THIS JUST IN: The Teeniest McRibbersons is reportin’ that a teeny tiny mcfroggersons was discovered in Papua New Guinea! The story goes:

When two Cornell University undergraduates and a recent graduate went on a field research trip to Papua New Guinea in 2008, little did they know it would lead to entries in the Guinness Book of World Records and a groundbreaking research paper.

On his knees poking at a millipede, Grundler heard a clicking sound he and others had previously assumed was crickets, but turning his head, he saw a tiny frog inflating its vocal sack… The adult males reach an average size of 8.5 millimeters.

Photo by Rittmeyer et al. Story sent in by Chief Financial Occifer The Dude.

1. Mary (the first) says:

How do people even see those tiny little things?? So adorabuhls!!!

2. It’s not easy being teeny… nor even greeny.

3. bob drummond says:

Greenie ? No! Brownie, Yes !!

4. “Inflating its vocal sack” *SNERK*

5. that’s a metaphor i’m throwing at blowhards on the TV forever, from now on

6. Linda M. says:

More like a dozen a dime

7. “Oh froggies are divine, you get a dozen for a dime, it’s maaaaagic!”

8. Kari Callin says:

Nice one!!

9. victoreia says:

At first, I thought that was a quarter. Then I read the hovertext, and took a closer look at the coin.

*jaw drops*

(Excuse me, I have to look for my jaw now…..)

10. cellarmouse says:

there must be safety in smallness…but they’re really gonna hafta learn not to be so noisy…hah!…who am i kiddin’?…what hormone driven male ever considered mortality a deterrent to, well, you know, survival of the species…

11. Survival of the specie, that one way to put it :lol:

12. Too precious! I adore frogs already- but make the super tiny and snub nosed and it’s love!

13. hmstracylee says:

shouldn’t it be: photo by Ribbitmeyer, et al…?

14. violetgreen says:

OMG. And there’s a little skeleton in there, and a teensy heart and all the vital organs… [*head explodes*]

15. Violetgreen, that’s the thought that always makes my head explode too. How do they fit all that in there???

16. O Hai, Nuri…..; God has the blueprints and He’s nawt telling…..!!!! :shock:

17. No there isn’t! It’s filled with chocolate cream! :roll:

18. earlybird1 says:

Yes, and think about his teeny tiny toes!! EEEEEEE!

19. The Original Jane says:

If your thumb or big toe were large enough, he could be a nail art piece. :)

20. Legotech says:

I think he IS small enough, he’s like 1/5th the size of that dime! I want a whole terrarium full of these guys!

21. Shouldn’t that be “McRibbetson”? I woulda thunk that a McRibberson would be a teeny peeglet.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

22. same here! but then i got so excited, i just forgot all logic and sense.

23. Alice Shortcake says:

“On his knees poking at a millipede…” are the best opening words I’ve read for some time.

24. Fird Birfle says:

All together now:

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wuz an itsy-bitsy, teeeeny-weeeeny, leetle….”

[etc] :)

25. “tiny hoppin’ froggy, thaaaaat we saw for the first time today!”
    Yay CO sing-alongs! Who brought the s’mores?! :-)

26. Fird Birfle says:

27. Queen of Dork says:

I SO adore frogs. And I love the little elbow on this one. I would have LOVED to have heard the tiny sound this one made when he hopped onto the coin. I’ll bet it made a lovely sound like…..*plip*

28. Wowzers! I didn’t know any vertebrates came in such teeny sizes! I wonder if this is the teeniest backboned critter?

*looks it up on google*