleaner. The other one would lie on the floor watching and not moving, so one day my mom vacuumed him with the small soft brush. He loved it! Rolled over on his back, exposed his entire belly! So then she started cleaning him every time, front, back, sides, tail, top of his head; and he would purr like a motorboat, and his eyes would start to cross. The cat-hair-on-the-furniture factor changed dramatically after that.

86. Saw this on TV last night and I thought not cute or funny! That person is terrorizing him! Poor baby, makes me sad.

87. womblegirl says:

reminds me of one of our cats as a kid. her favourite place to snooze was the back of the sofa, so was often furry as a result. Mum had a small handheld vacuum that she used to use for that bit, and an unbeatable way to get pixie to purr was to run the vacuum over the back of the sofa, onto her tail, over her body and onto her head. She would even roll over to let you get bits you missed…..

88. I sure did. Cracks me up every time.

89. Fird Birfle says:

re. “Cats are weird.”: THAT”S WHY they own us.

or me, at least!!!

90. victoreia says:

If we didn’t, we should!

91. victoreia says:

Yup, that’s *my* excuse reason for not vacuuming! It frightens the cats!

92. This one undid me completely. Broke my heart…

93. Snowpea says:

I will take this kitten prisoner! It clearly is an enemy of order!

:runnnnnnswithkittentomakeitsafeandgiveitcuddles:

94. it’s all good until the little kitty piddles on the couch from fright.

95. wow…i guess scaring kittens will be the new cute

96. curious says:

Tink, I was sad as well that the kitten appeared to be chased and s/he was genuinely distressed.

97. Cannot tell whether nuffing has gotten this bad or if they’re all parodists and poes /insert Futurama face

98. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

If you’re following Love and Hisses, as I am since discovering it on CO, you’ll know that little baby Darwin stood up in the corner the other day, and yes, that reference was made. :)

99. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

My Philo (in avatar) gets between the shower curtain and the translucent curtain liner, when I’m in the shower, and goes patpatpat against the soapsuds clinging to the liner. :) When I get out of the shower, he jumps down, as if to say, “My work here is done.”

100. Marianne and womblegirl, both of your stories reminded me of a story my Aunt Doris told us when she was visiting relatives. She was vacuuming the carpet and one of the two cats took off but the other one just laid there. Aunt Doris kept vacuuming right up to that other cat and, when he would not move, she gently vacuumed him and then flipped him over and gently vacuumed his other side. She said she just continued on vacuuming. Two days later when she started up the vacuum, that cat she had vacuumed came running up and flopped down in front of the vacuum as if to say “Please vacuum me again.”