Wait, What Was Step Three Again?

Congratulations, rocketeer! Just follow these simple instructions, and your X-500 Mega Rocket will be ready to hurtle into the cosmos!

1. Attach stabilizer fins (a) to first-stage fuselage (b)
  2. Load fuel canister (c)
  3. Insert cat (d) into second-stage nose cone unit (e)
  4. Attach first-stage unit to second-stage unit
  5. Light fuse (f)

“All Carbon” by Flickr user Steve Jurvetson.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Fuzz Aldrin, catstronaut

2. skippymom says:

WTF?

3. *pushes glasses up onto bridge of nose and dons lab coat* Hmmmm we’re gonna need more kittehs…

4. :lol: That kitty looks like he/she wants to know what his/her owner plans to do with this rocket once it is assembled :lol:

5. bam! thread over in one. Nice, Oakley.

6. He looks as if he is comparing himself to the rocket to see if he will fit. Or maybe he doesn’t want to fit and is making sure he doesn’t.

7. mindadale says:

Kitty says,”Black stripey stuff lays out on the warm concrete to be admired? Okay, I can get on board with that.” (Just as long as I don’t have to get “on board”…)

8. Kitty is thinking..”really what are you so involved with that Thing for… I am here, see how beautiful i am..you Know you would rather play with me”.

9. Well, after the arrival of Tacocopter I was hoping the next step would be Rockitty. :P

10. Ground control to Major Tom(cat)

11. skippymom says:

Cool! Is that real?

12. skippymom says:

CLAP CLAP CLAP

13. Hay that is up in the bay area… I wonder if they would fly my tacos down to me. IT is only like 120 more or less miles away!

14. IT is not real Skippymom but isn’t it like the coolest Idea ever!

15. hmstracylee says:

what page is this on in the ACME catalog?

16. And the cat came back,
    The very next day,
    The cat came back, they thought he was a goner,
    But the cat came back,
    Just wouldn’t stay away, away, away, away . . .

17. You beat me to it !

18. ARRRRRGG! Now that song will be stuck in my head for hours!!!

19. Wait, where do you put the dilithium crystals?

20. Fird Birfle says:

check step (g) in the hovertext.

21. Fird Birfle says:

YAY

Signed,
    Wile E. Coyote

22. Fird Birfle says:

Should that not have been “roC(k)ATeer”??? ;)

Signed,
    Mischevious

23. Houston, we have a problem.

24. skippymom says:

Dang, I really wanted to order a taco delivery. Thanks for raising my hopes, Theresa. Darn you to heck.

25. This reminds me of an on-line invention of a friend of happy memory from years ago:
    The ACME Lawnchair Rocket Launcher!!!

26. victoreia says:

:lol:

27. I can haz astronaut training?

28. Who needs step 1 (attach stabilizer fins) when you have a kitteh with a tail like that? Talk about an optimal aerodynamic control mechanism!

29. * golf clap *

30. That is a beautiful tail, isn’t it. So full and colorful.

31. Is it me or does that look like really, really big disassembled pen?

32. Anyone who has had cats tearing across your bed at 5 am knows they need no rocket to achieve mach 10.

That cat is gorgeous!

33. skippymom says:

At first I thought it was a pen and the kitty was some experimental super-mini-size breed.

34. You gotta love how cats always have to lay in the middle of whatever project you happen to be working on.

35. Alice Shortcake says:

Ooh, the cat’s eyes match the fuselage!

36. Mary (the first) says:

It’s just just you.

37. Mary (the first) says:

That’s supposed to say, It’s NOT just you. *sigh*

38. Fird Birfle says:

@ kar: oooooh, VERY nice!!!

@ Mary: Gosh. I always thought I was the only one, attacked by my keyboard.
    *sending positive karma, yer way*

39. paular27 says:

I believe that is a misuse of a perfectly good kitty.

40. Lerrinus says:

*scrolls back up to check*
    Yup, Matchinks tag is definitely needed here!

41. True that!

42. I always knew that cat was plotting something. *gives leery eyes to feline*

43. Ali-Baba says:

Purrher von Braun says, “Actually, it IS rocket science!”

44. kibblenibble says:

This is a flooftacular and handsome kitteh. Evidence: Tail and tummeh region. Check it!

45. Am I the only one who puts this in the same category as critter-in-a-blender/stove pot/microwave oven?? At least the idiots who might actually attempt probably aren’t drawn to cuteness…

46. I first thought it was a Japanese super-bonsai cat

47. But see how innocent he/she looks when you discover the plot!

48. Is this kitty perchance named Alice? (to the moon……)

49. Oh so that how you make scat missile.

50. I call matchings!!!! Or close enough…….
    too cute :lol:

51. Kitty has the classic, “Wait…what now?” face.

52. snoopysnake says:

One of my cats is named Taco and in fact she is my avatar.

53. snoopysnake says:

You are NOT going to fly my cat Taco anywhere especially in that rocket. She is busy sleeping.

54. snoopysnake says:

You mean, Mewston, we have a problem.

55. snoopysnake says:

DH says this requires an IKEA name. Okay, Kattrokkit.

56. Godspeed, Space Cat!

57. Wow, the picture taker is Steve Jurvetson of the venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson.

58. :lol: I read the hovertext :lol: Said owner would get the clawing of a lifetime just trying to get a parachite on that kitty :lol:

59. Carolyn says:

Sorry…I can’t find the cuteness in teasing about skyrocketing a cat. But…that is one gorgeous kitty. :)