Let’s Play: Animal or Dust Ball

You can’t tell the difference between this puppet, this kitteh and a Totoro Dust Ball.

OK, the pup has a collar. But if the dust ball had a collar, you couldn’t tell.

Check it: [double take neck spasm]

Dust Balls! Now available without collars at Skankazon! Kitten dust ball courtesy of Ant over at AQFL.net.

1. Tater Tot says:

I need a kitty dustball!

2. Looks more like a Chuzzle to me.

3. YES! Chuzzle, dustball style! Someone make that game, please!

4. Fird Birfle says:

A BLACK ONE !!!!

5. Nano's mom says:

I have a kitty dustball, but she’s not black

6. Not to brag but I have TWO black kitty dust balls! :D

(And a million black kitty dust bunnys generated by having two black kitty dust balls. *sigh*)

7. montanagramma says:

showoff! (sniff, sigh…)

8. victoreia says:

Oh sure……brag about it! ;)

9. AWW, I so want two black kitty dustballs to snorgle :D

10. Bless this little guy’s heart!

11. The resemblance is uncanny.

12. The dust balls in “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Spirited Away” are called Susuwatari.

13. Or, makkuro kurosuke! In Totoro though, they didn’t have arms and legs like they did in Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away). Still frakkin’ adorable, regardless. And the star candies they eat (konpeito) takes me back in the day! Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki nerd alert!

14. Oh yeah, I can’t believe I’m not the only Miyazaki nerd here! I swear it was my first thought before my eyes even reached the word Totoro. OMG Amazon has everything!!! LOL

15. Nope! Not the only one!

I liked the tree spirits in Mononoke no Hime too: Kodama! Cute lil rattleheads.

16. OMG, the puppy is completely redonk!

17. Mary (the first) says:

Beautiful kitteh!!

18. Doo dee doo, here in the Mod Lounge, looking under the furniture for puppy and kitty dust balls…I hope I find some!

19. Fird Birfle says:

PS: Ennybuddy else, notice the url???
    It has an *OLD* “Ol’ West” reference!!!

20. Fird Birfle says:

I had two diff. posts cornfused. The Old West, ol West url, is under Mike’s Western OK Hamster thinggie.

*runs away in @ngst*

21. awww Firdie! *provides firdie with consolation pom poms* its okay :)

22. Fird Birfle says:

*shakes consolation pom poms*

grins shyly @ Robin & @ Emmylee

23. Robin Kiesel says:

Don’t worry, I’m always confuddled and befused

24. Re: the kitty — Abracapocus! Hocuscadabra!

25. montanagramma says:

26. loves it!

27. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

28. I was thinking more lik….

29. like….

30. Jiffknee says:

Wish I had some tuna for da’ middle floofball. A little peenk tongue in the middle of the big-eyed black fluffness? *gack-thunk-ded*

31. Alien Guardian says:

32. Soot sprites! <3 I love those little guys.

33. I’d boop that kitty’s nose but i’m not sure that they have one! Too redunk.

34. What IS that puppers? Where is What? Is? That? when you need it?

35. That is Beatrix! She is one of the Apartment Therapy pooches and I believe she’s a Brussels Griffon. I have been by er stalking her for years but I can’t seem to find any pictures of her growed-up preshusness.

36. Um, cyber stalking. Guess I shouldn’t be trying to type at 5 am!

37. Thanks, Rani. I would never have guessed that breed. Nice to know her fabulous name, too!

38. Hahaha, they´re so cute, real ones and plushie. :) I got a couple of those dust devils in Tokyo when I was there, and my local friend Ayumi explained to me that these things “live in chimneys” that´s why they´re black, heheh. ;)

39. Le Chat is Adorbs!

40. Fird Birfle says:

PS: a Matchingks Tag wouldn’t hurt enny …..

41. kallisto73 says:

Makurukuruske!!!! I have one of those, I have one of those.
    Totally “Spirited Away!” Awwwww

42. Ummm; where are the Kitteh Dust Ball’s feets?
    (Or does she just ROFL at will?? Inquiring minds have to know….!!!) :shock:

43. ROFL, of course. But do not try this at home… she is a professional. ;)

44. I can’t stop looking at this picture because the kitty looks just like my baby that passed away 2 years ago. RIP :(