Let’s Play: Animal or Dust Ball

You can’t tell the difference between this puppet, this kitteh and a Totoro Dust Ball.

OK, the pup has a collar. But if the dust ball had a collar, you couldn’t tell.

Dustball

Check it: [double take neck spasm]

Imgthing
Dust Balls! Now available without collars at Skankazon! Kitten dust ball courtesy of Ant over at AQFL.net.

Comments

1. Tater Tot says:

I need a kitty dustball!

2. Bless this little guy’s heart!

3. The resemblance is uncanny.

4. The dust balls in “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Spirited Away” are called Susuwatari.

5. Fird Birfle says:

A BLACK ONE !!!!

6. OMG, the puppy is completely redonk!

7. Mary (the first) says:

Beautiful kitteh!!

8. Doo dee doo, here in the Mod Lounge, looking under the furniture for puppy and kitty dust balls…I hope I find some!

9. Fird Birfle says:

PS: Ennybuddy else, notice the url???
    It has an *OLD* “Ol’ West” reference!!!

10. Fird Birfle says:

OOPS ME SO TANGLEDY

I had two diff. posts cornfused. The Old West, ol West url, is under Mike’s Western OK Hamster thinggie.

*blush*

Sorry.

*runs away in @ngst*

11. Or, makkuro kurosuke! In Totoro though, they didn’t have arms and legs like they did in Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away). Still frakkin’ adorable, regardless. And the star candies they eat (konpeito) takes me back in the day! Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki nerd alert!

12. Nano's mom says:

I have a kitty dustball, but she’s not black

13. Re: the kitty — Abracapocus! Hocuscadabra!

14. Robin Kiesel says:

Don’t worry, I’m always confuddled and befused

15. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

16. awww Firdie! *provides firdie with consolation pom poms* its okay :)

17. loves it!

18. Jiffknee says:

Wish I had some tuna for da’ middle floofball. A little peenk tongue in the middle of the big-eyed black fluffness? *gack-thunk-ded*

19. Alien Guardian says:

Susuwatari!

20. Looks more like a Chuzzle to me.

21. Not to brag but I have TWO black kitty dust balls! :D

(And a million black kitty dust bunnys generated by having two black kitty dust balls. *sigh*)

22. Soot sprites! <3 I love those little guys.

23. I’d boop that kitty’s nose but i’m not sure that they have one! Too redunk.

24. What IS that puppers? Where is What? Is? That? when you need it?

25. Hahaha, they´re so cute, real ones and plushie. :) I got a couple of those dust devils in Tokyo when I was there, and my local friend Ayumi explained to me that these things “live in chimneys” that´s why they´re black, heheh. ;)

26. That is Beatrix! She is one of the Apartment Therapy pooches and I believe she’s a Brussels Griffon. I have been by er stalking her for years but I can’t seem to find any pictures of her growed-up preshusness.

27. Um, cyber stalking. Guess I shouldn’t be trying to type at 5 am!

28. Le Chat is Adorbs!

29. Thanks, Rani. I would never have guessed that breed. Nice to know her fabulous name, too!

30. Oh yeah, I can’t believe I’m not the only Miyazaki nerd here! I swear it was my first thought before my eyes even reached the word Totoro. OMG Amazon has everything!!! LOL

31. I was thinking more lik….

32. like….

33. Fird Birfle says:

*shakes consolation pom poms*

grins shyly @ Robin & @ Emmylee

34. Fird Birfle says:

PS: a Matchingks Tag wouldn’t hurt enny …..

35. kallisto73 says:

Makurukuruske!!!! I have one of those, I have one of those.
    Totally “Spirited Away!” Awwwww

36. victoreia says:

Oh sure……brag about it! ;)

37. Ummm; where are the Kitteh Dust Ball’s feets?
    (Or does she just ROFL at will?? Inquiring minds have to know….!!!) :shock:

38. ROFL, of course. But do not try this at home… she is a professional. ;)

39. Nope! Not the only one!

I liked the tree spirits in Mononoke no Hime too: Kodama! Cute lil rattleheads.

40. montanagramma says:

showoff! (sniff, sigh…)

41. montanagramma says:

OMG!!! THANK YOU FOR BUGS! HES ALWAYS BEEN THE ‘MAN’!

42. AWW, I so want two black kitty dustballs to snorgle :D

43. YES! Chuzzle, dustball style! Someone make that game, please!

44. I can’t stop looking at this picture because the kitty looks just like my baby that passed away 2 years ago. RIP :(