Hungry Happy Harry Hippo Holds Handsome Honker Hilariously

Hard to believe anyone would reject this cuddly blorper, but that’s just what Harry the Pygmy Hippo’s mother did, so keepers at a wildlife sanctuary in South Africa raised him by hand ’round the clock. Looks like he has an effective way of telling you when it’s time for a feeding, too.

Picture by Miller and MacLean/Caters News. Story, more pictures at The Huffington Post.

Comments

1. OMG! Is that real or is that the House Hippo?

2. It’s been said that a hippo has a face only a mother could love. This one’s the opposite.

3. When I saw this little guy at Zooborns, I squeed my pants. My workplace needs one of these guys.

4. Man, bad enough I’m on the waiting list for the house giraffe, now I can’t get a house hippo either?

5. HOLY CARP!! 8O

6. mairsydoats says:

This little guy ‘minds me of a cool sci-fi short story by Heinlein…If I had the privilege of taking this fine young blorp home, I would *so* name him Napoleon! And teach him to write!

7. I want a heepo, exactly that size. a pocket heepo

8. hmstracylee says:

He booped his handler! Reverse boopage!

Or is he playing “gotcher nose”?

Either way, he’s adoooorrabllllle

9. cellarmouse says:

why it’s harry-the-rat-with-women in the flesh…he’d best heed his nose…

10. 260Oakley says:

I’m stunned. I’m amazed. I’m powerless before him. I think I’ve been… hippo-nose-tised!

11. I refuse to believe in the existence of this teeny baby hippo because otherwise I would have to have one and I can’t so it doesn’t exist.

12. I vote this goes on the women of C.O. calendar.

13. Kari Callin says:

“You gots e little bit of milk on your nose. I’ll take care of that for you.”
    Slurp, slurp, slurp

14. House Hippos rule! [and the leetle footyprints in the pb&j’s].

15. No tongue-hance? Rly? Pleez remedy this, pleeeeeeeeeez?

16. Imagine Attenboroughesque dulcet tones:
    ‘The South African or Emperor House Hippo emerges from its sock drawer at dusk to stalk its prey.
    The favourite foods of the bebbeh HH are pb&j, meelks, and unsuspecting schnozzes. Its target, once chosen, is doomed, and here we see one such lone human, separated from its packmates, is quickly amused, overcome in an HH ded-roll, and kronched. Ded.

17. Bwawawawawawaaaaaaaaah!

18. Perhaps she is laughing so hard that milk comes out her nose?

19. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas…

Srsly, tho, those critters can kill you when they’re full-grown.

20. Hmm, i no can haz embed?

21. SoCrates says:

I reject you reality and substitute my own!

22. I saw the Mythbusters: Behind the myths Tour yesterday if your a fan and you have a chance to catch it do, it has a lot of fun!

23. victoreia says:

*golf clap*

24. victoreia says:

That’s my sister’s favorite Christmas song; maybe I should get her one for next Christmas……

25. (throws roses)

26. Fird Birfle says:

Kari wins tha Innernets tuhday!!!

27. Owl.

28. But Napoleon the elephant had a trunk.

29. mplsdeb says:

Love it!!! Oakley…you slay me.

30. life is not fair!!!!! how come she gets hippo kisses & I don’t…..

31. Nose boop to end all nose boops.

32. Make that a PhD in Nose Boop.

33. Sasha's Mum says:

LOL, that was my first thought too, Angel!

(And my first and only thought every time I see that commercial is *not* “hey, cool message about critical thinking and being media savvy” … but rather “I WANT a HOUSE HIPPO! NOW!”)

34. Blorpie’s giving a beep to her booper.

35. Cutie-pie is from South Africa – I knew my country was not a lost cause :D

36. Kittybabiesmom says:

I love him and I need his itty bitty hippo kisses today!